No announcement yet.

OC older hardware for better gaming [merged]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPUFSB is asking me me for my mainboard manufacturer, where do I find this info?

Mainboard type?

PLL manufacturer?

PLL type?

What should my multiplyer be?

My current frequency is 901.5mhz?

Comment

I have no experience with these programs myself but this page will help you determin your PLL chip though more info maybe found from that site. Also seein' as ya stated first that ya had an 800MHz CPU then the multiplier should be 8 and for 900MHz now means that there is an overclock workin' already but if ya made a mistake b4 and ya CPU is really 900MHz then the multipier is 9.

Comment

Computer Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
        => Try our computer model search: Click the button below to find matching upgrades for your computer model.
        Computer Model DIM4500
        Motherboard Manufacturer Intel Corporation
        => Or try our motherboard model search: If the computer model search doesn't work, click the button below to find matching upgrades for your computer's motherboard.
        Motherboard Model D845EPT2
        CPU Manufacturer GenuineIntel
        CPU Family Unknown
        CPU Speed 1993MHz
        Front-side bus speed 100MHz
        Currently installed memory 512MB
        Total number of memory slots 2

The memory currently in your computer
        Memory Slot 1:
        Intstalled module size (MB) 256
        Module description ECC Parity Standard
        Form factor DIMM
        Memory technology Unknown
        Memory Slot 2:
        Form factor DIMM

I'm not sure exactly what I am doing so any help would be appreciated. Also, I need to know what the max is I can O/c my memory too.

Comment

Originally posted by {WA} Nighthawk
          Computer Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
          => Try our computer model search: Click the button below to find matching upgrades for your computer model.
          Computer Model DIM4500
          Motherboard Manufacturer Intel Corporation
          => Or try our motherboard model search: If the computer model search doesn't work, click the button below to find matching upgrades for your computer's motherboard.
          Motherboard Model D845EPT2
          CPU Manufacturer GenuineIntel
          CPU Family Unknown
          CPU Speed 1993MHz
          Front-side bus speed 100MHz
          Currently installed memory 512MB
          Total number of memory slots 2

The memory currently in your computer
          Memory Slot 1:
          Form factor DIMM
          Memory Slot 2:
          Form factor DIMM

I'm not sure exactly what I am doing so any help would be appreciated. Also, I need to know what the max is I can O/c my memory too.
          If you would've paid any attention to whats in this thread you can answer your own question : omg:

Comment

Heh, what amd_man is saying is that OEM comps, like Dell, Compaq, etc, WILL NOT O/C AT ALL. Dont bother trying, they cant do it. The options arent available in the BIOS and the parts they are made with are only good enough to run at standard settings. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Mista K6,

I belive you are wrong to a extent, With my HP computer.. I have been able to overclock from 2.4 to 2.8 perfectly fine using CPUFSB. Now if they gave me PC3200 ram rather than 2700 I would be able to go farther.

Comment

Originally posted by Mista K6
                Heh, what amd_man is saying is that OEM comps, like Dell, Compaq, etc, WILL NOT O/C AT ALL. Dont bother trying, they cant do it. The options arent available in the BIOS and the parts they are made with are only good enough to run at standard settings. : peace2: Mista K6
                Thats not what I was saying at all, I don't exactly see where you got that from.

I was simply saying that if he read the thread he'd know to get SoftFSB or CPUFSB and see how it goes

Comment

I also stated with those 2 programs that great overclocks won't be achieved due to the fact that no voltage changes can be made to components so this will be the limiting factor plus the overclock only works while in the Windows enviroment.

Comment

Just to tack something onto the back of this. Seeing as you can't overclock your existing system your best of looking into how you can improve you current systems performance. The obvious is to crack open the old wallet. However, you should find out about freeing up the current resources you have.

Shutting down background applications is the first thing to do. Search the tt website your bound to find some handy stuff here.

Comment

Ahhhh, sry then man, I misunderstood you. :?:

If you have windows XP, I'd recommend checking out the two XP guides here at Tweaktown. If you have another OS, check out www.pureperformance.com, as they have many good tweaks there too. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

That is true. Great thing to do for older pcs.

Espically defragging, I recommend PerfectDisk and Diskeeper for defragmentation. I'm sure there is a free alternative out there some where.

Comment

Working...
                        X