ep45-ud3r power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ep45-ud3r power

Were you choosing the correct driver by name when it showed you the list of drivers on that driver?

Ahh... Sorry! I see you got it installed! 4 and 8 Pin are not the SAME thing, what made you say that? They both can be used though, if that is what you meant

You should be able to use EasyTune to control your case and CPU Fan.

Speedfan, ya that is a waste on any board I think

Comment

the protective cover is on 1,2,5 and 6?

are the extra pins there to allow use of a second 12v rail?

my understanding is that the 750TX has one 'massive' 12-v rail, therefore, can the 750TX be used with the 4-pin connector for an Intel Extreme processor and/or overclocking?

here is the 750TX connectors pic from Newegg:

update: my 750TX will be waiting for me when I return from assignment! Corsair site shows a 8-pin 12v connector!
      here: http://www.corsair.com/_images/produ...2v_8-4_pin.jpg

Newegg specs: Corsair 750W connectors
      1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
      *1 x 12V(4/8Pin)*
      8 x peripheral
      8 x SATA
      2 x Floppy
      4 x PCI-E
      Last edited by pchaplo; 01-25-2009, 06:02 PM. Reason: found 8-pin on Corsair website!

Comment

Originally posted by pchaplo View Post
        the protective cover is on 1,2,5 and 6?

are the extra pins there to allow use of a second 12v rail?

my understanding is that the 750TX has one 'massive' 12-v rail, therefore, can the 750TX be used with the 4-pin connector for an Intel Extreme processor and/or overclocking?

here is the 750TX connectors pic from Newegg:

update: my 750TX will be waiting for me when I return from assignment! Corsair site shows a 8-pin 12v connector!
        here: http://www.corsair.com/_images/produ...2v_8-4_pin.jpg

Newegg specs: Corsair 750W connectors
        1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
        *1 x 12V(4/8Pin)*
        8 x peripheral
        8 x SATA
        2 x Floppy
        4 x PCI-E
        It's Either/Or as far as I know.
        The older Corsair's like mine had both, 4 and 8pin - but the new one's like yours have a "Split - able" 8 pin, ie 2x4pin. It can be used for both.

Ideally use all 8pins if the MB allows, if not, slide/unclip the plug for 4 pin 12v atx equipped motherboards. Essentially it splits in half.

As for Extreme CPU's. Some motherboard manufacturers suggest that when they have an ATX 12v 8 pin socket, that it is used for the Intel Extreme Cpu etc, although it is suggested that using half the socket (ie only 4 pins) is sufficient for lower Power CPU's - ie the mainstream.
        Of course there are motherboards that are designed for overclocking and that will support the likes of the 135watt Core™ 2 Extreme QX9770 - like my board, which incidently has only the 4pin 12volt ATX connector.

8 Pins are preferable, but may not be absolutely neccessary.
        Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-25-2009, 07:25 PM.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Working...
        X