ep45-ud3r power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ep45-ud3r power

Is it ok to use the 4 pin connector rather than the 8 pin?

Re: ep45-ud3r power

Originally posted by nino2469 View Post
    Is it ok to use the 4 pin connector rather than the 8 pin?
    No...you need plug 2x4 pin=8 like this pix below.

you might need buy new PSU for that support.

pg
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600

Comment

what would happen if I didn't, I plugged it up with the 4 and it has been working.

Comment

Provided the power draw doesn't exceed what can be provided by the single four-pin, nothing.

If you're running a very high-drain system you might start getting errors similar to those from an inadequate PSU.

Comment

+1 for the above!

You can use 4pin, but if overclocking or you have a small PSU (Which is likely) then you may have issues

Comment

Originally posted by nino2469 View Post
            what would happen if I didn't, I plugged it up with the 4 and it has been working.
            User's manual page 23,

pg
            G

Comment

Hi, I have similar problem. I've just bought EP45-ud3p. I am using 400W PS with only 1 4pin line for the cpu. I read the manual on page 23, but my mobo does not have protective cap on 8 pin CPU line. I don't know on which 4 to connect the PSU - 1st (1-2-5-6 pins) or 2nd (3-4-7-8 pins). I will buy ne wPSU, but within 1-2 months. Can you tell me how to connect, so I can use my mobo now? 10x in advance.

Comment

As I recall, it should go on 3-4-7-8.

If your PSU is a cheap and cheerful 400W you may find it a bit light on — don't overload it.

Comment

It should ONLY fit into one half of that plug anyway. Did you get it sorted?

Comment

I have the same problem with a GA-EP45-UD3P and a Corsair TX750, a half decent, currently available power supply.

When did this new standard come out?

Comment

Originally posted by Marner View Post
                      I have the same problem with a GA-EP45-UD3P and a Corsair TX750, a half decent, currently available power supply.

When did this new standard come out?
                      The TX750 is a great PSU and has the ATX 12volt 8 pin plug.

Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-04-2009, 07:40 AM.
                      GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

The TX750 has two four pin plugs but the shape of the pins is different on one side. I was afraid of having it plugged in but tried since and it did not burn up, but I still can not get XP loaded on with this motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Marner View Post
                          The TX750 has two four pin plugs but the shape of the pins is different on one side. I was afraid of having it plugged in but tried since and it did not burn up, but I still can not get XP loaded on with this motherboard.

pg
                          G

Comment

What is your issue with XP?

Yes, but sure you are not confusing the ATX 20+ (4) << pin for a 4Pin ATX 12V plug

You should have a 8Pin (EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin ) as shown above and as you see here on Corsair spec's page (Click Resources Tab)>>>
                            Welcome to Corsair :: TX Power Supply Product Information

Comment

My issue with installing XP was trying to get it on a striped raid array. I was using a floppy for the raid driver, F6, it would load the driver, I would format the the raid drive, XP would start to load and then go back to the floppy for the driver to load onto the hard drive and it would say the driver was not there. I tried different floppies, floppy drives and cables and it would do the same thing every time.

That is when I decided to try the other 4 pin plug in as well, but from reading other posts I also learned how to slipstream the install with nLite so I did not need the floppy and now XP is installed and running fine.

The 4 pin plugs really worried me at first. The shape of one 4 pin plug is the same as the motherboard but the other is a different shape even though it fits easily. Now I know they are compatible. No where did I find the statement you made that the EPS and ATX12V 8-4 pin were the same thing and the manual for the power supply does not have pin outs listed.

Now I am trying to find info on fan control on this motherboard. It seems that all fan headers are 3 or 4 pin but there is no setup for any fan except the CPU. On my old motherboard an ABit AT832X, which I am using now, I have the rear fan controlled by the CPU temp. I have tried Speedfan but this motherboard is too new. Any suggestions?

Just for the record;
                              Motherboard - GA-EP45-UD3P
                              Power Supply - Corsair TX750
                              Hard drives - 2 75 gig Raptors
                              Video - ATI X1900 Crossfire
                              Last edited by Marner; 01-07-2009, 03:24 PM. Reason: Added more explanation

Comment

Working...
                              X