ga-ep45-ud3p won't load xp with raid enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ga-ep45-ud3p won't load xp with raid enabled

The drivers installed or has the yellow mark on them?

Comment

All of the drivers installed and the drives are plugged into the yellow sata connectors.

Comment

Please show us what Matix Storage Manager says, if you have not installed this it may be why. Be sure you are using the latest Matrix and Chipset drivers (Second Link for both pages) >>

This is odd for sure, but I really have not had a OS on the Gigabyte ports and then a large array on the Intel ones, but I do not see why it would be a problem unless you do not have the matrix software installed. Sorry if I forgot to tell you this earlier but I do believe it could be the issue if you don't have it installed

Comment

I do have the matrix storage manager installed it shows all the drives and then I initialize them, this is what took 58 hrs. When it was done the manager showed a array with all the disk but when i go into the disk management it is not there. I have downloaded and confirmed I have the latest chipset drivers and the correct matrix manager. I am at a loss.

Comment

First of all XP home would not be supported in a RAID configuration only XP Pro.
            I've had XP Home running on a RAID0 array (two WD2000JS 200GB drives) without issue. All that was needed ofc was the correct RAID driver (NVidia RAID on an NForce 4) and away I went, after setting stripe size first. I believe you can't create a software RAID config via disk manager in Home, but there is no limitation for a hardware RAID, as after all, most of the work is transparent to XP, it just needs to communicate with the RAID conteoller, and the controller decides what data to write where etc.

This is a puzzling problem indeed. I know that when you install the Matrix Manager, the usual channel entries where you can see what drive is plugged into where, in Device Manager is replaced by a single entry, in my case "Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller". However all drives show up correctly in both My Computer and Disk Management.

I'm sure I read about a similar problem when researching AHCI/Intel Matrix Manager for optimizing my new SSD. I'll have a look through my browsing history and figure out where I read it and if it may help. I'll post back if I find something useful.

58 hours is a long time, but RAID5 does have heavy duty redundancy, so maybe that's why there's such a long wait, due to each drive having redundancy data for every other drive in the array.
            Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
            Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
            P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
            Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
            TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
            2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
            2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
            Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
            Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
            WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
            Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
            Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
            3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
            Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

What does the RAID ROM say about this array?

Comment

Working...
              X