Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools

Updated with:

AIDA64 Extreme Edition v1.60.1339 Beta

Intel Processor Number detection for Mobile Celeron 925
    detection of RDC M2012 video chip
    MCHBAR enabling on Dell OptiPlex 780
    sensor support for ITE IT8771F sensor chip
    motherboard specific sensor info for Asus E35M1-I Deluxe
    motherboard specific sensor info for Asus E35M1-M Series
    motherboard specific sensor info for Asus Sabertooth P67
    motherboard specific sensor info for Gigabyte H61M Series
    improved motherboard specific sensor info for ASRock boards
    fixed: Preferences / HW Monitoring / Alerting / settings saving
    fixed: GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 (GF110)
    fixed: motherboard specific sensor info for EVGA W555
    fixed: motherboard specific sensor info for Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
    fixed: motherboard specific sensor info for MSI MS-7350

Comment

• Re: Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools

Updated with:

AMD Catalyst

HWiNFO32 v3.72-1200 Beta

Added possibility to change font size for LG LCD output.
      Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS Sabertooth P67.
      Added AMD Llano family branding.
      Enhanced support of Panther Point chipset.
      Added support of ITE IT8771 LPC/hardware monitor.
      Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS E35M1-M and E35M1-I.
      Updated reporting of current memory clock on Arrandale/Clarkdale and Sandy Bridge.
      Added AMD RADEON HD 6790.
      Added support of AMD future GPUs: TAHITI, NEW ZEALAND, THAMES, LOMBOK.

Fraps 3.4.0

- Added configurable buffer size for loop recording mode
      - Increased video capture performance at high resolutions
      - Fixed slow recording of Minecraft at default window size
      - Fixed benchmark crashing when configured to stop automatically after 1 second

nVidia GeForce 270.51 Beta

Code:
      http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/270.51/270.51_desktop_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe
      http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/270.51/270.51_desktop_winxp_64bit_english_beta.exe
      http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/270.51/270.51_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_beta.exe
      http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/270.51/270.51_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta.exe
      Last edited by stasio; 03-30-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Updated with:

OCCT 4.0.0 Beta 4

GPU Caps Viewer 1.11.1

-support of NVIDIA GeForce GT 500M series

AMD Catalyst Application Profile 11.3 #1 for Crysis 2

HWiNFO32 v3.72-1204 Beta
        Last edited by stasio; 04-01-2011, 05:43 AM.

Comment

SpeedFan 4.44 Beta2

Updated with:

Prime95v.26.6 build 2-x86 only

Memtest86 4.0

Support for testing with multiple CPUs. All tests except for #11 (Bit Fade) have been multi-threaded. A maximum of 16 CPUs will be used for testing.
          CPU detection has been completely re-written to use the brand ID string rather than the cumbersome, difficult to maintain and often out of date CPUID family information. All new processors will now be correctly identified without requiring code support.
          All code related to controller identification, PCI and DMI has been removed. This may be a controversial decision and was not made lightly. The following are justifications for the decision:
          1. Controller identification has nothing to do with actual testing of memory, the core purpose of Memtest86.
          2. This code needed to be updated with every new chipset. With the ever growing number of chipsets it is not possible to keep up with the changes. The result is that new chipsets were more often than not reported in-correctly. In the authors opinion incorrect information is worse than no information.
          3. Probing for chipset information carries the risk of making the program crash.
          4. The amount of code involved with controller identification was quite large, making support more difficult.
          Removing this code also had the unfortunate effect of removing reporting of correctable ECC errors. The code to support ECC was hopelessly intertwined the controller identification code. A fresh, streamlined implementation of ECC reporting is planned for a future release.
          A surprising number of conditions existed that potentially cause problems when testing more than 4 GB of memory. Most if not all of these conditions have been identified and corrected.
          A number of cases were corrected where not all of memory was being tested. For most tests the last word of each test block was not tested. In addition an error in the paging code was fixed that omitted from testing the last 256 bytes of each block above 2 GB.
          The information display has been simplified and a number of details that were not relevant to testing were removed.
          Memory speed measurement has been parallelized for more accurate reporting for multi channel memory controllers.
          This is a major re-write of the Memtest86 with a large number of minor bug-fixes and substantial cleanup and re-organization of the code.

HWM BlackBox 2.2Beta
          Last edited by stasio; 04-15-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Newer LinX Linpack, 10.3.3.006.

Download

Thanks stasio.

Comment

Updated with:

HWM BlackBox 2.2

- Intel Core i3/i5/i7 "2000" series (Sandy Bridge) processors support.
              - P67/H67 support development
              - report on Intel's Sandy Bridge processors, the GPU frequency of the GPU frequency imaging
              - Report TDP imaging improvements
              - Support for Intel QST 2.0
              - Intel Xeon "Westmere-EX" support
              - Intel Core i7 970 "Gulftown" support
              - AMD Phenom II , Athlon and Sempron II II "Caspian" support
              - AMD zacate / Ontario support
              - Crucial Ballistix memory and support for temperature measurement
              - Gigabyte DES imaging.
              - New chips support Sensor: Winbond W83783S, Nuvoton NCT6776, Fintek F71862, F71869, F71889, F81865, Chile CHL8266, ITE IT8721, Analog Device ADM1033.

AIDA64 Extreme Edition v1.60.1347 Beta-Sensor Panel

Storage / SMART / special support for Intel 320, 510 SSDs
              Storage / SMART / special support for Samsung PM810 SSDs
              detection of AMD Catalyst 11.3, 11.4 Early Preview drivers
              GPU information for AMD Radeon HD 6790 (Barts)
              GPU information for new AMD Sumo and Wrestler variants
              GPU information for new ATI Radeon HD 5570 (Redwood)
              GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce 405 (GT216)
              GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce GT 530 (GF108)
              GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (GF110)
              improved DIMM thermal sensor support
              fixed: motherboard specific sensor info for Intel DB65, DH61, DH67, DP67, DQ67 Series
              More info:
              After several rewriting of this very complex module we've named SensorPanel, it has finally reached the stage that we can show it to the general public Please find the first SensorPanel beta in the following new beta release of AIDA64 Extreme Edition: http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extreme...

MaxxMEM2 1.95

-maintenance update, full sandy support

ThrottleStop 3.00

- Fixed the Options not being saved when in profile 2, 3 or 4.
              - Fixed the BD PROCHOT reporting.
              - Fixed AC/DC default profile switching when the battery is rapidly discharging.
              - Changed it so clock modulation and chipset clock modulation will not automatically be turned off when ThrottleStop first starts so you can monitor for this problem before making any changes.
              - Documented about a dozen rarely used INI file options.
              - Added a SplitQuad= INI option for the Core 2 Quad CPUs. See the included docs for more info.
              Last edited by stasio; 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Nice Post! Can you ad some Zip extractors like WinRar to the 1st POST?
                WinRAR download and support. WinRAR is a powerful Windows tool to compress and decompress zip, rar and many other formats: Download now
                WinRAR - the data compression, encryption and archiving tool for Windows that opens RAR and ZIP files. Compatible with many other file formats.
                Last edited by artdrivers; 04-05-2011, 09:40 AM.
                http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                Logitech G500 USB mouse
                Monitor: CMV937A
                7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Updated with:

AIDA64 Extreme Edition v1.60.1349 Beta-Sensor Panel

In this beta is applied the following improvements:

- SensorPanel Manager
                  - items re-ordering (via SensorPanel Manager)
                  - item hiding (via SensorPanel Manager)
                  - configurable default settings
                  - Preferences / HW Monitoring / SensorPanel / new option: lock panel position
                  - Preferences / HW Monitoring / SensorPanel / new option: lock panel size
                  - SensorPanel item properties window position restoring
                  - JPEG image support
                  - bar frame support
                  - shadow support (for labels, values, units, bar

HWiNFO32 v3.72-1206 Beta

AMD Catalyst Application Profile 11.3 #2

Aliens vs. Predator - Supports CrossFire up to 4 GPUs (previously only offered scaling up to 2 GPUs)
                  Dream Lords - resolves negative CrossFire scaling
                  The Sims: Medieval - resolves negative CrossFire scaling and Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center has been disabled
                  Dark Spore - Improves CrossFire performance
                  Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Updated profile to further improve CrossFire performance
                  Duke Nukem Forever - Improves CrossFire performance
                  Last edited by stasio; 04-06-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I was wondering which program would be better for stress-testing, LinX or Prime95? Everyone seems to have different opinions and I do not really know which program to use. Some say that LinX is better since it supports AVX and thus stresses the cores more, some say that Prime95 is more effective in stressing CPUs, the 2600K in particular.

So far I have used LinX to stress test my 2600K. I usually run LinX (latest version) for 24 hours using all available memory (~7GB, 30340 problem size). I have found LinX the most reliable stability tool so far but hearing all the rumours about Prime95 and how it is superior in testing the new SB CPUs I have got a bit doubtful whether I have used the right program. :)

Anyway, how long would you recommend running LinX/Prime95?

All your answers are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Comment

Its a matter of preference really. LinX will heat up the cpu more as it does stress it more then Prime95. Newer version of prime95 have come out with updated support.

As for how long. With linX 20-25 runs FULL memory is about all you need to pass. Anything more then that is just torture or people just being crazzy about stability.
                      Prime95 They say run for 12hrs+ using Blend test.

More people switching to LinX as it is quicker to use. some people will run LinX for 20-25 runs then test with prime95 for 12+hrs.
                      Main Rig
                      Gigabyte z87x-OC
                      Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                      G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                      Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                      Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                      HiS ATI HD 6950
                      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                      Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                      Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                      Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                      Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                      EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                      Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                      Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Thanks a lot Acebmxer.

20-25 runs? One of my mates had a BSoD (0x124) after 11 hours of LinX. :( Core i7 2600K, 4GB of RAM out of which he had set 2600MB. That is what makes me a bit doubtful about running LinX only for 20-25 runs. Do not get me wrong please, I do not mean to question what you have written I am just curious to know your opinion. :)
                        Last edited by FL00D; 04-06-2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I think there is no such thing as absolute stability, even at default clocks errors can occur if you (could) test long enough, like millions of hours worth... having said that I agree having a 124 after 11h of linx is doubtful stability in my book too. It all depends on how you would be using the machine I guess, if you never ever have 100% load for more than a few minutes/hours then you can get away with 25 runs, but if you crunch 24/7 you would want extended stability. Getting extended stability is something no test can guarantee, you could test for days without error but still get one the moment you start crunching, so even after all test passed positive, the only real test is using the machine as intended, and if it is without problems, it can be deemed stable for that purpose.
                          - Z68X-UD3H-B3(rev 1.3), bios F12
                          - I5-2500k [3148C059], cooled by scythe mugen2 rev.b with 1500rpm pwm-fan on cpufan header.
                          - 8G(2x4G) Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1600C9W,Low profile/Low voltage, DDR1600/C9-1.35v. Slots 1&2.
                          - 16G(4x4G) Samsung M378B5273DH0-CH9 1333 @ 2133-c11. w1.55v

- Seasonic M12D SS850-EM , 850W Semi-Modular PSU with 80A at 12V.
                          - 2x EVGA GeForce GTX285-1GB in SLi, 4x 6pin power and bridge connected.[PCIEX_16 and PCIEX_8]
                          - Hauppauge HVR2200 PCIE 1x tv-tuner card.[PCIEX1_3]
                          - Intel controller in raid mode.
                          - 2x WD 500G blacks in raid0 on intel port 0-1.
                          - 1x WD 1000G black on intel port 2.
                          - 1x OCZ Vertex2 (32nm) on intel port 3.
                          - 1x Optiarc DVDRW on intel port 4.
                          - 1x Samsung 500G on marvell port 0.
                          - 24" LCD monitor @ Geforce 0, lower HDMI port.
                          - 17" LCD monitor @ Geforce 0, upper HDMI port.
                          - 19" LCD tv @ intel/onboard HDMI.
                          - 4ch analoge speakers, cambridge dtt set.
                          - internal spdif header connected to Geforce 0.
                          - front usb connected.
                          - front ac97 connected.
                          - front cardreader (usb) connected.
                          - rear 4x usb bracket.
                          - ms media keyboard, ms comfort mouse. usb, wired.
                          - w7x64-sp1.

Comment

Quadro Driver v270.51 WHQL

Code:
                            http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/270.51/270.51-Quadro-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe
                            http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/270.51/270.51-Quadro-winxp-64bit-international-whql.exe
                            http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/270.51/270.51-Quadro-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql.exe
                            http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/270.51/270.51-Quadro-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe
                            NVIDIA GPU CUDA Toolkit 4.0 RC2- (APRIL 2011)(Public Availability)

CUDA Toolkit 4.0 | NVIDIA Developer Zone

HWiNFO32 v3.72-1207 Beta

Layout/font change.
                            Added reporting of GPU Clocks in Sensors.

SpeedFan 4.44 Beta 4

- fixed hysteresis conversion to Fahrenheit an typo
                            - hysteresis can now be set to 0 too
                            - enabled REMOVE buttons in Fan Control UI
                            - added full support for PWM control to F71809

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.59
                            Last edited by stasio; 04-09-2011, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Updated with:

GPU-Z 0.5.3

Added support for AMD Radeon HD 6790, FirePro V5800
                              Added support for GeForce GT 555M, GTX 540M, G315M, Quadro FX 600, FX 2800M, Quadro 4000
                              Fixed GeForce GTX 590 release date
                              Added support for voltage controllers VT1556, uP6266, uP6218
                              Added VDDCI measurement on CHL8228 based ATI cards
                              Added capability to show sensors in TechPowerUp OSD Server
                              Fixed several crashes and resource leaks

AIDA64 Extreme Edition v1.60.1351 Beta

anti-virus software support for DrWeb v6
                              firewall software support for DrWeb v6
                              identification of new Intel Xeon MP (aka Westmere-EX)
                              RAID SMART support is now disabled by default
                              Intel Processor Number detection for Core i7-995X
                              Intel Processor Number detection for Xeon E7-xxxx
                              detection of nVIDIA GeForce GT 520M video chip
                              detection of nVIDIA NVS 4200M video chip
                              GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce GT 555M (GF106M)
                              GPU information for nVIDIA Quadro 1000M (GF108GLM)
                              GPU information for nVIDIA Quadro 2000M (GF106GLM)
                              GPU information for nVIDIA Quadro 3000M (GF104GLM)
                              GPU information for nVIDIA Quadro 4000M (GF104GLM)
                              GPU information for nVIDIA Quadro 5010M (GF110GLM)
                              HD Audio codec information for nVIDIA GF116
                              motherboard specific sensor info for Asus M4A77T
                              motherboard specific sensor info for Asus M4A77T/USB3
                              motherboard specific sensor info for Asus M4A77TD
                              motherboard specific sensor info for Gigabyte G1.Guerrilla

In this beta we've also applied the following changes of the SensorPanel feature:

- vertical bars, with a new bar placement option called "3-line"
                              - image preview
                              - copy-paste (in the right-click context menu on the SensorPanel)
                              - SensorPanel Manager / Duplicate button -- to clone an item
                              - URL on static labels and images -- the link can be opened by double-clicking on the item on the SensorPanel
                              - improved background image handling
                              - rendering order has changed to render the bar first -- so now label and/or value and/or unit can be drawn right on the bar, using e.g. the "Embedded" bar placement option
                              - fixed: item hiding

Another sample shot to show off the latest capabilities of the SensorPanel feature:

Prime95v.26.6 build 3

1) Occasionally, P-1 stage 2 would report 100% complete before stage 2 completed. This bug has been around forever. I've finally found the cause! Fixed in 26.5 build 2.
                              2) Worktodo.txt was not updated properly when P-1 completed for a PRP test. Fixed in 26.5 build 3.
                              3) In 26.5 build 3, when benchmarking and measuring CPU speed the program will keep all cores busy by launching auxiliary threads that loop indefinitely. This should prevent Intel Turbo boost from kicking in. This should prevent cases where the CPU speed is reported as 1.87 GHz, yet a benchmark reports very fast timings because the CPU core has been boosted to 3.2 GHz because only one core is active.
                              4) In 26.5 build 3, the OS's mapping of hyperthreaded logical CPU numbers to physical CPUs is determined automatically at startup. The AffinityScramble setting (see undoc.txt) is no longer supported. It is replaced by the AffinityScramble2 setting.
                              5) In 26.5 build 3, the message "set affinity to run on any cpu" instead listed all the CPU numbers and as well as CPU #31. Fixed in build 4.
                              6) In 26.5 build 3 and 4, benchmarking a dual-core non-SSE2 machine will crash. Fixed in build 5.
                              7) KeepPminus1SaveFiles=0 option described in undoc.txt did not work when a factor was found. Fixed in 26.6.
                              8) The 32K,64K,80K length FFTs with sumout checking for Pentium 4's with 256K or less cache were not implemented. Symptom is a torture test failure. Fixed in 26.6.
                              9) Prime95 does not load on Sandy Bridge CPUs running Win XP. I've got a trial fix in 26.6.
                              10) Prime95 chooses very inefficient FFT implementations for Core 2 Celerons (they have 512K L2 cache). Working on a fix for for 26.6.
                              11) Logical CPU numbers were sometimes output zero-based and sometimes one-based. In 26.6, they are all one-based.
                              Last edited by stasio; 04-08-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I was wondering if running LinX (or any other CPU stability test for that matter) for days could harm the CPU?

@ 1.35V (=1.3332V AIDA), 4.5GHz, LLC enabled.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X