Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD3R Overclocking problems with different BIOS

Hi everyone,
    first thanks for this place, it's wonderful to see how much people can be passionate by their hardware.
    Secondly, excuse me for my english i'm a french baguette and i haven't studied english enough to write it perfectly.

Now here's the problem i've a X58A-UD3R V2.0 (FB Bios) paired with a x5650 OC @4Ghz / QPI=1.36; BCLK=183mHZ; cpuV=1.28 with HT on

i want to update bios because i want to use VT-D technology, only Fh1 bios from Gigabyte Techs support this features.

So i flashed Fh1 Bios through @Bios (i know it's bad), flash was ok and my system boot with any problem but i can't overclock anymore every option i touch make the system unstable and dont boot (like simply decrease ram freq make the system unstable).

i tried other bios, they do same thing no overclock.

I can overclocking ONLY with FB Bios

thank you for your help

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Overclocking problems with different BIOS

I've had the @Bios break Overclocking on my X58A-UD5. you need to try re-flashing the board. Try Q-Flash from the bios. This is what I generally use. download the Bios file to a USB stick formated as FAT16. Boot the PC with the USB stick connected. then enter the bios and select Q-Flash. browse to the bios file on the USB Stick and load it.

the other alternative would be to create a DOS boot USB and update it in a DOS interface.

https://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html

Vin

Main Rig
    OS = Win10-64Bit
    CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
    Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
    MB = Asus ROG C6H
    GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
    HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
    Mem = 24GB RAM
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
    GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
    HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
    Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Define R5

Comment

Working...
    X