X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mom's pc and a file server...

Comment

• dad's pc and another server...he doesnt understand why i need a BLUE computer case, with a "hole" in the side of the case, how could i explain 'coolness' to an old-guy? what relly perplexes him is the watercooling..he just dont get it..

Comment

• what type of connection is that?

Comment

• its just a cat5e line i wiredinto the walls, its all profesionaly done, my room is above the 'office' its all tied into a cablemodem and router though, nothing special connection wise. thoes gold ones are for rear speakers, i have 5.1 wierd into the walls, this room my pc is in also houses my tv/sterio

p.s. wiggo i put my camra onto 640x480 pic size, hope this helps keep the mods happy.

Comment

• ha im 16 an my setup kicks ass,

black blob behind tv is a file server runing redhat 9

EDIT: Keep ya pic size down

Comment

• ahhh, linux, props man...

Comment

• nice set up, shame about the dead pixel tho.:D

Comment

• sos bout the pic size hadent realosed how big it woz, {didnt even know the camera was that good!!!

ALan

Comment

• I guess this is where you post the pics of your new computer. I will post a couple more later today with all of them in it.
                    This one is almost finished up. I have to organize the wires a littmmore and add a couple more CC's.
                    Chez

Comment

• Here is one of the pics. It still needs some fine tuning and cleaning up. The new side Zalman fan drops tremps dratically. It actually is just resting on top of the cooler and seems to work well without having to shell out anohter $40 for a "real" heat ppipe cooler with the holes for the fan to fit it.
                      Chez

Comment

• Here is a pic of my old Toshiba 4030CDT laptop that the LCD went bad on. So I took it apart to see if I can fix it. Which of course I can for $295 for a new LCD.
                        OR I can use an external monitor and now it becomes a deskportable!!!:eek:

It is a great computer. A PIII 333 if I remember correctly, running windows 98se, 15gig harddrive.

So I am going to hook it up to an external monitor and use it like a regular computer except this time I think I might try using it as my linux box, or learning how to make a server. Its pretty cool I was able to pull the screen off so it isn't in the way. It really just looks like a funny keyboard I guess you could say.
                        I found a guy on ebay that I bought a battery for my Sony Vaio from that was DOA, so he is sending me a better one. Then I happened to tell him about the toshiba and that I needed a power supply cable for it and he gave it to me for $15!! I was happy to say the least. The cheapest I could find one for was $60, and that is why I pretty much figured that computer was an anchor.
                        I am excited now that I will be able to use it again. It can be my experimental machine. Amd of course I will run folding@home on it.

Its been so long since I have seen it work, I hope it does. If I have to buy a battery, which I shouldn't since it will always be plugged in, he will sell me one for $60.
                        NOW all I wish I wouldn't have done is thrown away all my 14-15" CRT monitors that I figured I wouldn't ever need. Oh well, maybe I will find some at a garage sale or something.

OR is someone can help me find one of those switches that you can plub a couple computers in and change which one shows up on the monitor. IF they are CHEAP.
                        Anyway, here is the pic,

Comment

• Here are two more pics of my unfinished office computers I took alst night while i was tring to finish up some stuff.

Comment

• Otra mas, another one........

Comment

• And last but not least my 2nd car. I'll race you JediAgent, for pink slips!!!:rofl: Just kidding..........
                              This is one of the cars I rented on a trip to Hawaii my company paid for. They paid for first class, the posh hotel, food, and gave me $2000 in spending cash. This is the same trip I brought $10,000, bought my Rolex, my wife a tennis bracelet, took a private helicopter trip. And of course rented this Ferrari, a Prowler as seeen as my barckround in another picture, along with a new exotic car each day.
                              It was a blast. It was a once in a life time type of thing...

Comment

• Remember that little funky looking Toshiba 4030CDT that I took the LCD off of, since it was broke? I bought the power cord for it from the same guy I bought the battery for this laptop(My Sony Vaio). I only paid $15 dollars for it and hooked it up to one of my external LCD monitor, and viola, it works like a charm. With windows 98 though. Which is cool, since I have some 98 stuff that I can now use on it, instead of making a dual boot system out of another one of my computers.

Amuwau, after pretty much succomving to the fact that laptop was an anchor pretty much since I didn't want to spend $600+ at the time for a new LCD, I am extremely happy it works.
                                Now for the real vumver. I don't have enough monitors for all these freaking systems. before I left Tokyo I threw out 2 14in. perfectly good monitors since I didn't need them and we were close on our shipping weight. I wish I would have saved them now. Oh well, such is life. At least the darn thing booted up and works great. I am always nervous when I haven't messed with a sstem for over 3 years. Especially a laptop. they aren't the esaiest to work with when it comes time to work on them.
                                To be honest, I don't hink I have EVER been in the bios of my Sony Vaio. Not that I have had to. Although it would be nice to check it out. Maybe I will try later on.
                                I did on my Toshiba tonight, and its about the most worthless bios if you want to tweak something.

Anyway, that was cool. Especially after the week I have had with totalling my 4runner, being in extreme pain and my wife and I continuing towards divorce.
                                And I wear my heart on my sleeve and that sucks. Cause she loves to make my life hell. She hasn't even helped me out with the pain from the car accident or ask how I was doing. She was just telling me how I BETTER co-sign for new truck for her before the divorce, or she is going to make life hell.
                                She's an Officer in the Air Force, so I know she will pay, but I am going to see a lawyer first to see what he thinks.Of course he doesn't have to live with her fr then next 30 days, and has to have bakc surgery too.
                                Talk about being in a quandry!!!

Chez

Comment

Working...
                                X