Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD5 problem...Please Help

Hi,

I just put together a system using the EX58-UD5 motherboard. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the computer I am getting no picture. I have tried everything, from switching the ram in different slots to trying just one of my video cards at a time. I still get no picture. I have tried my video cards (two 8800 GTX) on my old system and they work fine. One thing I also noticed was that my board is showing an A7 code and I have no idea what that means. I have looked in the instruction book and all over the internet but have come up with nothing. Please help me get this fixed as I need this up and running now.

System Specs:
    Core i7 965
    Thermaltake 1200w PSU
    GA-EX58-UD5
    CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
    Geforce 8800 GTX (two of them running in SLI)
    Last edited by Brian2k; 12-14-2008, 01:32 PM.

Re: EX58-UD5 problem...Please Help

I've had a good look through the pages from 118 onwards and can't see an A7 hex code listed.

All i can suggest (as you've seemed to have tried most things) is that you email Gigabyte support and ask what that code relates to.
    The only other thing is did you boot up initially with both cards in SLI mode? I'm wondering if clearing the Cmos may help.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

I have booted up trying both SLI and using a single card. One thing I find odd is that I have looked through this forum and noticed that if your RAM is in the blue slots that you will see a 69 error. I've tried this and don't see that error (I was actually hoping to see that error). Now if I take out all of my RAM I get a B2 error on the board. Do you know what that error is? I am really hoping that I don't have to RMA this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian2k View Post
        I have booted up trying both SLI and using a single card. One thing I find odd is that I have looked through this forum and noticed that if your RAM is in the blue slots that you will see a 69 error. I've tried this and don't see that error (I was actually hoping to see that error). Now if I take out all of my RAM I get a B2 error on the board. Do you know what that error is? I am really hoping that I don't have to RMA this board.
        i've a problem similar to your. But in my case the ram in blue slots shows the error code B9. If i try to boot in the white one, the board start to make an infinity course of fake boot. Before that i can read a sequence of error codes, starting with C1/B8/B9 and sometimes also C5, than 88 and ..fake boot. But i don't see any A7 error yet. Like you, if i try without any ram, the error is B2. Your bios version is F2 or F3?

Comment

Do you get any beeps when the memory isn't in the board? I get nothing when it comes to that. As for what bios version I don't know as I don't get any picture when turning on my computer. Have any ideas as to what this problem is?

Comment

Have either of you got a case speaker connected up to the motherboard, so you can hear the POST beeps?

Can you get to the Q-Flash Screen?

Are you using an 8pin 12volt atx connector?

Have you tried clearing the Cmos?

Have you tried just installing two modules in DDR3_1 & DDR3_3 positions? Or Just one module in either of those two positions?

Do the Voltage status Led's light? Cpu, Northbridge, Southbridge, Memory...

Does your CPU fan start?
            Last edited by VorLonUK; 12-14-2008, 04:55 PM.
            GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian2k View Post
              Do you get any beeps when the memory isn't in the board? I get nothing when it comes to that. As for what bios version I don't know as I don't get any picture when turning on my computer. Have any ideas as to what this problem is?
              When the memory isn't on the boaard i hear nothing, like you. The only one thing that you can do is a Cmos. Take one jumper ad put it into the cmos jumper, near the battery, for almost 20 minutes. Than try to boot. Also you can try to update the bios with the floppy device. Read this guide.

I understand that some I7 cpu have compatibility problem with Ex58-Ud5 mb. Gigabyte raccomends to update bios to F3. Maybe your bios version is F2. But i think that the system is able to startup.
              I do all the possible things to boot but nothing happens. I hope you are lucky than me!

Comment

Originally posted by VorLonUK View Post
                Have either of you got a case speaker connected up to the motherboard, so you can hear the POST beeps?

Can you get to the Q-Flash Screen?

Are you using an 8pin 12volt atx connector?

Have you tried clearing the Cmos?

Have you tried just installing two modules in DDR3_1 & DDR3_3 positions? Or Just one module in either of those two positions?

Do the Voltage status Led's light? Cpu, Northbridge, Southbridge, Memory...

Does your CPU fan start?
                I have hooked up a case speaker to my system and I still hear nothing. I don't even hear the initial beep that says the system has started up.

I can't get to the Q-Flash screen because I get no picture :(

I am using the correct power connections for the board.

I tried clearing the CMOS but still no picture.

I have tried many different combinations for the modules and still nothing.

All the voltage lights do come on as they should.

My CPU fan does start up and work.

It is like my computer is running fine but just no picture is coming from it. I also have this A7 debug code on my motherboard and no one seems to know what it means. Again I have checked everywhere and still no results but I did email Gigabyte about the problem. I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they have to say. If anyone has anything else to add I am open to anything :)

Comment

UPDATE:

I put in an old PCI-E card that I have to see if that would fix the no picture problem and it did nothing. I still have the A7 debug code showing on the motherboard. I am starting to think that I am just going to end up going through the RMA process. If anyone may have an idea of what this is please let me know :)

Comment

I suspect you both playing with 920 cpu's that are not comptible to the bios installed and that really there is noway to flash the boards without them going back to gigabyte or you using a 965 processor and noone in the right mind will let you use a $1000 cpu to flash a board.

Comment

????

F3 and above would support the 920 CPU, basically all BIOS's would support the 920. There would not be a new BIOS release that would not support it

Comment

I have a Core i7 965 processor. I called Gigabyte earlier today and found out that the A7 debug code means "id sectors error" I have no idea what the problem is and will probably just RMA the board. Hopefully the next one I get works.

Comment

So did you then ask what ID Sector error means?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                            So did you then ask what ID Sector error means?
                            I did and all the guy told me was that something was not working correctly (like I didn't know that already). He didn't mention what may not be working but just said that something is not working correctly.

Comment

ID sector could sound like an Unidentified CPU, so the board just halts. Although Sector sounds like the Hard drive and we know that GB use an Hard Drive HPA for their virtual dual bios.

Whatever it is, it's halting the system before the Graphics card can be initialised.

Are there any different ie stepping/revision 920 CPU's out there? Seems crazy releasing an updated bios that is targeted for 920 use, when the 920 CPU is the bread and butter entry level Core i7 at present.

Have you looked at say neweggs customer feedback on the board, just so you might glean some more info?

Comment

Working...
                              X