This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Thank you for your excellent work!!! I can confirm that the system was more responsive thanks to your mods.
    Now that the F3 BIOS version is out (GA-78LMT-S2P REV : 5.0) would you be so kind to repeat the ROM mods?
    Thanks again

Originally posted by johnslash View Post
    Well, i tried to modify my Gigabyte AMD board, I just could modify the AHCI and the LAN ROM, but, the RAID ROM I think the misc file is not valid and due this i couldn't modify it, I know that in this forum amd board is almost in " extinction " but i'll let here a link with my modded bios for this board.

Gigabyte = GA-78LMT-S2P REV : 5.0

Edit : I finally got successfully modify all the ROMs of this board including RAID ROM. So I wasn't able to test because I just have 1 HDD. Link Below.

78LTS2P5.F3a

PS : Don't Flash with QFlash, cuz it says Invalid Bios Image, use @BIOS.

That's it, thank you for all assists.

Comment

Originally posted by test3090 View Post
      Thank you for your excellent work!!! I can confirm that the system was more responsive thanks to your mods.
      Now that the F3 BIOS version is out (GA-78LMT-S2P REV : 5.0) would you be so kind to repeat the ROM mods?
      Thanks again
      78LTS2P5.zip

Updated AHCI and RAID. I wasn't able to update the Atheros ROM due to space restraints.

Comment

Thanks again
        Thank you for appreciate my job, So I already modified that version too, here it is.

78LTS2P5.F3

* Updated Atheros LAN ROM, AHCI Updated, RAID Version 3.2.1540.25.

Reminding Flash with QFlash, check the Clear DMI Pool Data box.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SolidBladez View Post
          78LTS2P5.zip

Updated AHCI and RAID. I wasn't able to update the Atheros ROM due to space restraints.
          Hey bro, excelent work, but have you tested your modified BIOS ?
          I downloaded and opened it up and I saw that you don't reorganized the PCI and all the others stuffs.
          Could it works even so ?

Thanks.

Comment

Hey bro, excelent work, but have you tested your modified BIOS ?
            I downloaded and opened it up and I saw that you don't reorganized the PCI and all the others stuffs.
            Could it works even so ?

Thanks.
            I thought it wasn't necessary based on this:
            If you compare it with the content of the original BIOS file, you may realize, that the PCI ROM module now is listed somewhere else than before (example: now line 24 instead of line 15). Usually this is nothing to worry about. Important will be, that the related new PCI ROM module is only listed once, has the same internal name (here: RAIDRST5.BIN) and the same internal letter (here: B) as before.
            But after doing it on my 970A-UD3 I noticed that it wouldn't boot correctly and the backup BIOS kept kicking in. So if you know how to reorganize it so it works, let me know. I'm new to modding Phoenix/Award BIOSes.

Comment

Reorganize is simple, you just have to release and renew everything till the (SP) box.

Comment

Usually pci rom order is not to much of a big deal. The order usually gets messed up from using wrong version of cbrom. Try modding it with a different version. If the mod is done correctly you should be able to flash with q-flash with no error.

You can try to /release the rom first and then doing the /pci to add it to the bios. But my guess is a different version of cbrom will help. But have done other mods where the pci order has changed and the bios has worked correctly.
                Main Rig
                Gigabyte z87x-OC
                Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                HiS ATI HD 6950
                Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Reorganize is simple, you just have to release and renew everything till the (SP) box.
                  Once again, thank you for your excellent work. It took 3 attempts to flash your new BIOS (the first 2 the BIOS restore
                  kicked in). The 3.2.1540.25 sees the RAID formation without delays (even the 3.2.1540.15 had issues). The only problems
                  are that: 1) There seems to be a 5%-10% performance degradation (according to DiskMark 3.0.1x64) - by the way I did not
                  test the original F3 to pin-point the origin of the problem and 2) There are random lockups (W7 x64) although CPU temps
                  stay < 50degC and VCore <=1.5V on a FX-8120.

Can it be this BIOS "re-organization" issue???

Once again, thanks very much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
                    Usually pci rom order is not to much of a big deal. The order usually gets messed up from using wrong version of cbrom. Try modding it with a different version. If the mod is done correctly you should be able to flash with q-flash with no error.

You can try to /release the rom first and then doing the /pci to add it to the bios. But my guess is a different version of cbrom will help. But have done other mods where the pci order has changed and the bios has worked correctly.
                    Nice reply, but with it doesn't worked, I tried version of CBROM, I just got it by release all the pci modules and other stuffs.

Comment

Once again, thank you for your excellent work. It took 3 attempts to flash your new BIOS (the first 2 the BIOS restore
                      kicked in). The 3.2.1540.25 sees the RAID formation without delays (even the 3.2.1540.15 had issues). The only problems
                      are that: 1) There seems to be a 5%-10% performance degradation (according to DiskMark 3.0.1x64) - by the way I did not
                      test the original F3 to pin-point the origin of the problem and 2) There are random lockups (W7 x64) although CPU temps
                      stay < 50degC and VCore <=1.5V on a FX-8120.

Can it be this BIOS "re-organization" issue???

Once again, thanks very much!!!
                      I'm sorry, but i don't know if this problem is due the organization, but which one you thought more effective ? Which version of RAID ROM ? 3.2.1450.15 ?

And one more thing, test the original version and compare, if it won't help you, I can modify it with the 3.2.1450.15 version of RAID ROM.
                      Last edited by johnslash; 10-24-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I would prefer 3.2.1450.25 - stability counts better than performance.

I'm sorry, but i don't know if this problem is due the organization, but which one you thought more effective ? Which version of RAID ROM ? 3.2.1450.15 ?

And one more thing, test the original version and compare, if it not help you, I can modify it with the 3.2.1450.15 version of RAID ROM.

Comment

I would prefer 3.2.1450.25 - stability counts better than performance.
                          Fine, so, test the original one and see if the perfomance decreases or increases
                          I couldn't test the RAID function yet, cuz I just got one Hard Drive, so my priority is AHCI, so, I can't tell ya if this ROM decrease or increases perfomance.
                          Thanks.
                          Last edited by johnslash; 10-24-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

The problem with bench-testing different BIOS versions is that for some reason, incomprehensible to me, OCing this MoBo
                            can only be applied incrementally up to the settings I have identified as "functional". Meaning, if I set these "functional"
                            settings after a BIOS update the whole thing crashes. I have concluded that the GA-78LMT-S2P Rev 5.0 is extremely
                            sensitive to "high voltages" and everything and anything past 1.5V (within W7) or 1.42V (in BIOS) VCore freezes it -
                            despite the extreme cooling.

Fine, so, test the original one and see if the perfomance decreases or increases
                            I couldn't test the RAID function yet, cuz I just got one Hard Drive, so my priority is AHCI, so, I can't tell ya if this ROM decrease or increases perfomance.
                            Thanks.

Comment

The problem with bench-testing different BIOS versions is that for some reason, incomprehensible to me, OCing this MoBo
                              can only be applied incrementally up to the settings I have identified as "functional". Meaning, if I set these "functional"
                              settings after a BIOS update the whole thing crashes. I have concluded that the GA-78LMT-S2P Rev 5.0 is extremely
                              sensitive to "high voltages" and everything and anything past 1.5V (within W7) or 1.42V (in BIOS) VCore freezes it -
                              despite the extreme cooling.
                              Yes, you're right, I think that motherboard is not good to high overlocking features, I tried to change my HT frequency, and others stuffs like an higher multiplier of my mem. and the Motherborad does not booted up, I can't change the TRFC timing settings as well. Maybe is bug or a limit of the chipset.

Comment

Yes, you're right, I think that motherboard is not good to high overlocking features, I tried to change my HT frequency, and others stuffs like an higher multiplier of my mem. and the Motherborad does not booted up, I can't change the TRFC timing settings as well. Maybe is bug or a limit of the chipset.

Just a quick note: with your version of F3a I had no crashes at 4.62GHz (FX-8120). With the new F3 I do not seem to be able
                                to sustain this speed. Your versions are much stable and responsive in any case.

Comment

Working...
                                X