• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte's next flag ship board Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9

Originally posted by Judge-dredd View Post
    so if i was to use the 2nd PICE 1 slot white slot
    all the blue PCIE 16 will be running at 16 right
    No, I mean if you use the second PCIE x8 slot then the second PCIE x16 slot would be the only affected one running at x8 due to you also using the corresponding x8 slot. Sorry I wasn't sure which you meant when I answered so I just assumed x8 card that is why I replied as I did.

The PCIE x1 white slots do not have any affect on the PCIE x8 or x16 slots, they are separated from those slots and run through the ICH10R while the PCIe x8/x16 run through the X58 chipset. Grab the manual and look at the block diagram on page 8, I think it will help you understand better how the slots and switches work when using multiple cards.

LSDME
    i have been looking at the UD& a little hard today and ill have to say 24+2+2 power phase power does look nice has any one you know had any problems with the CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 memory kit
    it runs in my extreme board perfectly at 1600 with timming 8-8-8-24 commant rate 2
    votage 1.65

CPU any north bridge will be water cooled

only thing I im am just not sure about is how much better it will run the my X58 Extreme I no you have both so was hopeing you can tell me what you have found between the 2

thank in advance
    I know right!! It's so dam sexy!

I Stared at it for a long time, until I gave in

This also helped talk me into it
    EK-FB KIT GA X58 (UD7) - Nickel

I have not heard any issues with that memory, but I have not used it myself. Why 2T command rate, you should be able to use 1T no problem???

I find the UD7 to run much nicer and cooler, but I have only used a hexa-core in the UD7 and have not used it in my other X58 boards, so I can't really say the CPU it runs any cooler in this board particular but I suspect it does.

Voltages seems to be stable at lower values for sure, and I do believe the stock IOH Temps are lower as well. Not super sure though on that because I am running full board blocks and CPU all on water as well.

I can tell you if you have the EK Mosfet/NB kit the mosfet blocks I do know these wont fit on this board so you would need to either buy the new full set, or contact EK directly and see if they will sell you the Mosfet piece separately.

Not positive on this, but the NB/SB block may also not fit due to a few capacitors, you might want to call them and ask about that to be sure.

I do advise the whole set new EK FB GA X58 UD7 though, it looks awesome and cools very well!

If you meant using the stock NB water cooling then I dunno, never used it? I do know you will need 3/" tubing on it though.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-01-2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

More UD9 action
      GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 + Core i7-980X + 4 Way GIGABYTE HD5850 - XtremeSystems Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        Nope, no PCI on this board.

If you need PCI and are looking for one of the new X58 Gigabyte boards, UD7 is a great board

Yes, I decided to go for ud7 from extreme, but now I'm a little nervous about what OTHER improvements in this board :-) (other than nonstandard pci configuration).
        If I no will ever use even dual sli, ud9 can give me any point of intrest in any other feature ?

(the only thing I a little stressed about ud7 that it will go with my 12gb ram or not. Extreme do it well. (with a special config)

Regards,
        Pubem
        Intel Core7 920. D0 stepping
        Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58-extreme/X58A-UD7
        Chieftec Server case
        PSU: Corsair VX550 W
        Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler
        Scythe s-flex ventillation
        RAM: 12GB ocz platinum 1866 9-9-9-27 (running at below 1700 and 8-8-8)
        GPU:Zotac GTX275 AMP! edition
        HDD:4x1tb samsung spinpoint f1
        Mon: 2x Samsung syncmaster 214t PVA 4:3.

Comment

UD7 will work fine with 12GB of memory!

It has better power delivery which makes overclocking easier, and many other nice new features. Is there something you are unsure about?

Comment

Hi Lsdmeasap,

Thanx for reply. Comparing two boards on the compare page there is no signiffical difference between ud7 and ud9. I'm simply unsure about uncommon features of ud9 over nonstandard pci features. Any onther improvements against ud7 ?
            To be sure only... Because I have ordered ud7 and today it will arrive..:)

Just realized also that there is no PATA controller on ud7/ud9. It's bad news again, because I have 13 sata hard drive (4 working always and all others are data and backup store, so not connected all of them all the timesl together, but if yes, in this case SATA cd-rom will steal one sata from hard drives thats because I bought dvdwriter with pata connector. I will stick with it, not too big problem.

I'll report on new board, and hoping that I will be not sad why I not goes for ud9... :-)

Regards,
            Pubem
            Intel Core7 920. D0 stepping
            Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58-extreme/X58A-UD7
            Chieftec Server case
            PSU: Corsair VX550 W
            Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler
            Scythe s-flex ventillation
            RAM: 12GB ocz platinum 1866 9-9-9-27 (running at below 1700 and 8-8-8)
            GPU:Zotac GTX275 AMP! edition
            HDD:4x1tb samsung spinpoint f1
            Mon: 2x Samsung syncmaster 214t PVA 4:3.

Comment

I am not sure really, other than the PCIE layout and NF200 chips to enable that. If you do not need 4 way SLI/Xfire then you are fine just getting a UD7 for sure!

There is PATA Controller on UD7 for sure, I am looking at mine now and can see the IDE port.

Paper launch posted!

Official press release which went online yesterday along with motherboard specs on the website -- GIGABYTE Unlocks Monster Performance with Latest UD9 Motherboard -- -- Redefining the X58 Platform with 24 Phase Unlocked Power and 4-Way Graphics Support -- 2010/05/11 http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4613/x58aud9smaller.jpg

Comment

i am waiting i look for it everyday as soon as i se a UD9 on newegg are anywhere its buy time for me
                Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
                Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
                Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
                2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
                6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
                2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
                Ultra X4 1200 Watt
                Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
                Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
                Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
                Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

Let us know how you like it!

Are you planning to use all those PCIE slots? Just wonder why you choose this over UD7 is all

Comment

I have the EX58 extreme now as we talked last week as was ready to get the UD7 but then the GTX 480 were in stock at newegg so i got 2 of them sold my 2 GTX 295
                    now that the UD9 is ready for release i might as well get that one as i like to have the best there is when it come to motherboard
                    as for useing all 4 slot right now i say no just the 2 480 and my sound card
                    I guess your going to tell me they are same just 4 way SLI added
                    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
                    Ultra X4 1200 Watt

Comment

Ahh ok!

Na, they are different for sure. Let us know how you like the UD9, and how much you paid for it :)

Comment

i was look around the web tonight to see if it has hit any store
                        i found it in stock

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Motherboard | Techbuy Australia
                        has a large price tag for some of you
                        737.95 AUD = 653.971 USD
                        Ultra X4 1200 Watt

Comment

has a large price tag for some of you
                          737.95 AUD = 653.971 USD
                          Is that really $653 US Dollars??? WOWSER!!!
                          - My System Specs -
                          GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
                          Core i7-950 @ 3.8GHz Processor
                          Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler
                          6 gig Corsair Dominator - TR3X6G1600C8D
                          ATI Radeon HD6950 2Gig Video Card
                          Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro Souncard
                          Antec Signature SG-850 PS
                          Cooler Master HAF X
                          Win7 Ult x64

Comment

Wow, I doubt it will cost that much US $$ in the US, I bet $499

Comment

That's still a little too rich for my blood but I suppose it's better than $650. I wasn't planning on upgrading anyway as I just got my UD5.
                              - My System Specs -
                              GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
                              Core i7-950 @ 3.8GHz Processor
                              Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler
                              6 gig Corsair Dominator - TR3X6G1600C8D
                              ATI Radeon HD6950 2Gig Video Card
                              Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro Souncard
                              Antec Signature SG-850 PS
                              Cooler Master HAF X
                              Win7 Ult x64

Comment

Ya, no need to upgrade to this model, especially since you already have a new GA-X58A anyhow.

This is only a needed upgrade if you plan to have 4+ GFX cards, and plan to invest in a new large case too!

It's a very nice board, but really only ideal for extreme benchers and open air users.

Comment

Working...
                                X