Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with GA-EP45-UD3P (1.6) - FDa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Experience with GA-EP45-UD3P (1.6) - FDa?

well even though Im on the 1.1 board. I am using a Nvidia card and have no issues with S3 as long as my overclock is stable. I would strongly suggest trying the FDa bios. I think thats whats holding these 1.6 ver. boards back is the bios support.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Well, FDa BIOS is now installed and guess what - nothing changed. The system will not wake up from the "Sleep" S3 state when running at 3.8GHz. All else seems ok at the moment. So... so much for the beta BIOS it must be trying to fix something else. That leaves the ATI powered video card or just give up and run the darn thing at 3.4GHz and be satisfied until the FZ BIOS update is released.

Comment

With my board the wake from sleep problem begin at 3.5GHz, at that speed I managed to solve it by lowering CPU Reference, which defaults to 0.805v, to 0.762v with Vtt 1.2v.
        For 3.6Ghz I haven't managed to solve it yet.

Comment

Please let us look at your settings for 3.8, maybe you need to adjust some things, like I said you must be 100% stable using Memtest86+, Orthos/Prime95, ect.

In the mean time, test it at stock and I bet you find it resumes just fine

Comment

We are going full circle - please read thread #3. I gave you my BIOS settings and said it wakes up at ok when set to 3.4GHz?!

Comment

Ken429, I am sorry but I do not have time to re-read each post every night as I help MANY users at a time.

Post #3 does not apply anyway, you have since updated your BIOS. Even if you are using the same settings I would need to be made aware of that fact, which is why I asked.

Since you say it does resume fine at 3.4Ghz, but not 3.8 then it sounds to me like your 3.8 settings are not stable is all. Please post them for me again now and I will advise back.

Keep in mind a quad CPU at 3.8Ghz may not be fully stable at all, some can do 3.8-4Ghz and be stable and some cannot. Have you ran stability tests and found your settings to be stable? If so, what tests and for how long?

Comment

Again post #3 said I ran Prime95 for 17+ and 12+ hours at those settings. You got me, I have not re-run Prime95 with the new FDa BIOS even though all the settings shown in post #3 are the same.

Comment

Thanks for confirming the settings are the same, please test again with memtest86+ and prime95 blend

It very well could be your BIOS just wont be stable above a certain speed for resume, nothing can be done for that though if it is the case as Gigabyte does not official support overclocking. They do however overclock and test things, and it seems they may only to a point and consider that good. While your Quad may only be able to resume to a certain point, duals may resume much further and they may be what they tested with.

You might just have to settle for a lower overclock if you must use S3

Comment

I have spent a few minutes/hours trying to find where the "Sleep/Wakeup" FSB failure occurs. If anybody is interested it looks like the FDa BIOS did make a difference. I can put the system to sleep at a FSB of 440 or 8.5 X 440 = 3.74 GHz and the system wakes up OK. At a FSB of 441 the system will not wake up! Looks like someone picked a nice round number to support? Any further suggestions out there on what I can change to get to the magic FSB of 450 or I'm willing to put this to bed at 3.74GHz.

Comment

Ahh, nice to see you have made some progress! Sorry if I sounded upset or offensive with you, I was only trying to convince you of the things I mentioned.

Hmm, 440 or 450, pretty darn close! Might just be acceptable as that is not much difference really when it comes down to it.

If you want, Post me your 440 settings that work and I will see if I can post you back some things to adjust and test for 450 that may help.

Comment

Working...
                      X