No announcement yet.

Which TT Vocano HSF is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Althought the Spire Falcon Rock2 doesn't perform as well as others, it is dead silent, and you can put a higher powered fan on it if you feen the stock fan isn't cooling enough for you. The review i mentioned even stated that if you get the FR2 and an all copper HS(an slk900 for example) and put a Delta on it (exact same delta for both) they perform almost identically

The Whisper Rock that was shown in the Kamakaze HSF review temp comparison is supposed to be an even better performing HSF than the FR2 (but still very quiet), but I can't support or deny this because it hasn't arrived in Australia yet.
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Like I was saying Andy, I was just going off of what I had just read in the kamakaze review. I don't know anything about the spire line. Quiet is always good though, if that is what you need or are looking for.

There are SO MANY options for HSF it is almost too much. It comes down to personal preference and what you have worked with, from what I have found out. Same with mobo's. Some love Asus(like me) and are used to the bios's and other operations that it would be hard to get someone like me to switch to an ABit or Epox, just because I have never worked with them as much as Asus. Although a LOT of people use them, or all 3 boards to be exact.

Just my 2 cents.
      Chez

Comment

Yeah, there are so many different HSF on the market it is so easy to get confused with which is good and which is crap. That is the main reason why I decided ask a few questions on this forum because I am such a noob in HSF and OCing

Comment

I will give you the top three I would buy or have boughten in the last few months.

The TT 7 or 11 Xaser
          SLK-800
          Aero 7+

Another thing you can do is check out people signatures and see what they are running if they have it listed.
          You can't really go wrong with the ones listed above as far as I personally can say. I like them all.
          They all do the job. Some look better than others. Some are cheaper.
          Like I said, a lot of it is personal preference when it comes down to the top 10. Cause they all are within a few degrees of each other when it comes down to cooling. If noise is an issue than you can add that into the mix.
          For me, I love the new "different" design element of the Aero 7+ so I went for that on my current build. Although I also have a Thermaltake 11 Xaser as a back up. that I can either use in this computer or replace in one of my other machines. To me they are both great options. I would have picked up the Slk 6, 7, or 800 if I had the option and need for another HSF just to see how they work out.

Happy hunting,
          Chez

Comment

Yeah, I just got myself a Voncano 7+ but was also thinking about getting the conducting mod.

But is the conducting mod really that good? If so I can change it for a 11+ with the conducting mod.

Comment

My advice is just stay with 7+. It should satisfy your cooling needs. Also stick some Arctic Silver 3 on there if you haven't already. You'd be surprised at how much that helps.

Comment

Yeah I got some AS3 already, do you guys always run the HSF at the highest speed or you guys just put the setting on what keeps your CPU cool enough?

Comment

I usually keep it at med 90% of the time.

Comment

I go medium too simply because medium serves all the cooling needs and it didn't seem to cool THAT much better on high.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                      Z-Blade[/size]]
                      Yeah I got some AS3 already, do you guys always run the HSF at the highest speed or you guys just put the setting on what keeps your CPU cool enough?
                      I have quite a supply of AS3 (let alone other heat tranfer greases) but I use Volcano 7+'s on my Athlons (medium speed) and P4's (low speed) without a worry. ;)

Comment

I use that new stuff Arctic silver ceramique its preatty decent but i noticed that its a bit thicker then AS3 so its a bit harder to apply but i got by and it seems to be working great.

Comment

Working...
                        X