Which TT Vocano HSF is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which TT Vocano HSF is the best?

Hey guys, just a dumb and simple questions.

I am planning of buying a ThermalTake Vocano HSF but the only thing is there are so many of them and do not know which one is the BEST out of the lot.

So if you guys could help me select the very best vocano that I could get it would really help me.

So far I think that the Vocano 7+ and 11+ is the best but I might be wrong.

can you tell us what CPU you have? as it may make a difference
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I got a AMD XP 2600+ and planning on overclocking it to what ever I can.

Comment

Go with the 7+. Its a GREAT HSF.

Comment

i totaly agree Volcano 7+ is a great hsf

Comment

Cool, I will get the Vocano 7+ then, since most people think it was the best to go for.

Now do you think I should get that funnel thing that goes on the vocano that you buy seperatly?

Comment

I would go for Volcano 7+ as well. But if you are talking about the ducting mod, don't get it because it isn't designed for the 7+, only the 7 and 11 I think. But for sure doesn't fit on the 7+.

Comment

Ok then... man this forum rules. Got everything I need from this kick ass forum.

Comment

it won't fit on the 7+ because it uses a 70mm fan and the ducting mod is made for 80mm fans, you could do what i did with my volcano 7+, i cut the sides that hold the fan and stuck a 70 to 92mm adapter on it, then i got a 92mm tornado on it, the thing is a cooling beast!

Comment

do you have a pic of that?

Comment

I'd go with an sk-7 and a smart fan II.

Comment

that would be great for cooling...not so great on the ears

Comment

Yeah I like the Volcano 7+ so much because it is way quieter and even on medium fan speed setting it can cool better than most. On medium I can just BARELY hear it over my other case fans.

Comment

Does it have to be Thermal Take?

< copy&paste from another post>

Check out the Spire Falcon Rock 2 (Review here)
                            If your in Aus you can get it from here and here
                            If you in the US you can find it here

If you decide to go with a Thermal Take HSF definately do not get the Volcano 9. It really does suck compared to some other cheaper coolers

< /copy&paste from another post>
                            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I have to agree with Andy about the V9. It isn't worth it for the cooling.

I have to disagree with the Spire though. Just from reading the latest cooling test on the home page of www.tweaktown.com. It has the spire listed with the kamakaze they are testing and the spire is about as good, actually next to the V9 as far as cooling ability.
                              Just something I just read and thought I would pass along since I never heard of the spire rock until his post, and then my subsequent reading of the latest cooling test I read about the kamakaze.
                              I may be wrong and it may be a different product of the spire line.
                              Just something I noticed.
                              Regards,
                              Chez

Comment

Working...
                              X