X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H : DES Turned Off upon Reboot

hahaha,
    yes yes yes.

The newest version of des and the trick of start/on/close/start/off/close did the trick.

thanks for keep posting !

Comment

Well very glad it helped!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear it also worked for you!

New BIOS should have been posted by now for this, not sure why it has not. I will check and see why it has not after the 27th

Comment

hmmm,
          Today I came home, my windows 7 had rebooted from a windows update and the message is back. Damn...
          Des was actually turned off, I tried to turn it on, but ik keeps getting turned off. Why can't I just remove the software and boot normally. This is becoming very frustrated.
          I'll keep trying a few combinations, but I'm afraid I'll have to go with you're bios update.

Comment

Hi all
            See that I am not only one with this problem.
            It is easy how to disable DES and fix "press any key..." after reboot.
            But it is impossible to enable it and get rid of "press any key..." messages after restart.
            Also Gigabyte ignores this problem with this motherboard.
            You can see my conversation with Gigabyte support. Maybe more people asking will have more power....
            this was ping-pong only without any solution...
            ===========================================
            Read in reverse order:
            Answer - 820919
            Answer : Dear Filip,

Thank you for your suggestion. Your valuable feedback is the motivation for us to improve and serve you better. This mail has been forward to relevant department, possible improvement will be made under a comprehensive evaluation.

Regards,
            GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
            Question - 820919
            Sent : 10/13/2009 02:58
            Question : Hello again
            When I am asking for help I always will try all possibilities so your last suggestion is useless but done (retest,retest,retest....)
            I tried it many times, many re-installations, restarts of PC or application only and always same behavior = it is not working as it should with mentioned motherboard / DES sw version.
            I can live with that after every restart it is needed to re-enable this feature manually but I CAN'T LIVE WITH "Info Message" after POST which will stop OS booting and prevent remotely restart PC because there is no time after which it will automatically skip this annoying message.
            My only hope is that Gigabyte will fix it in BIOS/Software and not with useless "manual" how to fix something which can't be fixed in this way...
            Hope I am wrong
            BR
            F.
            Answer - 808451

Thank you again for your kindly mail. We suggest you can open the DES utility, re-enable the DES feature then check again.

Regards,
            GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
            Question - 808451
            Sent : 9/13/2009 22:08
            Question : Hello
            Finnaly I was at home so I tested suggestions.
            Sorry but your advice doesn't work:-(
            Did everything exactly as advised and no change as you can see on attached picture.
            I used latest Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced version B9.0730.1 and after restart DES is disabled in Windows after boot up and system is also stopped after POST due to annoying "press any key to continue" which prevents to start system without user intervention(remote restart).
            Please could you help somehow? It seems to me that you see problem is between chair and monitor but nobody really tested it in Gigabyte because definitely it is not working on Windows XP SP3.
            I am technically well oriented and same when talking about Windows OS so please test it yourselves and fix it in BIOS or software. I don't think it is problem on user side or faulty hardware. I tested it on 2 same motherboards with same result.
            Many thanks
            BR
            Filip
            Answer - 790317

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, please follow the steps below taking off the on-board battery to leak voltage to clear CMOS then try again later.

1) Turn off power.
            2) Remove the power cord from MB.
            3) Take out the battery gently and put it aside for about 10 minutes or longer. (Or you can use a metal object to connect the two pins in the battery holder to make them short-circuited.)
            4) Re-insert the battery to the battery holder.
            5) Connect power cord to MB again and turn on power.
            6) Press DEL to enter BIOS and load fail-safe defaults setting.
            7) Save changes and reboot the system.

At last, if you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
            GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
            Question - 790317
            Sent : 7/31/2009 01:25
            Question : Hello.No it is not true.
            It happens always. I tried system shutdown manually or restart the system only and always it forgot settings in Windows(DES is disabled) and also ANNOYING "Press any key to continue" after POST so system will not boot automatically.
            What I described is happening not after BSOD or system shutdown but correct RESTART is enough to replicate it = system will stop after POST and waits for ANY KEY and after OS boot, DES is disabled. About THROTTLING settings not saved. Now I tested it and I was wrong, it is working OK when application is restarted. But when RESTART or SHUTDOWN is performed, DES is after that disabled with THROTLING and also mentioned annoying HANG after post.
            Please could you fix at least HANG state after POST that system is waiting for ANY KEY and without HUMAN intervention OS is not booted automatically?
            Many thanks
            BR
            Filip
            Answer - 789391

Thank you for your kindly mail and enquiry. The problem you mentioned will happend if the system does not shutdown properly during last time, we suggest you can make sure the OS is turned off properly everytime and check again.

If you have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
            GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
            Question - 789391
            Sent : 7/28/2009 23:29
            Question : Hello
            I have problems with Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced feature of this motherboard and provided software. I use latest version B9.0316.1.
            I enabled this feature and also enabled THROTTLING and exited application. When started application again, DES was enabled but THROTTLING disabled so it seems application don't save it and disable it again.
            Another problem is that after PC restart and starting application after boot, DES is disabled so restart will disable DES again.
            And now most annoying problem. After POST when restart is in progress there is ANNOYING info that DES is disabled(why?) and it is needed to PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE!!!! to boot again to Windows. Why there is no defined time when it will be automatically skipped? In this case there is no possibility to restart computer remotely or boot Windows automatically after BSOD. Always computer "hangs" after reboot or system shutdown.
            Please it is possible to fix it so:
            - system will not "hang" after POST
            - DES will be ON after enabling it via software and PC restarted
            - THROTTLING status will be remebered
            Many thanks for answer
            Best regards
            Filip

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Model Name : GA-E7AUM-DS2H(rev. 1.0)
            --------------------------
            M/B Rev : 1.0
            BIOS Ver : F3A
            Serial No. :
            Purchase Dealer :
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            VGA Brand : GIGABYTE Model : integrated
            CPU Brand : Intel Model : Q9400 Speed : 2660
            Operation System : Win XP SP : 3
            Memory Brand : Type : DDRII
            Memory Size : 4 Speed : 800
            Power Supply : 450 W
            Gigabyte Support
            Last edited by temp0; 11-15-2009, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Temp0,

indeed, very frustrating, I tried every combination from resetting, updating, clearing bios to install, uninstall, re-install DES. Tried every combination. I've already succeeded one time removing the message, but next reboot, it was back.

Concerning your "support", I think our best option is this forum.

Lsdmeasap,

Any news on that new bios update ?

Cheers

Comment

What is the latest update on this ?

I'm still having the problem. Is there a bios update you recommend ?
                I hope this is not a lost cause ?

Comment

Hi, the problem persists. I use GA-E7AUM-DS2H bios fw F4, Windows 7 32. By accident I installed this infamous DES, now im stuck with BSOED and/or needed key stroke for loading windows. What has happened since last post? The bios update sure didnt solve this both annoying and fatal error.

Comment

Hi,

I totally understand. This is unexceptable bad support. I'm still having this issue, never been able to get rid of it.

Things i tried

- bios upgrade
                    - re-install os
                    - clear bios (removing battery)
                    - installing all versions of des (+ uinstalling, in combination with rebooting)

I was able to get rid of it once, but next reboot, it was back.

First there was support with this forum, but they abandonned us after a while.
                    Shame huh...

Comment

BIOS F4 should have corrected this, as they were doing final tests with F4e/F4 it before publishing it last I checked on this!

No one is abandoning you guys at all! I am sorry if I personally missed the thread over time as replies were added, there are times when I am not online for a week or so, and in those periods I may miss a few posts now and again.

I am sorry this issue is still ongoing, and that the F4 BIOS did not help as it should have!

I'll send in a report and see if this can be looked into again, I'll keep you guys posted

Comment

Originally posted by vcmirko View Post
                        Hi,

I totally understand. This is unexceptable bad support. I'm still having this issue, never been able to get rid of it.

Things i tried

- bios upgrade
                        - re-install os
                        - clear bios (removing battery)
                        - installing all versions of des (+ uinstalling, in combination with rebooting)

I was able to get rid of it once, but next reboot, it was back.

First there was support with this forum, but they abandonned us after a while.
                        Shame huh...
                        I found this thread by Google and "cached" So the thread isnt really searchable.

However I mailed Gigabyte support:
                        A: You need to install the Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced edition (DESA) version B10.0309.1, from this link:

Motherboard - GIGABYTE

So I Went into bios under advanced... disabled C1E and EIST. Computer started up with needed keystroke for not halting BSOD etc. Then installed the latest DES as descibed above. Rebooted and in bios enabled C1E and EIST. Voila a Normal start procedure :)

NOW I Unistalled DES!

The F4 fw still is incomplete. I Used the CD version of DES at first(BUT installed on Windows 7, my mistake).

Suggestion: new bios fw that better handles the DES. Set a warning on Mobo;s page about the DES version on CD and w7 incompability...

Regards/ TJ

Comment

We updated the forums, so some older URL formats no longer work and that is why you had to use the cache. Google's bot will catch up soon I'm sure.

OS version or type shouldn't matter, don't you guys see this message with or without a disk installed?

I'm awaiting a reply on this, I'll let you know once I hear back again.

Comment

OK guys! I have heard back from them and they have been having a hard time trying to replicate this issue.

That is why it's been taking so long, not that they have forgotten or abandoned anyone, just haven't been able to replicate this so they can try to correct it.

Can all of you guys send me your exact hardware specifications, DES Versions installed, and any other information you feel is pertinent so that I may pass it along and they can try to setup similar instances to replicate the issues.

You can PM me or post the info here.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X