No announcement yet.

The B00Mbox, my watercooled cube project, Warning! Lots of p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:eek: it may look crappy in person, but those pics are just awsome, keep up the excelent work! :thumb:

Comment

Thanks guys, but as Kane said, even a 16th of an inch shows on such a small case. I'm not unhappy with the concept, and for a first experiment, it didn't come out too bad. After doing it though, I taught myself several ways I could do it easier and better. I'll wait til it gets dark and take some night pics. That may show some of the flaws I'm seeing so vividly. I'm thinking of ordering more plastic and trying again. My biggest mistake was buying only enough plastic for one shot at it, considering I haven't worked with acrylics before. Maybe one of my LAN buddies would buy this one for the cost of the plastic and the EL wire. I'm sure it'd look fine behind a case window, just not AS the window, which is what I'm doing with it. I'm sure it will look much different when I cut the hole through the green mirror and case, as the case lights should make it brighter. Here's one more with the room darkened:

Comment

Wordbiker : I think that is just awful & ugly, and I think you should send it to me ! :devil win

Seriously, it's awesome ! And you said that's your first try ? Damn ! :thumb:
        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Sure, for $20 plus shipping...:D

Comment

10shipped. non CC paypal??????? :rofl:
            but if thats your crap version, you can send me your crap anyday!!!

Comment

$20 is what I have into it in plastic and EL wire kit. That doesn't include the labor.....and did I say it was crappy? No, it's awesome! Stupendous! It'll make your PC run faster! :D

Comment

LMAO, Its like NAWZ for your system!!!!

Comment

OK, I ordered plastic today, so before the bill comes...any takers? Going once....going twice...
                  OK, here's a teaser night shot with no flash. Hmmmm....it looks a lot better in the dark...:p

Comment

my offer of 10shipped looks to be the highest one ATM :D

Comment

I'm a bit late here, but OMG!!!
                      Wordbiker, that is some very very good work there!
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
                        my offer of 10shipped looks to be the highest one ATM :D
                        wordbiker, how about I split a bottle of jack with ya for it?:devil:

Comment

Hey, thanks Andy.
                          I sure appreciate the comments from you guys that have all impressed me with your own work. It may be a bit before you see more from me. I'm waiting for some of my materials to show, but I do have what I need to keep going on the front bezel. I have to drill pretty precise holes for those 3 1/4" tubes to fit into, and make the hinge piece, but I found a knurled 1" knob that should work perfect for the adjustment dial, so I have to wait for that to ship. Work this week will slow my progress on this project, but be patient and I'll show you some more things that you may like.
                          Nice try Kane :p
                          :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                            wordbiker, how about I split a bottle of jack with ya for it?:devil:
                            Split? Who said anything about splitting it? :devil win

Comment

yeah I'm slightly late to the fold but dammmmnnn that good work!

Comment

Yes indeed that is some modd talent ya got there.. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X