Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: Tweaking ga-p35-ds4 rev.2.0 / Server 2008 Enterprise 64-bit

s/pdif don't work? Why not? You have it enabled in the BIOS?

Good luck, Ill see you tonight. Bout to get outta here for the moment

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 10-07-2008, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Hmm, do you want me to test server 08 on my board? I can, but you will have to wait a few nights for me to download it.

I assume it works fine, I used to use a beta version of it on my P35-DS4 with no issues. And now that it is final I hear many people say it is much better then vista. And really anything compatible with vista is Server 08 compatible as they are built on th same core system

I do not know if Gigabyte offers boards for that type of system, wouldn't know where to start looking either other then newegg, and customer comments

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 10-08-2008, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Well I will be getting it from MSDN download center myself, but you have to be a member to get it that way. Here is the exact same version download from Microsoft that I will be getting Build 6001.18000.080118-1840 >>>>
              Download details: Windows Server 2008 Enterprise

Like I said though, it will take me a few days to get it. I am on a satellite and can only download large files like that during my "Free" time 3-6 AM otherwise I will kill my service and have 2kb/s speed for 24 Hours

What is This Solaris compatibility thing? Do you mean you want me to install something to scan my P45-DS4 to see about compatibility? If so give me a link and I will let you know. I cannot for P35-DS4 as I have it wrapped up for sale right now so it is not installed in anything

Comment

BigAdmin HCL: Sun Device Detection Tool

With this you can check the HW compatibility.

Comment

Will scan now and let you know about EP45-DS4P

Comment

No luck at all

I installed this First >>>
                    Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 7

And I already had the latest Java Installed. So maybe I am doing something wrong, wanna write out how exactly I should be doing it?

All I get is Unable to launch the application. This is in Vista x64
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-09-2008, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 10-09-2008, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I have Java installed and enabled, and I meet the system Prerequisites, maybe I am just overlooking a driver or something I need. This is a clean install, so I will have a shot at it again tonight

Comment

So, I even installed the whole 40MB package of all the smaller apps "Get the JDK Download" at the top of this page >>>
                          Java SE Downloads

And still get the same error, seems like something on my end it not letting me download the needed files to bring up the tester. I tried in IE and firefox, and even with all cookies and security settings on lowest they can go. No luck?

Maybe my satellite? Ill try it on dial up tomorrow

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 10-30-2008, 12:49 AM.

Comment

WOW, sorry I forgot about this as well. I do have server downloaded but not installed or anything yet. Forgot all about it being on my hard drive.

Ya, I have no idea what that is about why I cannot run that test??? Maybe the satellite I am on, not sure? But it looks like something is stopping me from downloading a additional file from the errors shown

I still have my DS4 2.1! If you got the cash the Black Mushkins are great, any would do for 8GB. If you are in the US here 996580's are on super sale >>>
                              Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Comment

Great luck for me, that I found this thread.

Dosign, I have exact the same problem with Mainboard EP35-DS3P rev 2.1 and G.Skill-Ram "F2-6400CL4D-1GBPK".

Did your problem still exist? I tested many Bios-Configurations and nothing fixed the problem. Later I'll try the settings from Lsdmeasap and play a little bit with voltages.

If I run the ram in single channel, there's no problem. You could test it, if you install your ram not in bank 1 & 3. Install it in bank 1 & 2, then it runs in single channel. It is slow but stable.

Comment

Working...
                                X