Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video artifact issues with GA-Z68A-D3H-B3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video artifact issues with GA-Z68A-D3H-B3?

Ah...forgot about that. In the interests of being scientific, I've up'd the Graphics DVID only...it is now at +.020. Will run like this for a bit and see how it goes.

Kind of weird that the problem seems to occur the longer the system has been running. It hasn't ever happened right after a reboot...but usually about 3-4 hours after reboot.

Comment

remember graphics dvid will only apply that voltage under 100% gpu stress,if its corrupting at idle graphic clocks then you would need to reset dvid to 0 and add a small amount in igpu voltage,but see how it goes first,well that would mean whatever is causing the artifacts is getting hot due to it being on for a long time,and with heat usually comes instability ect so a small bump in voltage might help it be more stable
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Is virtu still installed?
        Messing with random settings without finding the root for this issue not going to help. You need to isolate the component that is causing this issue. It may be the iGPU, virtu, compatibility issue or combination of them.

Comment

(back after vacation)

Well I disabled the integrated GPU, and the issue still occurs. Virtu won't load without more than one GPU, so I haven't bothered uninstalling it (though I had tried disabling it before).

Any thoughts on what I should try/tweak next?

Comment

did you increase dedicated memory for igpu? and tested with 1.10v qpi/vtt?
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

If the iGPU was disabled and it occurred, does that let us rule out the iGPU entirely?

QPI/vtt has been at 1.10v for a while now, since I discovered it fixes my issue with doing soft reboots.

For now, I found a setting under Memory Performance that had something like Turbo, Standard, and something like Aggressive. I can't find this under TouchBIOS, but it appeared in the regular BIOS (del on startup). Mine was set to Turbo, and there was a note that said setting to Standard could help stability in overclocked machines. I am not OCing, but I changed it to standard anyway just to see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by hdm5501 View Post
                If the iGPU was disabled and it occurred, does that let us rule out the iGPU entirely?
                Only if you use the iGPU without the card and see that it does not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                  Only if you use the iGPU without the card and see that it does not happen.
                  Not sure I understand.

This is my logic:

If the iGPU is the problem, disabling the iGPU will fix the problem.

Disabling the iGPU did not fix the problem, therefore the iGPU is not the problem.

Comment

OK what is the problem then?

Comment

Well, that setting memory setting to "Standard" instead of "Turbo" didn't fix the issue.

Any ideas on what's next? I was thinking maybe not using the discrete graphics, and just using the iGPU, to see if it is my discrete graphics card (although this card had no issues with my other motherboard).

This seems kind of annoying and painful to open the case and reconfigure monitors, so am open to any other suggestions before doing that.

Comment

This seems kind of annoying and painful to open the case and reconfigure monitors, so am open to any other suggestions before doing that.
                        Yes, remove Virtu completely.

Comment

ahh yes i forgot you tried that,i cant think what else you could try,other than be on the lookout for any intel graphic driver update or mb bios updates,makesure you have the latest direct x packages installed and the latest microsoft visual runtimes installed,which can be easily downloaded from google search
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Chike: The problem is the same problem I had at the beginning of this thread; weird artifacts.

One thing I noticed now...I've set up my monitor configuration so that I'm just using a single monitor, an ASUS LCD hooked up to the HDMI port...with just this monitor enabled, I see no video artifacts.

When I was in 3-monitor mode (two on the DV ports, one on the iGPU), the artifacts appeared on all three monitors.

Comment

what happens if you hook one up to igpu and one upto graphic card? just two monitors? could need one or two clicks on ich and ioh core voltage,that usually helps with xfire ect,might even need a touch more qpi/vtt voltage 1.10v-1.15v
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Chike: The problem is the same problem I had at the beginning of this thread; weird artifacts.
                                Is that after removing Virtu?

One thing I noticed now...I've set up my monitor configuration so that I'm just using a single monitor, an ASUS LCD hooked up to the HDMI port...with just this monitor enabled, I see no video artifacts.

When I was in 3-monitor mode (two on the DV ports, one on the iGPU), the artifacts appeared on all three monitors.
                                All 3 monitors showing the same desktop area, I mean just duplication the same desktop, or each shows a different part?

EDIT: BTW I don't think that is a valid configuration to use with Virtu at all. You should only use either the iGPU or the descret card ports. But it still happen with only 2 ports or does the on-board port work even when the iGPU is disabled?
                                Last edited by Chike; 01-03-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X