EP45-UD3P v1.6 Post beeping when shutting down or even restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-UD3P v1.6 Post beeping when shutting down or even restart

If the mbrd isnt fooked..the last resort procedure is like a last resort..if your getting into bios..your not at last resort..mho and Ive never tried it.
    bios of fa fb and ffb..,perhaps because its a P board there is no number before the letter. Mine had a letter like f9 f10 etc.. it might have been f10c but there was allways a number in there.?

I could never use an internal floppy,still cant cos I have the same case(its an unusual design).

Saved bios configurations..f11 to save and f12 to load.
    Mine used to get wiped when I changed /flashed bios .. you cant store yours..I wouldnt worry about that for now..see if you can get a complete flash done..on any of the bioses..since youve already tried some..
    With optimised defaults loaded and saved.. a usb stick with fat 32 and the bioses and flash sp1 in the root directory.
    Keep trying with ps2 keyboard and mouse nothing else unneccessary connected...
    Perhaps even load settings that will fail to post (without going crazy) and then let it try to post..when it fails,turn off the psu..hold down the power button on the pc for at least a minute to clear the capacitors. then try and post up and save the optimised defaults.
    Then maybe you will be able to reflash.
    Try even base defaults and save and hope there is an uncorrupted backup bios.

I dont think I ever had a bios flash that failed .. but I would try everything I could think of to make the main bios seem corrupted and hope I could force the backup bios to load correctly(whatever version it was.
    Like try flashing all the bios updates from the first.it could be that one of the earlier ones is what is on the backup/dual and one of the flashes will complete correctly so you can move on.

Youve already tried "last resort" so I dont know how that will affect things, but since you still have a gx display to try stuff Id try every option thats available now.

nb the bios saves to cmos dont wipe for me with a cmos clear but they do with a successfull reflash..
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Vinster had tried many different things to no prevail. He also mention to me that the 20 small fast beeps issue has resurface. He mention that the beeping re-occurs any time you do a BIOS setting change. He also wanted to add that he was able to save the CMOS settings to the HDD not issue but still can't safe the CMOS to the BIOS.
      Last edited by alamakluke; 02-01-2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Guys, I started a new thread as the problem has evolved a little and doesn't reflect the current thread title

-> http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post449723

Vin
        Main Rig
        OS = Win10-64Bit
        CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
        Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
        MB = Asus ROG C6H
        GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
        HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
        PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
        Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
        OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
        CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
        Mem = 24GB RAM
        MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
        GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
        HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
        Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
        PSU = Corsair TX750
        Case = Define R5

Comment

Working...
        X