Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video artifact issues with GA-Z68A-D3H-B3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video artifact issues with GA-Z68A-D3H-B3?

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
    what happens if you hook one up to igpu and one upto graphic card? just two monitors? could need one or two clicks on ich and ioh core voltage,that usually helps with xfire ect,might even need a touch more qpi/vtt voltage 1.10v-1.15v
    Just tried with two monitors (one on iGPU, one not). Still artifacts.

Are ICH and IOH core voltage called by any other names? I didn't see those listed in TouchBIOS as settings. I have a section called MCH/ICH, and underneath that, CPU PLL. I checked in EasyTune also and didn't see anything that said ICH/IOH.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      Is that after removing Virtu?
      I didn't remove Virtu, but when the computer started, Virtu said that it won't work unless there is an iGPU, and quit.

All 3 monitors showing the same desktop area, I mean just duplication the same desktop, or each shows a different part?
      Each monitor has its own desktop area; there are 3 side-by-side, so I can do different things in different windows.

EDIT: BTW I don't think that is a valid configuration to use with Virtu at all. You should only use either the iGPU or the descret card ports. But it still happen with only 2 ports or does the on-board port work even when the iGPU is disabled?
      When the iGPU was disabled, the on-board port didn't work. I'm not sure whether this is a valid Virtu configuration or not, but given that it happens when Virtu isn't running and the iGPU is disabled, I'm not sure we can pin this on Virtu.

Comment

Originally posted by hdm5501 View Post
        When the iGPU was disabled, the on-board port didn't work. I'm not sure whether this is a valid Virtu configuration or not, but given that it happens when Virtu isn't running and the iGPU is disabled, I'm not sure we can pin this on Virtu.
        I meant that having both iGPU and the card connected to monitor is not valid virtu configuration.
        Wether it's virtu or not it's easy to figure out, get rid of it. I am quite sure everything still go through it's drivers even if it's "not running"

Comment

I've just noticed the artifacts when just my single (HDMI) monitor is connected to the discrete GPU card. The artifacts don't happen as frequently as when I am in my three-monitor setup, but still happen.

Comment

I uninstalled Virtu completely (I had just disabled it before); still noticed the artifact issue (started an hour or so after reboot). I am upping the QPI/VTT voltage to 1.12 from 1.10, so will see how that goes.

Comment

Does it happen if you use the iGPU alone?
              What OS are you using? Are there any updates waiting to be installed, including non-OS software, like Outlook or Office?

Comment

I'm using Windows 7 x64. No updates need to be installed.

I have not tried using the iGPU alone yet. I guess that will be my next option.

The QPI/VTT increased to 1.12 didn't fix it. I have artifacts still after about one hour of it running.

Comment

try without intel speedstep or eist c1e and c3 c6 states enabled,just to see if its interference from the power saving states thats causing artifacts
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If you still get it with the iGPU by itself, try to remove the card drivers, maybe run driver sweeper.
                    Next I'd do a fresh install, avoid Virtu since you don't need it anyway if you are going to use 3 monitors.

Comment

I just pulled the discrete card and used the iGPU for a while...still happened.

I'm not super thrilled about doing a clean install; that will be my last resort :-).

I remember seeing some issue when all the RAM banks were filled in some thread, so I've pulled two of my dimms and I'll try that for a while.

Comment

Your video is not garbled it is copied over 3 different monitorsnot a simple thing to do even if you know how. It take at least 2 driver calls to make it happen, I don't think it comes from memory error.

You can pull all memory but one stick, then try another in another module in different slot & channel, and that will exclude memory from being the culprit.

Comment

Well, still have artifacts after pulling two sticks. Will put these two sticks back in, and pull the other two to see if that gets me anywhere.

Comment

Well that was fun. Put the other two sticks back in their memory bank, pulled the sticks that were in slots 1 and 3, started up. Got a blue screen "an attempt was made to write to read-only memory", culprit being WUDFPf.sys. Pushed the reset button, restarted but Windows wouldn't start (just sat there after MBR). Did a cold boot and it started without issue.

Very strange. I'm wondering if I just got a bad motherboard at this point.
                            Last edited by hdm5501; 01-04-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Well, still artifacts with the other bank and sticks in; so it doesn't seem to be an issue with my RAM (at least not an issue with a particular stick as opposed to all of them).

Someone mentioned ICH and IOH voltages...is that worth playing with? If so, any tips on what those settings might be called?

Comment

look in bios it should be iho core voltage and ich core voltage,try one or two clicks more on each than waht auto is set to,it might be your ram though,would be good to test with another brand if you could
                                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X