Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help, I'm gonna go change all the mistakes I made!:cheers:

Comment

Ok, I read the documents thoroughly and taking that advice I got the following results:

FSB 154 x 12.5 (1928MHz)
      Vcore 1.650 (I just left it on auto)
      Memory 1:1 6-3-3-2.5

So 500 MHz isn't bad. I set my memory in single-channel mode, they seem to say this is more o/c friendly. I tested with Sandra loops for 4 hours and it was fine. CPU temp runs around 30 at idle, and never even hit 40 during the testing, so I know my watercooling is, well, cooling. I certainly am getting more than my moneys worth for the CPU I bought. I know I was supposed to go with the higher FSB but I could not reach these speeds. I would crap out about 100MHz lower. I'm willing to go back and try again (overclocker's motto?) but I was hoping someone could give me a little more advice or perhaps reassurance I am doing this right.

When I seem to top out, my computer fails to POST (or seems to fail anyways). No video signal, won't respond to keyboard, nada. I reset BIOS and start again from the last good settings I had. The guide says to bump Vcore 25mV while bumping FSB a few MHz, but I still hit the same wall, even bumping 50 or 100 mV over. It will not boot unless I reduce my FSB x multiplier to some combination of 1900 or less. I have AGP fixed at 66, and PCI is on autodetect (I don't see a BIOS option to fix PCI, so I guessed this was ok, I have no PCI cards anyways).

I feel like I should be getting a much higher clock, considering I am not straining my temperatures in the least bit, nor am I pumping a lot of Vcore. Is that the problem right there? Should I turn it up even higher? My power supply output appears to be stable. I am hesitant to wire trick, since this is my daily use computer, and I don't want to smoke it. Are there any other settings I can look at to get past this 1900 barrier, or should I be happy with this? Thanks for all answers!

:cheers:

Comment

did you up your vdimm? that will need upping also. you should be able to get 2000MHz+...definitely up your vcore to at least 1.65V, don't use auto...the DUT3C chips like higher voltage vor oc'ing....

Comment

just keep upping the fsb, your motherboard doesn't use the multiplier's over 12.5 without blowing some bridges.

Comment

I have an XP 3000+ what can i expect from mine? i am currently at 2.2 which is 64mghz faster than bone stock...hehe. how far do u think i can go.

Comment

Originally posted by claudmasta34
              I have an XP 3000+ what can i expect from mine? i am currently at 2.2 which is 64mghz faster than bone stock...hehe. how far do u think i can go.
              It depends ona lot of things, but they don't seem to overclock as well as some of the other chips.

Depends on motherboard, ram, cooling, power supply.

Comment

system specs,

Asus NForce2 A7N8X
                1 GIG pc 2700 DDR RAM
                i just have fans for cooling, 3 of them, not including the processor
                XP 3000+
                Antec 380 powersupply

what do you think...any rough guesses, lol, i'm just curious

Comment

with the 3000+, i'd expect no more than 600-700MHz with your current set up. is that a rev 2.0 a7n8x? you're gonna need to get better ram....and seeing how the 2500 bartons are having trouble reaching 2500 and up on air, i wouldn't expect too much outta the 3000+ on air cooling...just my 2 cents....but you never know...you may get a 900+MHz oc.....

Comment

Originally posted by chile
                    with the 3000+, i'd expect no more than 600-700MHz with your current set up. is that a rev 2.0 a7n8x? you're gonna need to get better ram....and seeing how the 2500 bartons are having trouble reaching 2500 and up on air, i wouldn't expect too much outta the 3000+ on air cooling...just my 2 cents....but you never know...you may get a 900+MHz oc.....
                    Well, alot of it is just luck of the draw, but I'd giveit 2400-2500mhz if you have an slk heatsink, and a decent fan on top of that.

But, then You might not get much of an overclock too.

Comment

Working...
                    X