X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Haswell Overclocking Guides / Results

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
    looks good boon

I couldn't clock the memory much above 1600mhz till I fitted the accelero cooler and all the tiny heatsinks for the vrm's,now I can do 1700mhz without touching memory voltage
    Looking like I'm not going to make 1600 with these cards...but I can still raise the core so I might get some higher scores yet.
    Originally posted by stasio View Post
    Yea,I saw last week.
    I paid my G.Skill 2933 and now waiting for delivery.
    For this kit cost must be arround USD650-700......
    Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Memory, Desktop Memory, DDR3 3000 (PC3 24000)
    Yeeaow, lots of money for RAM.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by boondocks View Post
      Yeeaow, lots of money for RAM.
      Yea,for one 3000 memory kit 2x4GB,you can buy 2 good motherboards.....

Comment

TeamAU profiles for GIGABYTE Z87X-OC X01 BIOS only.

PSC AIR, PSC LN2, Corsair Samsung ICs. Copy on USB stick and load profile and BIOS

GigabyteZ87XOCX01biosTeamAU testing profiles.rar

Here are the testing notes also placed in the zip file

WARNING: Volts being suggested can be very high and could lead to hardware failure. We take no responsibility for hardware failure it may cause. These are the settings we normally test with and have not had any failures but it does not mean it is safe so use it at own risk!

I just want to say something before i get on with this information. Please use this as a guide. Don't assume it will work for you, it probably will but it might not and it would require some work on your part to troubleshoot and work out how to get the most out of your setup.

> Some CPUs/IMCs will need different voltage for VIOA and VIOD so this is something you need to work out on your own. Get to a frequency in OS that is close to the edge of stability and tune volts with GTL (Gigabyte Tweak Launcher) software. PSC ram generally likes little volts added so try VSA +0.05 first and bump as far as +0.3 on air. VIO i tend to go as high as +0.35 on air and it scales in some instances.

> You may need subzero on some CPUs to get the most out of RAM but in most insances you should be able to make the RAM out with CPU running on air or water. I tend to do most of my pretesting with CPU on Corsair H50 water cooler

> Use a high speed fan as volts are pretty high on ram and other settings

> Please note that I use an Advanced Timing setup so you have to adjust timings on BOTH channel A and B!!!

> Be mindful that RTL settings change with different RAM ratios (they tighten with lower ratios and loosen with higher) if you do not get the RTL perfect you will not be able to boot) The bios will normally pick the correct RTL values so i usually start with AUTO and then set specific values that are meant to work. The other think you need to be mindful that difference CAS latency will also set different RTLs (lower Cas sets tighter RTL). Channel A and B cannot have the same RTL set, channel B must always be +1. For example, with 26.00 ratio and PSC on CAS8 the correct RTL level should be 40/41. If you get CAS7 working, the correct RTL will be 38/39, CAS6 is 36/37 etc. Sometimes you will get a whacky RTL when bios auto tunes timings hence there is an option to set it and you should always set it in final benching.

> I normally have multiple profiles for some IC as you sometimes have to OC in stages to reach max clock. I also like having a reference point in case the rig gets unstable

> There are two key areas which will probably require most of the tweaking to get the most out of your ram, RTLs, IOLs and these tertiary timings (tRDRD_dr, tRDRD_dd, tWRWR_dr, tWRWR_dd). Use AUTO settings to tune if you start getting stuck and then start setting them and checking stability in windows

> Be patient with bios boot cycles. Don't clear cmos too fast or stop if it looks like it is in a boot loop. Sometimes bclock training can take a minute, just let the bios do it's thing and let you know where it's at. Sometimes you will get a fail OC and if you just go back into bios, save and exit it will actually boot up and be stable in windows. Something to keep in mind.

> PSC profiles I have are mainly based on some patriot kit i was testing. YOu may find your RAM needs full retuning but give these a go

*PSC Air Profile*
        -frequency is high for some RAM so you can try backing off to a lower ratio or bclock.
        -please note that IOL is set to 4 and some RAM won't be able to handle that.
        -TRRSR(TRDRD) is set to 4 as some of the RAM i test with mostly is able to handle it. most sticks will require 5
        -volts are pretty high and may be too high for some PSC or BBSE. Most ram has a specific range it likes. I have some PSCs that will not like more than 1.8vdimm on air and even on LN2. Be mindful of that
        -VIO volts can impact on stability once you start increasing frequency on ram. Some combinations of hardware require AUTO settings, others need a slight bump to +0.05 but other configurations may need as high as +0.35. These two volts will also impact on efficiency of RAM and if you get the values wrong you could be passing frequency but be slow in benchmarks such as superpi.
        -test difference VSA settings. I tend to always start with +0.23 but have found instances where RAM was more stable with less volts such as some PSC that likes +0.05-0.1 and others that need +0.3(like one of my BBSE sticks)

*PSC LN2 Profile*
        -RAM testing subzero has a lot of complications. You must measure the temp properly first of all and what i normally do is insert a temp probe between RAM PCB and heatsink.
        -Don't freeze RAM and then let it warm up and let ice melt or you are looking for trouble
        -Insulate the board properly, do not use grease in RAM slots you will OC with. Normally i don't grease orange slots but some prefer to use black. I do use grease in black slots because moisture very quickly makes the rig unstable and you will see it manifest with general instability or rig just cutting out as if a power cord was pulled etc
        - Memory will need to retrain when it gets subzero. Some ram will retrain at 0C and some at -40C. I tend to try and check the CB of RAM also once i do train as you will have memory that will not run very cold for best results. Corsair Dominators hate going past -32 to -35C while Vengeance sticks with samsung ICs will go to -48C without an issue or slowdowns. PSC generally tend to like full pot but not all sticks so something to check and slowly build up.

*Corsair Samsung ICs*
        (like Dominator Platinum, some Vengeance ram also). It might also be ok on Gskill 2600 Samsung based ICs, possibly other vendors too.
        So far this ram has all had a fairly low cold bug around -30 to -35 on Corsair Dominators and anotther 10C lower on Vengeance. yet to test GSkill. Not a great deal of scaling on cold but there is some with corsairs. You have to get your voltage right. Timings worked fine on both kits so they should be pretty similar.

Dinos22

Comment

Start to play with 4.6 GHz........day time (amb 33C) temp on the brick........

Waiting for one more 4770K and one will be delidded,for sure......

Still waiting for my DDR3-2933........(newegg send first delivery on wrong address)......

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
          Get the fire extinguisher out... 2933

Not fully stable yet but first run at it.
          Ace,nice one.....
          My set of same ram is samsung IC.
          Try to increase VSA and slightly VIOA & VIOD.
          Last edited by stasio; 08-03-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

At least my 2933 memory came today.......

Some results.....not tweaked yet...DDR3-3000......(no time,atm)

Last edited by stasio; 08-15-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

4.5GHz-DDR3-3000MHz [email protected]

Comment

Have my cpu started dying on me?

Overclocked my 4770k, delided, with Kraken X60 up to 4.4 ghz which needed 1.32 vcore to be stable. The temps were good and topped at around 70 degrees in Prime95.
                After this I have been trying to reach 4.6 ghz, and was stable (tested 2-3 hours) stress testing without overclocking the memory at 1.41 vcore.
                Here is the settings I've been using trying to get 4.6 ghz stable:
                vcore: 1.41-1.42

multiplier X 46
                uncore/cache X 35
                vRing 1.3 (1.20 - 1.3) (allso tried auto which gave 1.33)
                VRIN/input 1.9 - 2.1

VCCSA 0.2 - 0.3 (Allso tried auto) Tried for offset + 0.4 during a stress test for 8 hours, after reading that stock is 0.820, + 0.4 = 1.22 (1.30 is max) which got memory on 2133 mhz stable.

VCCIOA auto
                VCCIOD auto

Stress tested with Prime95 and AIDA64 and the temps topped at around 75-77 degrees.
                Idle 25-30 degrees.
                Yesterday I decided trying to overclock with OCCT with Linpack, AVX, all cores enabled.
                Suddenly my cpu temps started rising instantley up to 100 degrees, so I stopped the stress test.
                After this when I tried any stress test it instantly started raising up to 100+ degrees and had to stop it.
                Repasted my cpu again, reset cmos, and reinstalled BIOS (incase something got messed up), but the same thing happended when I started stress testing, stright up to 100+ degrees.
                Checked the cpu fans on the Kraken X60 heatsink, and they seem in order.

Tried to downclock to 1.20 vcore and lower cpu multiplier, but same think happened, stright to 100+ degrees.
                Only thing that seem to work now are stock clocks, and even they are reaching 80-83 degrees after around 5 minutes.

So is my cpu dying on me, or can it be the motherboard that has gotten to high volts?

Comment

VRIN/input 1.9 - 2.1.....??? why so high....
                  I am on Auto or less then 1.80V.

VCCSA 0.2 - 0.3...this voltage is mostly for DDR3-2600 and above....(you have 2133)
                  Your full spec. will be usefull..
                  How you read temp......I mean which software you using?

Comment

Had VRIN at 1.9 since it should be around 0.5v over vcore. vcore 1.41 - 1.42 + 0.5 = 1.9 - 1.95.

Also tried lower VCCSA, but was still unstable at + 0.3. Trying to up it to 0.4 made it stable though, but ain't going to keep it there as it's too high.

Full specs:

NZXT Phantom 630 case
                    ASRock Z87 extreme 6/ac
                    4770k delided
                    NZXT Kraken X60 AIO cooling
                    Kingston HyperBeast 16 GB 2400 mhz
                    2 X GTX 780
                    2X Samsung 840 PRO SSD
                    3 X Seagate Barracuda 2 TB

I am using coretemp/realtemp to read cpu temps.
                    Last edited by ZeusApollon; 08-16-2013, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Temperature measure with..???

4.62 GHz-DDR3-3000MHz [email protected]

Vcore......1.335V
                      VCCIN.....1.810V
                      VRing......1.230V
                      VCCSA....+0.26V
                      VCCIOA...+0.24V
                      VCCIOD...+0.25V
                      Vdimm.....1.650V
                      Last edited by stasio; 08-16-2013, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Sorry, too fast on the trigger there. Edited my post above:

Full specs:

NZXT Phantom 630 case
                        ASRock Z87 extreme 6/ac
                        4770k delided
                        NZXT Kraken X60 AIO cooling
                        Kingston HyperBeast 16 GB 2400 mhz
                        2 X GTX 780
                        2X Samsung 840 PRO SSD
                        3 X Seagate Barracuda 2 TB

I am using coretemp/realtemp to read cpu temps.

Comment

I suggest...load Optimized Defaults in BIOS.
                          Then, try CPU multi x40......and see what is the voltage need... to be stable (keep memory on stock...1333)...and what is temp.
                          IBT is good to test (or start with AIDA64....less temp)....
                          Increase only Vcore.......all other on Auto.

Comment

Have tried loading optimal/default settings and multiplier on 40, vcore at around 1.10 - 1.20, but temps as mentioned earlier has suddenly started going crazy up to 100+ degrees in a couple of seconds.

Earlier my temps hardly went past 75-80 for hours on 4.2 (!) vcore! So something is wrong.
                            Thinking I need to try to repaste the CLU between the die and IHS for a third time.

It looks like the trouble came when I started testing with AVX in OCCT Linpack, som maybe the TIM got worse/romoved from some parts of the die, and my second repaste was not good enough?

Comment

After repasting the TIM again, the temps are now back to "normal".

Tried setting the multiplier to 40, RAM at 1333 mhz at 1.5v and everything else on auto.
                              Theese are the voltages showing at auto:

vcore 0.912v
                              VIN/VRIN 1.864
                              VID 1.201
                              vRing 1.229

VID 1.201, after what I have read that is pretty terrible at stock settings.
                              Saw some guide out there stating 1.0 at stock is great, 1.1 average, and 1.2+ is thrashbin next. Guess I was unlucky in the lottery this time.

Will try your suggestion and only rising the multiplier and vcore, and everything else on auto.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeusApollon View Post
                                After repasting the TIM again, the temps are now back to "normal".

Tried setting the multiplier to 40, RAM at 1333 mhz at 1.5v and everything else on auto.
                                Theese are the voltages showing at auto:

vcore 0.912v
                                VIN/VRIN 1.864
                                VID 1.201
                                vRing 1.229

VID 1.201, after what I have read that is pretty terrible at stock settings.
                                Saw some guide out there stating 1.0 at stock is great, 1.1 average, and 1.2+ is thrashbin next. Guess I was unlucky in the lottery this time.

Will try your suggestion and only rising the multiplier and vcore, and everything else on auto.
                                That is not true VID.

How to determine true VID is...

1. Load Optimized defaults.
                                2 save and apply.
                                3. reboot enter bios.
                                4. Look at middle column for vcore and see what it says.

Setting cpu multi to 40 and then checking will show you the VID for 40x cpu multi not default VID. I believe my default VID is 1.059v, my cpu can do 4.5ghz at 1.21v.

Vccin should be 0.400v higher then vcore but can be lower. Some people can run 2.0v or 2.1v vccin while running 1.3v vcore but my cpu does not like this. Anything over 1.8v vccin at 1.3 will cause instability for me.
                                Main Rig
                                Gigabyte z87x-OC
                                Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                                G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                                Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                                Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                                HiS ATI HD 6950
                                Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                                Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                                Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                                Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                                CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                                Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                                EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                                Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                                Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Working...
                                X