Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools

HWiNFO32 v3.72-1209 Beta

Intel INF Driver 9.2.3.1010 Alfa

SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2011.SP1x (2011.5.17.47)

This update includes a number of minor improvements and bugfixes.
    Last edited by stasio; 04-10-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Re: Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools

Originally posted by FL00D View Post
      Hello,

I was wondering if running LinX (or any other CPU stability test for that matter) for days could harm the CPU?

@ 1.35V (=1.3332V AIDA), 4.5GHz, LLC enabled.

Thank you.

Not at proper voltage and temperature limits, and I mean official Intel limits that are NOT absolute max. None of this "oh this voltage is safe IF bla bla". The real info we KNOW is correct. That generally means LLC off as well but some think otherwise about LLC... (and go nuts when you tell them to turn it off to follow spec..)

Comment

Updated with:

CPU-Z 1.57.1

-fix bug for Gigabyte B3 boards.
        -added "Dual Channels" notification.

AIDA64 Extreme Edition v1.60.1355 Beta-Sensor Panel

In this beta we've implemented the following new features:

- mass actions: modify, delete, copy-paste (select items with Ctrl-LeftClick on the SensorPanel)
        - SensorPanel Manager / mass actions: move, reorder, modify, delete, hide/unhide, duplicate

When performing mass modification, the SensorPanel item properties to be altered are marked with a red stripe.

Note: In this beta we've changed the SensorPanel configuration tags. It will effectively break compatibility with previous SensorPanel beta releases, so you'll have to re-configure all items.

Realtek RTL8111/8168 Lan Driver-7.042.0304.2011 (Win7 32/64)
        Last edited by stasio; 04-12-2011, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Reads Vcore properly on UD7-B3 now.:)

Comment

nVidia GeForce Driver v268.03

Code:
            http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/268.03/268.03-desktop-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe
            http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/268.03/268.03-desktop-winxp-64bit-international-whql.exe
            http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/268.03/268.03-desktop-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql.exe
            http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/268.03/268.03-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe
            DriverVer = 04/01/2011, 8.17.12.6803
            This driver adds support for the new GeForce GT 520 GPU.

Other

Installs HD Audio driver version 1.2.22.1
            Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514

http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/268....lease_Notes.pdf

OCCT 4.0.0 Beta 5

Graphs are now in a separate window
            The graph window is resizeable. if it is in float mode, it is maximizable also.
            You will now be asked to include comments in your bug report if you find an error
            Linpack doesn't crash in automatic mode
            Linpack libraries updated

HWiNFO32 v3.72-1211 Beta

-fix incorrect CPU report
            Last edited by stasio; 04-14-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

AMD Catalyst Application Profile 11.3 #3

Red Faction 4 – Improves CrossFire performance
              Need For Speed Shift 2 – Disables CrossFire and resolves image quality issues
              Crysis 2 – Improves CrossFire performance and resolves flickering issues

Updated with:

Dynamic Energy Saver™ 2 B11.0325.1

EasyTune6 (Intel) B11.0323.1

System Information Viewer SIV 4.19

Changed the packaging such that siv.zip includes SIV64X.exe and SIV32X.exe instead of SIV.exe. It now contains all the files needed for most systems. Added siv32l.zip which is a 32-bit SIV ASCII add-on that is needed for the legacy Windows 2000, NT4 and 9X systems. Removed siv32x.zip and siv64x.zip.
              Added Power Usage reporting of the Intel Core i3/i5/i7 (Sandy Bridge) processor package.
              Added the [Latest Releases] panel which can be used to check the latest Current and Beta releases of SIV. It will usually also display the latest changes in the Beta release. Added the ability to check for new SIV releases at regular intervals. The default is once per week.
              Added display of the Internet Access state, explicit HTTP Proxy support and also added the -proxy=<address>:<port> command qualifier.
              Enhanced the [My IP Address] panel to operate asynchronously, updated to use http://api.ipinfodb.com/v3 and added the facility to use an alternate key for the server lookups.
              Enhanced the CPU Utilisation updating such that when SIV is waiting for the SMBus lock the CPU information continues to be updated and an informational message displayed that Sensor updates are stalled. This will not happen unless another program is holding the SMBus lock for an excessive time.
              Enhanced the sensor Tool Tips to show the Description, Current, Average, Minimum and Maximum values. Changed the memory/page file tool tips to display the size and the cache tool tips to be multi-line.
              Improved the integration with ASUS ATK and Intel QST sensors. Added support for the Supermicro X7DCA. Resolved an issue on the ASUS M3N-HT motherboard.
              -Resolved issue with SIV64X.exe V4.18 on AMD systems that was caused by a C compiler bug!
              Last edited by stasio; 04-14-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Re: Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, &amp; Stability Tools

HWiNFO32 v3.72-1216 Beta
                Last edited by stasio; 04-15-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Re: Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, &amp; Stability Tools

Updated with:

AIDA64 Extreme Edition v1.60.1358 Beta

GPU sensor information for Volterra VT1556 voltage regulator chip
                  improved GPU I2C support for ATI Radeon HD 4xxx
                  motherboard specific sensor info for Asus Rampage III Black Edition
                  motherboard specific sensor info for Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3
                  motherboard specific sensor info for Gigabyte P61, P67X, PA65 Series
                  fixed: GPU clock measurement for nVIDIA C77, C78, C79, C7A

Intel Rapid Storage Technology 10.5.0.1015

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 9.2.2.1029

Realtek RTL8111/8168 Lan Driver-7.043.0321.2011 (Win7 32/64)
                  Last edited by stasio; 04-16-2011, 05:52 AM.

Comment

I noticed there is an updated/new Intel Rapid Storage Technology Option ROM posted, but am unsure of what it does and if it is beneficial to me to use it. Thanks!
                    Intel Core i7 3770K
                    Corsair H100
                    Asus Sabertooth Z77
                    2x4GB G.Skill Trident X
                    SLi EVGA GTX 760 2GB
                    Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w

Comment

Originally posted by dark2099 View Post
                      I noticed there is an updated/new Intel Rapid Storage Technology Option ROM posted, but am unsure of what it does and if it is beneficial to me to use it. Thanks!
                      It is the bios for intel raid. Its part of the motherboards bios. Its only for people who know how to modify a bios.
                      Main Rig
                      Gigabyte z87x-OC
                      Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                      G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                      Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                      Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                      HiS ATI HD 6950
                      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                      Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                      Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                      Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                      Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                      EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                      Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                      Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Updated with:

HWiNFO32 v3.73-1220

Added possibility to change font size for LG LCD output.
                        Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS Sabertooth P67.
                        Added AMD Llano family branding.
                        Enhanced support of Panther Point chipset.
                        Added support of ITE IT8771 LPC/hardware monitor.
                        Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS E35M1-M and E35M1-I.
                        Updated reporting of current memory clock on Arrandale/Clarkdale and Sandy Bridge.
                        Added AMD RADEON HD 6790.
                        Added support of AMD future GPUs: TAHITI, NEW ZEALAND, THAMES, LOMBOK.
                        Layout/font change.
                        Added reporting of GPU Clocks in Sensors.
                        Fixed sensor logging CSV format.
                        Fixed Apple SMC sensor values.
                        Added monitoring support of uPI UP6218 and UP6266 VRs on GPU.
                        Added monitoring support of CHiL CHL8214 on GPU.
                        Fixed reporting of current GPU PCIe config on some machines.
                        Added monitoring support of Volterra VT1556 on GPU.
                        Added nVidia GeForce GT 520 (GF119).

nVidia GeForce Driver v270.61 WHQL

This is the first WHQL-certified release from the Release 270 family of drivers (versions 270.xx to 274.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on http://uk.geforce.com/drivers/results/29657

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver.

New in Release 270.61

GPU Support

Adds support for the newly released GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 560 Ti and GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPUs.
                        Last edited by stasio; 04-18-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
                          i7 3770
                          2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
                          Integrated graphics
                          Seasonic Platinum 760W
                          be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
                          Fractal Define XL R2 case
                          Win 8.1 64 Pro

Comment

I think guys you can help me about overclocking :)

Phenom II X4 965 BE
                            Team Elite 4gb single stick ddr3 1333
                            Asus M4A88TD-M
                            Seagate 1Tb 7200.12rpm 6gb/s
                            Seagate 320gb 7200.11rpm 3gb/s
                            Lite-on all Rw Lightscribe
                            Ac3 alienware casing
                            Powerline 650watts modular
                            Powercolor AMD 5770
                            Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by alternety View Post
                              I am unsure of what I should be trying to update. I am about to install the Win 7 64 Pro SP1. I want to bring up all the relevant drivers to current before I do that. I have a P55A-UD7, initial motherboard version. I would appreciate someone helping put my mind at ease before I go ahead.

I have gone through the items at the beginning of this thread and believe I should install the following items. For some I have questions noted before the item.
                              The latest BIOS is F8 (final). So you might want to consider that.

You have some of the drivers listed correct such as the Realtek Lan, Realtek High-Definition Audio, and other bits.

However, you don't need Realtek AC'97, Microsoft UAA, or the NEC Firmware for USB 3.0. Unless you're using a SSD or having a few drives in RAID, the Intel RST isn't needed. If you don't have anything connected to the third-party SATA ports (JMicron or Marvell), you can disable that in the BIOS. That way you won't need any drivers to begin with.

Comment

Thanks.

I should have been more explicit in what I am using. I am using Ethernet, AHCI enabled on all SATA and eSATA ports (pretty much all the ports are used), and USB 3 devices. I tried to use RAID on the Intel controllers on the initial install, but I stopped trying that after that system failed. I don't think RAID was the issue, but it was an added complication while I was trying to recover. I would like to be able to use RAID at a later date. The Gigabyte site shows the latest BIOS as F8b (a beta). Since I have had F8a (also I believe a beta) installed for some time, are there known problems with it that would make it desirable to go back to F8?

I have had some odd problems with drives so I wanted to get all of the drive related stuff as stable/current as I could. I seem to have inadvertently left the Intel INF install off my list. I believe that is necessary. Can I assume that all the Intel stuff I listed + Inf and without RST are required? Looking at the Intel site they seem to have changed package names several times and I was a bit confused as to the actual things that are needed.

You note that the NEC firmware is not needed. Is this because it can not be updated on the motherboard? I am using USB 3.
                                Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
                                i7 3770
                                2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
                                Integrated graphics
                                Seasonic Platinum 760W
                                be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
                                Fractal Define XL R2 case
                                Win 8.1 64 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X