Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a noisy H80 or H100 cooler on ther cpu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone got a noisy H80 or H100 cooler on ther cpu?

Yes,I thought it had an adjustable speed for the pump also,but I've tried all kinds of stuff to lower the speed, I was looking at a vid on the commander unit,and couldnt see anywhere where you could adjust the pump speed,there was fans,lights,temps,but no pump speed, my pumps fan monitor wire is on a pwm header,but its just a monitor,it won't adjust the speed with it,so I guess its either busted or they havent included the adjuster for pump speed,which would be the ultimate solution if it would work, I guess you could wire it up to your own controller but this diode fix is such an easy option,and you dont need to modify the pumps connectors. As for the ideal pump speed,I was just referenceing the H70 and h80 pump speeds, what I meant was if the pump speed was the same as h70 id imagine there wouldn't be any need for a fix, and the ideal all round speed for your pump would vary on every setup, like 2 rads instead of 1, cooling your gpu/gpus, 2 cpus instead of 1 etc.
    Last edited by boe323; 05-07-2012, 07:45 AM.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

I was told by Corsair the pump runs at a fixed speed. That is the pump rpm being monitored when you plug into a fan header from the unit with the attached single wire fan connector, so if you see that change much then I was given wrong info. I could hunt up what mine was running at but there's no way I know of to calculate flow rate. The fan headers on the pump are just to run fans, lights, etc and pushing the top of the pump cycles between the 3 settings changing fan speed ranges. BTW they say it's normal for the fans to max out momentarily while booting up, I think that's more of a BIOS thing as I can hear (barely) my Noctua pick up while booting.
      Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
      Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
      PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
      Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
      Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
      HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
      SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

How would you know the actual flow through the loop? Seems to me you would need a flowmeter placed inline. How much a pump produces still doesn't tell you what the actual flow rate of any loop is.
        PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
        Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30

Comment

Originally posted by boondocks View Post
          How would you know the actual flow through the loop? Seems to me you would need a flowmeter placed inline. How much a pump produces still doesn't tell you what the actual flow rate of any loop is.
          Yes that is correct. Martin's Liquid lab martinsliquidlab.org has done a lot of extensive testing with different blocks, pumps, and rads and has a spreed sheet that you can fill out to get a "idea" of what your flow rate is.

Skinny Labs is another site to check out he also has done a lot of testing Skinnee Labs | Taking the guess work out of PC Cooling
          Main Rig
          Gigabyte z87x-OC
          Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
          G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
          Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
          Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
          HiS ATI HD 6950
          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
          Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
          Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
          Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
          CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
          Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
          EK Supremacy Cpu Block
          Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
          Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Yeah, I've read some of their stuff. Quite extensive, could spend a long time reading. I believe you gave me the martinslabs link before, read quite a bit there. Sure does a lot of testing!

Comment

Wow, gigabyte just asked me in my email what trusted platform is(tpm) which is on the x79 series boards but doesnt show in the bios(for me anyway) it sounds to me like they forgot the header is on the board and havnt added it to the bios lol.From what i can gather, there should be an enable/disable option the tpm header,but is missing, along with other stuff, like system temp 1 and 3.3v and cmos batt. My cpu pakage temp is 32degrees, so i guess my temps are the same with the fix, when i thought it dropped 2 degrees it was just cooler outside i think, either way, the niose is gone and im still idling at good normal temps with a 4.1ghz turbo on auto voltage so it can get alot cooler i manually set the voltage. Guys using a g1 assassin 2, dont expect a good working bios anytime soon, as they say it f10 and f11b are fine with no problems.In the email i replied with ive asked for these options to be implemented and to make a bios for me, ive also asked for rank and channel interleave levels like you get on other manufacturers,whats to say that gigabyte hasnt set them to highest possible performance etc, it should also be our choice to set these levels, there usually 1to 6.Theres also the possibilty that we cant set them ourselves with quadchannel, thing is, gigabyte as far as i know have never had interleaving levels.
              Last edited by boe323; 05-08-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I've been running an H80 for the past few days and except for the known items that have already been mentioned (i.e., fan header is to monitor the pump rpm, etc.) my unit is working perfectly. The only noise I hear is the whir'ing of the fans. When I run stress test on cpu, the fans ramp up as designed. I was also considering connecting the fans to the cpu fan header with a y-splitter to be able to create my own profile as well as monitor the fan rpms but think I will stick with the stock config for now. One thing I did do was buy a magnetic filter cover for the case fan opening as I have the H80 fans blowing air into my case as suggested by corsair. Works great!

Comment

Im glad you managed to get a noise free unit,wish mine was the same, most of the complaints that i read where, that ppl had noisy pumps and rma'd, and got a noisy replacement so i never bothered with that, can you tell me the rpms of your pump?, and your temps if your using a 3820 cpu, i would be interested in knowing the difference in temps as mine is blowing out of the case because my board is a g1 assassin 2 and i dont trust the vrms with warm air blowin in to the case on heavy loads even though the exhaust fans would take it away.
                  Last edited by boe323; 05-08-2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

yeah, I'm running the i5-3570 (see my specs) and the pump rpm is ~2163. I have mine blowing in b/c i have an exhaust fan right above it. idle temps high 20's low 30's.

Comment

There good temps, whats the ambient?, my pump was that speed but it rattled loud like a hdd type of noise,its running at 1896/1957 now, my actual cpu temp is 16,package is 30 to 32 on idle with pwm fans running at 736rpms, outside now is 9 degrees centigrade, my case is 26 I think, soonas temp rises outside ill shoot up to around 35 on cpu package.so I'm still cool, Intel burn test will hit 62 @ 4.1ghz, I will oc the 3820 soon,4.1ghz turbo is enough for now,but when I do i will set my own fan curve as it bearly gets upto 1015rpms at 62degrees,so it could be cooler if the rpms where higher.

Comment

I really wish you modding bios guys could fix issues aswell as mod bios', gigabyte keep saying theres no problems with f11b concerning usb mouse and ps2 ports, and crucial ballistix tracer, they keep testing the wrong stuff, they havnt once tested what ive asked them to test, and they say the tpm only shows when a module is installed in the header, so why did mine show up without a module in it?, as for system temp 1 by the pci 1 slot,they wont say anything,theres no system temp 1, only 2 and 3 shows on the g1 assassin2, but temp 1 should also show. Either my board is totally screwed and im the only one with problems, or as i said, tgigabyte are not testeing what i asked them to test and fix. The motherboard in question to these issues is g1 assassin 2.

Comment

Can i get some info, first time seting up raid 0, it took me 3hours for the g1 assassin 2 accepted the driver,finally installed,but says can't install windows on the partiton,i clicked next anyway and it installed,but now I have a windows boot manager as my first boot device,basically i want to know if its normal for that to happen,second,can I still convert to dynamic or is it better as basic? Need answer soon, as I don't know whether to install my apps and games ,drivers etc.

Comment

Boe can you please update your profile to include your system spec or edit yoru sig and include them there.

As for raid, all you "should" have to do is set sata controller to raid. Enter the raid bios by press ctrl+I and create the array. check to make sure your new raid array is set up to be the first hdd in the hdd boot order.
                            Boot from win7 install disk and select the array and install. After windows is installed, install the IRST software and should be done. What ever you do, do not convert the array to dynamic, just leave it as basic.
                            Main Rig
                            Gigabyte z87x-OC
                            Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                            G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                            Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                            Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                            HiS ATI HD 6950
                            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                            Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                            Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                            Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                            CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                            Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                            EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                            Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                            Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Sry for not having spec, its g1 assassin 2, 2 1tb wd blacks in raid 0,1 wd green extra storage, 16gb ram, 580 gtx, 3820 cpu, I tried what you said, but just kept asking for driver,after 3 hours of crashing,blue screens from the driver stopping to install , do the same process over and over it in the end installed, but then got can't install on this partition but worked anyway, am i supposed to have a windows boot manager partition which shows up as that name ib my boot order in bios?, also the usb drive that the driver was on as made the raid array list as disk 1 in windows, am I ok to use it?

Comment

I just isntalled an H60 unit on my i5 3570k this weekend. When connected to my cpu fan header the pump is basically left wide open and my bios showed it running at 4200 rpm. It was EXTREMELY noisy. Like an old IDE hard drive chewing away at 1's and 0's. I could hear it over all the fans in my system and it was ANNOYING. I played with some of the other fan headers, but either they were too fast (similar to CPU fan header) or too slow, and temps would rise fast).

I ended up connecting H60 pump to my 600t case fan controller along with the two ans i have on push/pull (exhausting the case). I now have full control over the two fans, and the pump with a nice built in knob on the top of my corsair 600t. The pump is quite, and temps on the CPU are mid to high 20's....ambient 20C. And that is with the fan controller right in the middle. I am satisfied.

I will probably overclock, but not too much.
                                GA-Z77X-UD5h (F7)
                                i5-3570K - Corsair H60
                                EVGA Nvidia GTX670
                                Corsair Force 3 SSD 60gb / Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB / Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3
                                Corsair 600t Graphite / Corsair HX750

Comment

Working...
                                X