New aircooler for coreI7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New aircooler for coreI7?

I am thinking of replacing the stockcooler but I am at a loss.

The Thermalright Ultra-120 is just way too big...I don't see it hanging on my MB (UD5) and probably the sidepanel of my case -an Antec p182- won't close anymore :-)

I won't be overclocking that much (3.4/3.6 Ghz).
    Is there something smaller which will do the job? Is the Nexus Low 7000 or FLC-3000 something? or even the stockcooler for the Icore7 965?

thx for any info

Re: New aircooler for coreI7?

Originally posted by lafleche View Post
    I am thinking of replacing the stockcooler but I am at a loss.

The Thermalright Ultra-120 is just way too big...I don't see it hanging on my MB (UD5) and probably the sidepanel of my case -an Antec p182- won't close anymore :-)

I won't be overclocking that much (3.4/3.6 Ghz).
    Is there something smaller which will do the job? Is the Nexus Low 7000 or FLC-3000 something? or even the stockcooler for the Icore7 965?

thx for any info
    you sure the thermalright 120 wont fit? its the best cooler out there for the i7 at the moment and a few people have pushed over 4.5ghz with this heatsink with 2 VERY good fans on it.

If your going to swap coolers you might as well go for the best cooler out there, which is the TRUE 120.

Comment

Maybe Noctua or Tuniq? Or even the Thermalright 90 version?

But like said above, you might as well get one of the best or at least a better then cheap one as you may want to overclock further later and no sense in having to buy another cooler then

Comment

About the TRUE....

I read this on an other forum
        "Whether or not you can do 6 sticks of RAM will depend on the HSF you use. My TRUE 120 will not allow for a 12GB setup if a fan is used on the side of the TRUE closest to the front of the case. I have my TRUE in a push-pull configuration and the only way for me to go 12GB is to lose the front fan (or get shorter ram)."

Looking at how I would place my fan it would be on the side of where the ram is placed... but wouldn't I have the same problems then?

I still am looking for a good -and no so big- alternative...perhaps wait for other suppliers to come with an alternative :-)

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

This company is based in the UK, but ships elsewhere (as far as I can tell). I have shopped there many times in the past.

They have support forums too, that might give you some more info.

They show just two quiet coolers for lga1366 at present the Noctua and Asus:-
          Quiet PC UK - Quiet P4 CPU Coolers for a Quiet PC
          GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

I have the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme 1366RT and with the Extreme and the extra silent pipe cooler attached it fits fine. The fan attaches a different way as to allow any memory to fit.

Comment

TM 120 e Noctua are the best. I had one noctua on my old build with AMD processor and i didn`t have nothing to complain.
              Intel I5 4690K 4.2GHZ
              Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
              2x8GB gSkill DDR3 1600Mhz
              1x SSD Sandisk Extreme II 240GB
              1x Seagate 1000GB (DATA)
              1x Samsung 750GB (DATA)
              MSI Geforce GTX 960 2GB
              Phanteks
              Seaconic Modular 620W
              Aerocool Dead Silence
              Windows 7 64bits

Comment

You could also always Dremmel down the fan base if it is hitting your ram. Or if you are only using one fan just use it in pull instead of push so that it would be on the other side of the heatsink

Comment

The fan is mounted by a new system and can slide up almost 2" so even the dominator ram will fit. I installed my memory and slid the fan on top.

Instead of those wire brackets. You can replace the fan that comes with to a led one for moding

Comment

Working...
                  X