GA-H57M-USB3 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-H57M-USB3 Issues

Well !! if i fall on situation like this, i replace all under warranty or rma procedure and then for the first start i setup manually the Bios (updated) with particular settings like Lsdmeasap propose.
    i suggest to be aware with the QPI settings till to moment of this new faiture from Intel will be accurate and familiate for all.
    a good idea it's to try your config with a memory kit that is sowed into the compatibility table of Gigabyte test official. then you will be sure that your motherboard and CPU are not in cause.
    good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by supermounter View Post
      Well !! if i fall on situation like this, i replace all under warranty or rma procedure and then for the first start i setup manually the Bios (updated) with particular settings like Lsdmeasap propose.
      i suggest to be aware with the QPI settings till to moment of this new faiture from Intel will be accurate and familiate for all.
      a good idea it's to try your config with a memory kit that is sowed into the compatibility table of Gigabyte test official. then you will be sure that your motherboard and CPU are not in cause.
      good luck.
      I think that will be my way to go but, I'm not sure if I'm going to get the same kit. I think it would be better to wait some time.

Comment

Well the whole point of using the latest BIOS is to resolve issues like this.

Please try it out before you decide something is not working, BIOS Change logs do not always list memory improvements or compatibility updates even if they have been added.

They may or may not be compatible, but you have to try the latest BIOS with your own manually set settings before you can be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Well the whole point of using the latest BIOS is to resolve issues like this.

Please try it out before you decide something is not working, BIOS Change logs do not always list memory improvements or compatibility updates even if they have been added.

They may or may not be compatible, but you have to try the latest BIOS with your own manually set settings before you can be sure.
          Ok, I'll give F6 a try.

Comment

K, please DO NOT USE @BIOS to update!

Use Qflash or DOS

Comment

K, please DO NOT USE @BIOS to update!

Use Qflash or DOS
              http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
              Ok, thanks for the advice.

Comment

Anytime, good luck with the flash

Comment

Anytime, good luck with the flash
                  I'll go and flash on thursday or friday because I'm working on a project right now and I cannot be playing around. I'll post my results as soon as I get them.
                  Last edited by iballz; 05-12-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

That's understandable for sure, good luck on your project!

Comment

Originally posted by iballz View Post
                      I'll go and flash on thursday or friday because I'm working on a project right now and I cannot be playing around. I'll post my results as soon as I get them.
                      BIOS successfully flashed to last version (F6). Tested for one day and everything is fine so far. I had to use the generic PSU because the problem with the AeroCool persisted. The AeroCool is working fine with the other configuration.
                      I've noticed that Gigabyte has launched a Rev 2.0 of this board. Can someone tell the differences between Rev 1.0 and Rev 2.0?

Comment

Nice to hear all went well with your flash!

Not sure of the differences on board revisions, it may just be ON/Off charge official support added as I see they have been adding this to a few models now as well as re-designed power phases.

Did you compare the revisions on Gigabyte's site to see if you could notice any differences?

Comment

Originally posted by djfuze View Post
                          hey guys i just purchased a GIGABYTE GA-H57M-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H57 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
                          im running windows 7 ultimate 64bit
                          i tryed installing 8 gigs of CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model
                          so now every time i try loading the operating system it goes to the welcome sign and randomly shuts down.
                          so what i did is take out the 1 pair and it boots up fine, no hang ups or nothing.
                          so i went and just for ****z and giggles (sorry if anyone got offended by that) inserted just another stick of memory making it 3 sticks total 6 gigs booted up fine and ran fine. looked at my computer properties and read 6 gigs. post read 6, and change and memory ok. Now 20 min. or so later it shut down on me again.

<dl class="prodDesc"><dd>
                          </dd><dd>
                          </dd></dl>
                          Almost same set and got the same issue.
                          What I did is set the memory to DDR1333 and it works good...
                          trying to find some better solutions as well

Comment

Are you setting your own Ram voltage and QPI/Vtt voltages?

Comment

Are you setting your own Ram voltage and QPI/Vtt voltages?
                              Yea after I change the voltage of Ram to 1.660 and PCH to 1.1, it works now. Thanks a lot for the solution. I think it will also works for that guy too coz we are using same ram

Comment

Installed Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit. F6 BIOS, loaded optimized defaults and only changed the memory timings (7-7-7-20 CR-1) and voltage (1.6 V). Leaved everything else auto. Memory multiplier manually set to 10 and bclk 133 MHz. Working fine since last thursday.
                                I was looking for differences between revision 1 and 2. Found that they added 2 transistors to revision 2. I will upload a picture later with the differences marked.
                                Last edited by iballz; 05-24-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X