X58A-UD5 rev2.0 6GB memory-only 4GB avaiable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X58A-UD5 rev2.0 6GB memory-only 4GB avaiable

Hello i have similar problems, when i put OCZ Platinum Tripple Channel 3x2 GB Memory on Slots 1,3,5 it will detect only 4GB and show this:

Click to show Image!

But when i put in 3,5,6 it will show 6GB correctly and work:

Click to show Image!

I also tried to only put it in slot 1 and then the pc wont boot, also if i only try 1,5 or 1,3 it will show only 1 module as working and show that it is enabled on slot 2.

So i guess slot 1 is hardware broken (But i really hope it is a bios problem) :(

MOBO: GA-EX58-UD5 | F13J Bios (Tried older bioses same thing)
    Last edited by Divenow; 09-02-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

tri channel will only work in the WHITE slots,plz test each stick of ram one by one in the first white slot from cpu socket,it will boot into windows if its ok,then do the same for the other two slots make sure youve tested each stick,if it doesnt boot up from one slot with more than one stick of ram then you have either a bent cpu pin or a dead ram slot,if it boots up with two modules and wont with just one then the ram module is dead or faulty
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I already tested them on DD3_1 slot only, and then i turn on the pc and it does not load anything, all fans are spinning but it does not boot.. but the thing is when i put all 3 on 1,3,5 it does detect the module that is on DDR3_1 slot but as you can see on the pic it shows that only module 3,5 is in use and it shows that hey are on slot 2, 4 hmm... yes maybe i have bent pin... its not the ram modules since they work on the last 3 slots..

Btw does it matter if i have tripple channel or not.. would the memory run much faster if it was running in tripple channel.. thanks?

Comment

tripple channel will give you the best performance,if you had an extra stick then 8gb of dual channel would be as good,so no sticks of ram will boot into windows if installed in first white slot from cpu socket?? you could have faulty/dead ram slot
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

I don't have much time to test it all but I tried running Memtest after warm boot when Windows are working perfectly and there are zero errors after 5 passes.
            Then I did cold boot, Windows gave me BSOD, and then I ran Memtest again and there were tons of errors immediately.

I hope I will have time to test every stick independently in every white slot. I will try to RMA RAM and change it for Corasir Dominator. If that doesn't work, I'll RMA motherboard.
            So I spent 3000$ on this and now I just want to throw it out the window.

Comment

Sounds to me like you for sure have a bent pin or a few, since channel 1 always fails even with only one stick.

No need to RMA your memory, I highly doubt that is the issue.

If you are unsure about bent pins please carefully take a few images of the socket from different angles, using macro if your camera has it and a well light room (No flash), then post them here so we can have a look,

Comment

Yes it might be a bent pin or something but i don't want to touch anything more.. i am afraid i will broke something and then i will be without pc :( so ill leave it like it is for now.

Comment

I rechecked CPU socket pins and I really can't find any bent pins. But most important is that I checked RAM modules independently, every module in every white slot. One module is definitely defective because I got tons on errors in every slot. The other two did gave error or two in seldom cases.

So results aren't that simple. On module is definitely defective, and they all are incompatible? I don't have other idea.
                  I'm going to RMA them and change them for Corsair Dominator CMP6GX3M3A1600C8 6GB kit if it is possible.

Comment

Nvarga, sounds like you might have a faulty module then. Maybe bent pins still too, I'd have to see images to be sure, but it does sound like bad memory stick too.

Divenow, if you ever do remove your CPU and take some pictures I could tell you for sure.

Comment

Hi!
                      I uploaded new CPU socket pictures: ImageShack&#174; - nvarga's Profile Page

Comment

All pins look fine to me, some are still hard to see but none look obviously bent.

So you may just have one faulty module since the one you mentioned gives tons of errors compared to the other two, that is in the same slot you tested each correct? If so then ya it sounds like you have at least one bad module, the others may just error due to incorrect settings, but if that is the case which is likely, they all should error in a similar fashion which they are not.

Comment

I returned RAM and now I'm waiting for their response. I also told them to change G.Skill for Corsair if they could.

Comment

I have a similar issue with Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (rev.2.0 FB BIOS) + Corsair XMS3 7-8-7-20 1600Mhz DDR3 Triple Channel Rams.

I set up my system yesterday night, it recognize only 4GB on bios but..
                            Identifies 6GB triple channel installed on GPUZ and 6GB installed (4GB in use) in Win 7 system.

Similar to Divenow ,

DIMM 3_1 , 3_2, 3_5 shows up 6GB dual channel all fine

1 , 5, 6 6GB dual channel all fine,

2, 5, 6 --> slot 2 does show the RAM but then empty slot 4 enables for it --> 4GB

1, 3, 5 --> slot 3 does show but slot 4 enables --> 4GB

3, 5, 6 --> slot 3 does show but slot 4 enables --> 4GB

Several combinations of the Rams does not change anything, so i guess its not an individual RAM problem

Tried couple of BIOS'es , Checked for bend CPU pin but cannot see anything.

I dont think i did harm the mobo , installation was pretty neat.

tried several combinations of overclocking and overvoltaging of the rams but did not change anything.

im pretty frustrated by this issue of Gigabyte mobo. I think its not only UD5 problem, there are many who has other versions of GB X58 boards and almost all has the similar problems.

any help is welcome.

Comment

i had no problems with my ram or mb seeing full 6gb,makesure your updated to the latest bios first,i cant remember the slot numbers off hand so if it wont boot from any white ram slot with all three sticks of ram then you have a dead/faulty ram slot or some bent cpu socket pins,if it boots up from any white slot with two out of the three ram sticks then you have a dead/faulty ram module and need to rma the set of ram
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

After reading almost all posts about this issue. I decided to do a spatial set up and, look up those CPU socket pins again.

This time i dismount everything and put the mobo on the table. As i take off CPU , this time i saw bend pin by naked eye by the help of room light.

Previously , i did dismount cpu when everything were in the case and look via a magnifier and a torch. that time bend pin was not visible maybe due to strong light.

the pin bent was close to the bottom corner of the card (pci slots side), maybe the third or fourth row from the bottom and around the middle way between left and right corners. it was extremely slightly bent, and was connecting to side pin when pressed. so i aligned it a little bit (not %100) and issue is gone.

now im able to see 6 gb trichannel on bios and win 7 and stable under overclocking.

so i recommend those ppl who have this problem and have already checked cpu socket to do it again under more omni directional light and from all angles. coz that bent pin is not so obvious even with magnifier and can be spotted much more easily by naked eye like as it reflects light differently at some angles.

thanks for replies and
                                good luck for all

Comment

Working...
                                X