Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heat challenge

Was it the Ruttles? "All You Need Is Cash"

It broke at the base of one of the barbs. Would love to do liquid right, but that takes $$$ and am now fresh out. The concept is still valid, just the execution sucks...so far. And I treated that unit more gently than my newborn daughter (29 yrs ago...ouch).

Comment

Ruttles, is that towards me? If so ya lost me

Wonder why the use such brittle tubes? I guess they have since corrected it as noted by psycho, did you get a older unit or was it one of the new ones?

Comment

Their excuse for the stiff tubing is that over time, normal piping one would use in water cooling can lead to coolant loss as it's ever so slightly porous. They therefore used a different material which will help retain more coolant over time, which is vital as it's a sealed unit.

In the Rev 2 unit they added a brace surrounding the barbs and ~1" of the pipe to absorb the force if you bent the pipes on install. However it doesn't go all the way around, it has a slot in it, so bending the pipe into this slot causes the same problem as before.

OldGeek, have you contacted them for an RMA yet? They'll be very helpful as they don't want any bad press like they had with the Rev 1 units. You could always get it replaced, then eBay the brand new one. You'd get close to the retail price for a sealed box item, I'm sure.

Edit: @Lsdmeasap, I believe when OldGeek refered to "All you need is cash" he was saying jokingly that he wished he had the funds for a custom water cooling setup.
        Last edited by Psycho101; 10-15-2009, 11:44 AM.
        Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
        Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
        P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
        Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
        TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
        2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
        2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
        Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
        Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
        WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
        Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
        Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
        3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
        Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Ahh, ya I guess I see what he means now!

Comment

Working...
          X