Overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking

I have gotta 128mb GeForce 4 Ti4200 8x AGP..

How do i successfully and safely overclock it and what visible differences would i see from doin it?

Sugar

Originally posted by Sugar Hill
    I have gotta 128mb GeForce 4 Ti4200 8x AGP..

How do i successfully and safely overclock it and what visible differences would i see from doin it?

Sugar
    Get a program like powerstrip. Then slowly move the clocks up by about 3mhz at a time. Stop when you see artifacts, and back it down until you don't see any.

Then run 3dmark looping a couple of times, and see if you get artifacts then.

It will increase performance.

Comment

A benchmark program like 3DMark'01SE is the only way ya'd notice it as to the naked eye anything over 85FPS is hard pick (100 FPS is even harder).

Comment

Thanx..... :) :) :)

Sugar

Comment

you should be able to OC that card to a Ti4600 level without too much work

I'd recomend something like coolbits or RivaTuner to OC with

depending on the game there may or may not be a noticable difference

Comment

Wot is the difference between a Ti4200 and a Ti4800.. are there any noticable differences and is the hardware different if i purchased a 4800 board?

Where can i get these overclocking programs from???

Sugar

Comment

A google search could have found the URL for the downloads:P

Rivatuner: http://guru3d.com/rivatuner/

Omega Drivers: http://www.omegacorner.com/

The omega drivers have built in OCing support.

Comment

You might be able to use a game to see the difference. I used UT2003. With no case air flow (I have one CPU exhaust fan) I got the card to 290/581 with no problems. I clocked it down for the summer, cause, as I said, my cooling sucks. If you have any kind of good cooling you should hit 300/600 range easily. I know my MSI can do it, depends on who made your Ti4200 and how great the cooling is on it. : peace2: Mista K6

EDIT: In case ya want #'s, the FPS on the main menu of UT2003 (in 1024x768) went from 169fps at stock to 200fps (at 290/581). And the instant action menu went from 98fps to 115fps. Not bad, and it's free :thumb: .

Comment

i have a ti4400, and was able to overclockl to 300/600 with rivatuner.
                  CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                  Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                  RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                  GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                  PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                  SC: Audigy 2 zs
                  LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                  Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                  Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Hill
                    Wot is the difference between a Ti4200 and a Ti4800.. are there any noticable differences and is the hardware different if i purchased a 4800 board?

Where can i get these overclocking programs from???

Sugar
                    4800 is a 4400 with 8xAGP. The 4600 is the fastest GF4 Ti you can get and quite easily beats a 4200. You will see this reflected in the price. :cool:

Comment

Many ti4200s have been clocked past 4600s with little or no problems.

Personally, i can't get mine to clock up very well at all. I've seen 300+/600+ done in many instances with just stock cooling and no problems. I get my core to 290 with no issues, but i can't get mem to go above 550 without artifacts.

Comment

Since i was bored over the summer, i took a part the geforce4 ti4400 and simply added new thermal grease. Played around the clock for like a day, now it is at 350/639. It runs for about 2 hours, then it starts to heat up my computer :eek: so i just clock it to around 315/600
                        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                        SC: Audigy 2 zs
                        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Wow, that is really good. Have you ever seen the design on the MSI cards? Its a solid copper heat spreader on each side of the card, with fins coming up around the fan area. I wonder if I took it off and re-applied the thermal grease (Artic silver 3???) it'd help me too. Thanx for the idea Asianbatman :thumb: . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

You want to apply the adhesive version not just the grease. You'll soon notice the heatsink lying at the bottom of your case :eek: otherwise. If anybody wants to sell their Geforce TI to me their more than welcom :D

Comment

Best way is to get Coolbits, it opens up clock speed adjustments in your display properties.

Comment

Working...
                              X