Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

Also Newer bios's were just posted by Stasio. Maybe they might help with this issue.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

I have to wonder though, since yer a system builder, why your using a motherboard that is a year old? Why not SB-E? That is why you'll never see any help on this from them, just so you know........................
      MSI X-99SLI
      Intel 5930K WATER
      EVGA Nilla 1080
      POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Originally posted by jaggerwild View Post
        I have to wonder though, since yer a system builder, why your using a motherboard that is a year old? Why not SB-E? That is why you'll never see any help on this from them, just so you know........................
        Who was that comment directed to????

Just because the OP is a system builder does not mean he has to have the latest and greatest system. Yeah it might help out with his clients as it would show he is up to date with the current market.

Then to say he would not get any help from this form because of that.... That is entirely wrong. We will try our best to help anyone here with any Gigabyte product.

If that comment was directed at Me, I have know idea where your coming from. I have never claimed to be a system builder. Yes I have built my own with my own hard earned money.

Please refrain from making any comments like this again. We are here to help everyone.
        Main Rig
        Gigabyte z87x-OC
        G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
        HiS ATI HD 6950
        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
        EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

To the thread author,

As a system builder and as a person who supports them I feel your pain and do understand. As I write this I have a P67 from Gigabyte and occasionally run into the boot loop. That being said we are using consumer grade products, not enterprise grade. These are built for economies of scale and will have certain issues. The entitlement or SLA you can expect for a consumer grade product is low if any. If you are looking for "stability" you need to look at enterprise grade equipment. The caveat with this is that you will drive up the system price almost exponentially because you are paying for that reliability and a completely different timetable for the SLA.

In short, you cannot demand or expect enterprise grade stability and support for disposable, consumer grade hardware.

Beyond that haveyou tried any of JZelectronic's bioses. They are more stable and include the latest intel orom.

PM me if you need more information. Again, I am not trying to start a flame war or pissing match. I am just being pragmatic in my treatment of the hardware.

Comment

why your using a motherboard that is a year old?

Although not directed at me,,.. I am going to say I have a Ga EP45 UD3P rev1.1 over 4 years old. 3 months ago I had unbeleivable (in the best possible way) support with my product from the moderators and senior members in these forums,...

Just had to say that,...sorry all,.and now back to the thread at hand...
            GAEP45 UD3P rev1.1
            Intel E8400 @4.2Ghz
            Corsair Cl4 DDr2 800
            Ati 4890
            Bequite 670watt
            Westerndigital Black 500gb

Comment

Originally posted by Deafty View Post

Although not directed at me,,.. I am going to say I have a Ga EP45 UD3P rev1.1 over 4 years old. 3 months ago I had unbeleivable (in the best possible way) support with my product from the moderators and senior members in these forums,...

Just had to say that,...sorry all,.and now back to the thread at hand...
              @AceBMXER

My post was directed at the OP, trying to help. I meant support from gigabyte, as he was asking for a Gigabyte person to step up more or less. I get and give help here(check my posts)......................................Yeah on with the thread
              MSI X-99SLI
              Intel 5930K WATER
              EVGA Nilla 1080
              POWER!

Comment

I had a similar issue but with a MSI P67, turned off PLL overvoltage and the issue seems to be gone...............
                MSI X-99SLI
                Intel 5930K WATER
                EVGA Nilla 1080
                POWER!

Comment

Originally posted by jaggerwild View Post
                  @AceBMXER

My post was directed at the OP, trying to help. I meant support from gigabyte, as he was asking for a Gigabyte person to step up more or less. I get and give help here(check my posts)......................................Yeah on with the thread
                  This board is currently sold at a local Microcenter and is a currently selling product - to this very day. Also, and more importantly, it was the requested board from the customer, specifically chosen for this build, based upon positive industry reviews of said board.

I was not aware this board is no longer in its current product life cycle or supported by Gigabyte. In fact, the Gigabyte website is also unaware of this change.

Truth be told, the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 is a currently marketed product and holds a 3 year warranty according to the website and product documentation. If this product is somehow outdated, unsupported, or a mistake, brick and mortar stores should cease sales of said product.

However, I think we both know that is NOT the case, and that this product is still in the product support life cycle.

Were you someone who also builds and sells custom systems for clients, you'd know better than to build systems with freshly released boards due to the new and unknown nature of "new" boards. So I disagree with your statement - I FULLY expected support on some "official" level from the Gigabyte UK forums - thinking those were the official forums (despite the .uk), only to be told the "official" Gigabyte US Forum is here. I guess I hope that "official" support comes at these boards, should these truly be the Gigabyte US support forums. I haven't had very much luck getting support via email.

I appreciate the user support, as we all try and work through this issue, but my expectation is that the MANUFACTURER solves this problem, not the customer. If we solve it, great as it will be great to have the issue resolved. But in that case, shame on Gigabyte for allowing that to happen before they can support their own product line.

jaggerwild, I'm sorry that was so harsh, but your original reply was fairly insulting - implying that I chose an old product so I deserve no support. The 1.3 revision board isn't that old, from my understanding.
                  Last edited by Spurst; 01-25-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Once the Chinese New Year holiday is over I will see if I can get an official comment on this issue for you guys!

I know with so many users sending in RMA's due to the issues, they have to be working on it, but it may not be something they can correct as I see it affects other manufacturer boards as well, so it may be an Intel issue and something they can't easily address. I'm not sure what causes it fully, but I can say that sometimes it's various hardware incompatibilities, end users using incorrect settings (IE Failed overclocks, ect), reset button (Which should be corrected via BIOS updates across the line but doesn't seem to have been fully fixed), and then of course some would have to be due to the board itself I would imagine. I have a few P67's and a Z68 and I haven't seen the issue at all on any of those boards, except in failed overclocks where I knew it might be expected, since the BIOS updates addressing the reset button, so I know it can't always be the board itself or BIOSes causing this.

You are correct Spurst, this is an end user support forum, but we do have direct relations with Gigabyte US and Taiwan, so this would be the official US support forum as far as I know. As you know, the helpers here being end users can only help so much, so I'll see if I can get one of the Gigabyte reps to stop in and talk about this for you as I do know there is similar/same thread across a few forums on this exact issue.

* Email Sent *
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-26-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Did you tried to change the memory profile to XMP?
                      I had the same cold boot problem, and that resolved it.

Comment

ive read disabling cpu pll overvoltage helps with sleep and or reboot loops? dont know if youve tried that?
                        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                          ive read disabling cpu pll overvoltage helps with sleep and or reboot loops? dont know if youve tried that?

Comment

For sure, that will solve it for some users!! But, please keep in mind when suggesting that to others that it will also limit their overclock to whatever CPU multi they can use without CPU PLL Overvoltage enabled.

It's very important that everyone remembers that when you suggest this fix to users, otherwise if they are using a higher CPU multiplier than their CPU will do without CPU PLL Overvoltage then they'll be stuck in the same or similar boot loops due to setting too high of a CPU multi with CPU PLL Disabled. I think you all know what I mean, if anyone needs that said better let me know! :)

Comment

Just posting an update on this for anyone following via email updates

Stasio posted a bunch of new BIOS this week and last, they should solve these issues for you guys!

Comment

More bios updates for your guys with these boot issues.

- Update ME / CPU code

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...-bios-544.html
                                Main Rig
                                Gigabyte z87x-OC
                                HiS ATI HD 6950
                                CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                                Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                                EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Working...
                                X