z77x-ud5h bclk spiking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z77x-ud5h bclk spiking

Just recently I have been having issues with my setup and couldn't really diagnose it. It would lock up for a few seconds or the sound and video would spaz out and just the other day, hdd corruption.

Finally figured out that the bclk was spiking at random times. Still cannot find out why as I have changed nothing and its been fine for almost a year.

I found out it was the bclk when I looked at hwinfo64 and the maximum it hit for was 109!! It must only hit it for a few seconds and return to normal.

I have reflashed the bios, cleared cmos, used default bios settings, basically anything that could be the culprit. No luck. It still spikes every now and then and its usually hours into my pc running.

I use no OC software or anything like that, its a fresh windows install ( as my hdd got corrupted ).

Anyone have any ideas? I think the motherboard is dying as I don't think a CPU could cause this.

I am thinking if its the motherboard dying then I might have to get a z87 setup.

z77x-ud5h f14 (even tried different bios and it still spikes)
    gtx 770

Re: z77x-ud5h bclk spiking

That's a strange one. I have two Z77 UD5H boards myself and I've never seen that happen. You should put in a support ticket with Gigabyte.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Guess nobody else has had this issue which kinda tells me it must be motherboard going out.

Comment

flash the last beta from this forum, then pull out battery and short clr_cmos for a while ... at least 10 min I'd say.
        if that doesn't work, 100% defective board. I have the same issue and hope to finally get a nice Asus board after infinite Gigabyte RMAs and microstutter.

Comment

this is related to you; http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...z-what-do.html

Vin
          Main Rig
          OS = Win10-64Bit
          CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
          Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
          MB = Asus ROG C6H
          GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
          HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
          PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
          Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
          OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
          CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
          Mem = 24GB RAM
          MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
          GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
          HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
          Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
          PSU = Corsair TX750
          Case = Define R5

Comment

I gave up on trying to fix this UD5H. I got almost a year out of it but I am pretty sure its almost dead now.

Today the bclk even went down to 72 and as high as 104. I have tried almost every BIOS and have cleared the cmos so many times and the issue remains.

I don't want people to think this is normal or common for this board because I haven't heard anyone else having this issue.

Comment

I had unusual bus readings(drops to 84 or 78) when Intel VT-d was enabled in BIOS (F18 Z77X-UD3H , F19 betas didnt help much, got tired of settings amnesia), after disabling bclk shows 100.10-11
              Still rarely (usually during skype calls) cursor stutters for 2-3 sec and then system just locks up, no event logs, etc (looks like bclk related stuff).
              C3/C6 disabled, no OC, no Turbo.
              Strange these Gigabyte boards are).

Comment

Working...
              X