Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a pic of the home theater setup. Next week I'm buying a Shuttle SN41G2 to replace my Platinum XP. It will be sitting up in the shelf with the rest of the equipment and will be much quieter.

Comment

• A PC for a home cinema system? What does it do then? I thought standalone dvd players have better quality and your HD seems a bit small to use it as a VCR.
      Looks nice though, 50" mmm so the optimal viewing distance is like 30 feet. Nope I need a bigger house before I can buy that

Comment

• Originally posted by Nosferatu
        A PC for a home cinema system? What does it do then? I thought standalone dvd players have better quality and your HD seems a bit small to use it as a VCR.
        Looks nice though, 50" mmm so the optimal viewing distance is like 30 feet. Nope I need a bigger house before I can buy that
        I'm using the computer as a scaler so it takes a DVD and does visual enhancements and outputs it at 960x540p, which the TV sees as 1080i, high def. Some movies, like Star Wars Episode 2, rival high def movies when played through a scaler.

Also, Windows Media Player 9 does high def movies now and just a few weeks ago Terminator 2 high def come out. I've not bought it yet but the WM9 samples I've played look very good.

Comment

• Here is a few pics of the current setup i'm using until i finish my new comp. Its a lil messy as u may be able to see in the background. Specs on this bad boy are:
          1Ghz P4 @ 3.2 Ghz
          (2) Corsair XMS 1 GB DDR PC2700 sticks
          Hercules Radeon 9900 Pro
          (2) Maxtor 40GB 7200 RPM HDD on RAID_0
          Soyo P4S Dragon Ultra
          52x CD Drive
          Samsung 52x24x52
          Custom Made Cold Air Intake/ Dry NOS CPU cooler
          Dual Exhaust
          10 LBS NOS tank
          5 in. Chrome wheels
          Wings West Spoiler

I was able to OC so much because of my custom intake and NOS setup, just look at the pics. This bad boy cost me a lot of money and time.

Comment

• What'll it do in the quarter-mile? :rofl:

Comment

• Forget the 1/4 mile. :zzz: This here does the complete startup in a mere 7.4 secs and the shutdown from full load in about 8 secs flat.:thumb:

Comment

• Theeeeee question..............Why do so many people put their cases of the bloody floor. I know they take up a big footprint but why mod them so they look nice just to put them on the floor. I mean some of you guys have really sweet cases.....but they're on the friggin floor!!!

Chaos: peace:

Comment

• make less noise that way...the carpet absorbs a lot of the sound, not to mention it takes up a lot of desk space that way

at least that is why I put mine on the floor

although I must admit that half the time it is sitting on my desk...guess it just depends on what I'm doing with it =)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaos
                    Theeeeee question..............Why do so many people put their cases of the bloody floor.
                    Chaos: peace:

i've learn to put my case on the floor,,, i bought myself a clear case around 1 yr ago, and i wanted to show off the case. SO i putted on my desk top. One day, my friends dog jumped on to my table, and his body droped my whole case down. GOod thing that the case was still emty. The side pattan broke in half, and i had use my warrenty.

If u have a clear case, or a case that can break easily,, PUT IT ON THE FLOOR!

: peace2:

Comment

• I have an antec case, and since it weighs a ton I put it on my desk cause I know it's nice and stirdy :smokin: don't have to worry about it being knocked over. : peace:

Comment

• Originally posted by smokin_pc
                        i've learn to put my case on the floor,,, i bought myself a clear case around 1 yr ago, and i wanted to show off the case. SO i putted on my desk top. One day, my friends dog jumped on to my table, and his body droped my whole case down. GOod thing that the case was still emty. The side pattan broke in half, and i had use my warrenty.

If u have a clear case, or a case that can break easily,, PUT IT ON THE FLOOR!

: peace2:
                        But for the people who don't have dogs etc that can cause accidents, how on earth could their comps drop from their desks..:?:

Comment

• I've got mine on my desk... :cheers:
                          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

• Here is a pic of my system/play area/hideout. It`s still not quite the way I want it (not enough room), but i`m happy for now.

Comment

• dude, do u have a single non-burnt cd?
                              i know i have a few.... *cough*

//alias

Comment

• Originally posted by //alias
                                dude, do u have a single non-burnt cd?
                                i know i have a few.... *cough*

//alias
                                :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                                X