I have a new build
    ga-ep45-ud3p
    intel core 2 duo e7400 wolfdale 2.8ghz
    evga GeForce 9800 gtx+
    lg blu-ray
    (7) Seagate 1TB sata drives
    corsair dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D 2Gig
    Windows xp

I want to set up six of the harddrives as a raid 5 array and one will contain the o.s. the problem is when I set the SATA RAID/AHCI Mode to RAID in the Bios at 34 min left in the xp install I get the BSOD ''IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL''. If I set to disabled i can install xp with no problems but it doesn't show my raid array. I did set up the raid in the Raid Bios. I used Nlite to install the driver.
    HELP!!!!!

Re: ga-ep45-ud3p won't load xp with raid enabled

What size partition are you tring to install XP onto. XP has a limitation of 2 tb. This could be your problem. Read this link for more information.

Also make sure you are using the latest driver. If you have these drives set up on the yellow intel controller only make sure you only use the intel driver and not the gigabyte drivers.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

The o.s. is installed on a 1TB drive plugged into the purple sata connector the yellow connectors have six 1TB drives I only added the "Motherboard_driver_sataraid_intel" driver in Nlite.

Comment

Ok your installing XP on to a 1tb drive on the gigabyte controller so you dont need any drivers for this drive unless your using ahci mode. The other drives that are in the raid, did you use XP installer to format the other drives? I would leave them unformatted untill you get XP installed. The only other thing I could think of other then a hard ware problem would be You need XP with SP2 or 3 slip streamed. If your XP SP1 or no SP then could be the problem.

You may also want to run memtest86+ for a couple passes to make sure your memory is ok. Memtest86+ can be found here
        Main Rig
        Gigabyte z87x-OC
        G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
        HiS ATI HD 6950
        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
        EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

The xp disk has sp3, and I ran memtest with no errors. I will try to setup without raid and then switch it over after xp install.

Comment

any luck?
            Main Rig
            Gigabyte z87x-OC
            HiS ATI HD 6950
            CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
            Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
            EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Still working on it, i don't have a ton of time today to work on it. Thanks for asking!

Comment

Windows xp

I want to set up six of the harddrives as a raid 5 array and one will contain the o.s. the problem is when I set the SATA RAID/AHCI Mode to RAID in the Bios at 34 min left in the xp install I get the BSOD ''IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL''. If I set to disabled i can install xp with no problems but it doesn't show my raid array. I did set up the raid in the Raid Bios. I used Nlite to install the driver.
                HELP!!!!!
                First of all XP home would not be supported in a RAID configuration only XP Pro. Dont get me wrong XP home will let you install but it does give a warning while setup is running. I can only direct you to this website R A D I F I E D | Nuclear Grade Technolust for possible help on Drive setup or the tweakguide.com website with a tweaking companion PDF DL.
                All the best for you max out
                BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

I have battled it all weekend with no luck I have tried to install xp pro and home with no luck at the same spot they both go to BSOD. It has to be something in the bios but I can't figure out what it is. When I disable the RAID and install the os I can see the drives in the hardware manager but not in the disk managment.

Comment

Can you please tell us where you have each drive connected, what # and color ports, and then tell us what BIOS settings you have for the following

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
                    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) .............
                    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple Ports)
                    Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
                    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ...........

What driver exactly did you slipstream? Are you creating an Array at all before you try to install? Are you trying to install your OS to the array or not? Sorry about all that, just wanted to be sure of everything before I advise you how to proceed

Comment

In the yellow ports I have the six drives for the Raid array and in the purple ports i have the drive that the os is on along with a cd/dvd drive. The setting in the Bios is as follows:
                      Sata Raid/AHCI Mode [RAID]
                      SATA Port0-3 Native Mode [Disabled]

Onboard SATA/IDE Device [Enabled]
                      Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode [IDE]

The driver I got from Gigabyte website sata raid 8.5.0.1032. I have tried to build the array before installing the os and also after with no luck if I build it before and RAID is selected in the "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode" it gives me the BSOD at 34 minutes.

Comment

Please remove the RAID drives and set the Intel BIOS settings (TOP) to IDE and install your OS with only the OS Drive and CD Drive connected to the purple ports.

You will need a clean SP1 or greater XP install disk, with no drivers slipstreamed. You slipstreamed the Intel drivers but you are not installing your OS to a Array on that controller so that is not going to work. It very well may work, but to make things easier on yourself you may want to use a normal disk instead so the install is not confused. It may actually be fine to use that disk, but just do not set the BIOS to RAID until you are done installing.

What you need to do basically is this.... Install to the Gigabyte controller in a NON RAID Environment, then install your Intel INF Drivers in the OS.

Then you will go into the BIOS and set RAID Enabled for the Intel ports, then build your array and go back to windows and install the Matrix storage manager, second link here >>
                        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-12-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I've gone thru it now I just have to wait 58hrs for it to initialize trying to keep a positive outlook but I have done this once and the array didn't show up.

Comment

58 hours! WOW, that is a lot, why so long? I have made RAID 1 with 3x250GB and it only took seconds to be ready, RAID 0 instantly

Comment

Well just got done initializing and still doesn't show up on disk management. I can see the drives and the controller under hardware but no where else. The array is Raid5.

Comment

Working...
                              X