Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed: GA-EP45-UD3R and Acronis

I can save the PC but cannot recover it. I receive the following message:
    E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has not found any hard disk drives.
    Yet, I have changed nothing in the BIOS.
    Any assistance is welcome.

Re: Help needed: GA-EP45-UD3R and Acronis

Originally posted by jr39 View Post
    I can save the PC but cannot recover it. I receive the following message:
    E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has not found any hard disk drives.
    Yet, I have changed nothing in the BIOS.
    Any assistance is welcome.
    I bet you are using an Sata dvd drive or your controller is in AHCI mode. I've had the same problem before.

Which version and build are you using of TI?

Btw i only use the Rescue media, I never backup or restore through windows.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 12-16-2008, 12:10 PM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Well, I have found the trick. I run a very standard PC using the UD3R board, an Intel E7300 proceesor, two SATA disks (one WD and one Samsung), no RAID, etc.
      In normal operating mode, I have the SATA RAID/AHCI mode disabled.
      Now, guess what! In order to restore a PC image with Acronis True Image Home 11.0, one has to enable the AHCI mode. Otherwise, it does not work.
      When finished, back to disabled. I have spent hours to find out.
      I must honestly say that Gigabyte is looking for deep trouble. No doubt that there is a mistake in this board design.

Comment

Are you using build 8101 too?

I don't use the windows interface at all and I only install TI or DD etc just so i can make the Bootable Media.
        Before build 8101 was build 8053 that caused me to get the same error as you when my PC was in AHCI mode, however Acronis sent me an ISO image (build 8054) with a different boot loader (they are all linux based) and that cured the problem.

The only other thing is, Acronis usually have two modes available, Safe Mode and Full Mode. Often i find Safe Mode work the best as i believe in some cases it looks at the bios for hard drives rather than using it's own HD support.

But as I guess you use the Windows interface to initiate everything, it's hard to know what mode TI is actually using.

I doubt very much this has anything to do with Gigabyte and i recommend you update to build 8101 (the latest for Ti11) and create a rescue disk and use that for your restore/backups as it is more robust.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

i recommend you update to build 8101 (the latest for Ti11)
          Thanks for your help.
          I use build 8101 and never encountered this kind of problem before. I used a DP35DP Intel motherboard before this UD3R one with the same disk configuration (a WD Velociraptor 74GB on C: and a Samsung 500GB on D:).
          I use C: for system and programs and D: for data. I am very safe with my data as I also have another external Iomega 500GB (on a USB).
          I shall have a try with TI release 12 on a trial basis and see what happens.
          I appreciate any assistance.

Comment

I apologize for bashing Gigabyte.
            Acronis True Image Home 2009 solves the problem from within Windows and also from the disk drive rescue boot.
            Thanks VorLonUK for your assistance.
            All the best from Switzerland under the snow.

Comment

I apologize for bashing Gigabyte.
              Acronis True Image Home 2009 solves the problem from within Windows and also from the disk drive rescue boot.
              Thanks VorLonUK for your assistance.
              All the best from Switzerland under the snow.
              No problem, glad you got it sorted

I'm using Ti2009 (aka Ti12) now and even the Rescue Media has a new updated interface. Also, if you don't bother with sector by sector images, the backup speed is incredibly quick.

Also Acronis are pretty good and will supply you with an alternative ISO bootable image for the Rescue Media, if the default is failing to boot and/or not recognising the attached hardware.

Comment

Also Acronis are pretty good and will supply you with an alternative ISO bootable image for the Rescue Media, if the default is failing to boot and/or not recognising the attached hardware.
                True. I have been using Acronis TI for several years and overall, they have been very good.

Thanks again.

Comment

Well, I have found the trick. snip In normal operating mode, I have the SATA RAID/AHCI mode disabled.
                  Now, guess what! In order to restore a PC image with Acronis True Image Home 11.0, one has to enable the AHCI mode.
                  jr39, THANK YOU very much for taking the time to post this.
                  Now my boot disk can see my hard drives and I am, right now, in full recovery mode on my main rig.

It still took me a while to get past the problem, but it would have taken me a lot longer to eventually stumble on the answer as you did.

Cheers mate.

Comment

yeah Acronis 09 recovers fullly and completely here with UD3P
                    newest build to, no ahci setting needed
                    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 bios 3202
                    [email protected].
                    CM Hyper 212 EVO blademasters push-pull
                    8GB's Samsung 30nm tech ram 1.35v
                    EVGA GTX 460 superclocked plus (part# 1G-P3-1372-TR)
                    Seasonic X660
                    Canada

Comment

I notice that TI Home 2009 works well overall (XP3, Vista 32 and 64-bit, Win 7 32-bit) but cannot be installed in the Windows 7 64-bit environment. In the latter environment, one needs to use the boot disk.

Comment

Working...
                      X