EX58-UD5 problem...Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EX58-UD5 problem...Please Help

Funny they seem to know what it is, but wont tell you what that would be! I am sure ID Sector is something specific and he knows it. Not like it could be "Your CPU or your DVD Player"? Seems silly he would tell you, then not say what it means.

Maybe he just does not know and that is a reply just to get you to to think he knows!

Ya VorLon, Sounds silly doesn't it!!!! No, so far there is only one revision on the CPU's

So I guess there may be some boards out that have less then F3 BIOS. But ya, I am sure like you say all that have F3 or above are Compatible with the 920 for sure >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - FAQ - GA-EX58-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

Comment

Hi...

I am using a GA-EX58 Extreme on a i7-965 Extreme Edition on F4 Bios...

It boot up fine but after swtiching off about 30mins, restarting the system would give me a no boot error code A7 and freeze...

I have searched the net and only in Tweaktown and Xtremesystems documented this error but no solution...

I am using a Seventeam 1200W PSU... GeIL GV34GB1333C9DC DDR3 1333 CL=9-9-9-24

I tried using 1 piece of RAM DDR3_1 and also 2 pieces on DDR3_1 and DDR3_3... both gives me a fresh boot with no display and A7 code...

Upon clearing Cmos via the CLR CMOS at the I/O... the system will boot fine with either 1 piece or 2 pieces of RAM...

I tried using a set of loan and working triple channel DDR1333 RAMs... Same thing happen...

As long as I reset the CMOS, the system works fine...

Anyone can help???

Comment

Just change the mb... working fine now...

seems like the initial playing around with the RAMs and RAMs slot killed the mb...

Comment

Nice to see you have a working system!

Comment

I've got the same problem. I even RMAed teh Motherboard and overclockers - the supplier said it worked fine and they had updated the BIOS. Got it back and it still just hangs with an A7 error.

I'm tempted to just send the whole thing back but it seems that maybe the motherboard is just non totally compatible with the processor and I should change it to another one.

Any suggestions?

Comment

I have no clues exactly what was the caused... but the board that i sent in for exchange was working on the spot by the technician who attended to me... they tested the board with their own hardware and they cannot replicate my problem...

One thing I am very sure is that it has something to do with the RAMs... because it was the only thing I tried to play around with... not just the voltages... but also physically switching the RAMs among the slots from 1,2,3,4,5,6 pieces of RMAs...

my advice... flash the bios to an older version... boot with only single piece of RAM...

I may have to get some help to decipher the A7 error code...

Good Luck

Comment

SlappyBag, what Ram are you using anyway?

Comment

Working...
                X