Tweaking ga-p35-ds4 rev.2.0 / Server 2008 Enterprise 64-bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweaking ga-p35-ds4 rev.2.0 / Server 2008 Enterprise 64-bit

Last edited by dosign; 10-04-2008, 05:58 AM.

Re: Tweaking ga-p35-ds4 rev.2.0 / Server 2008 Enterprise 64-bit

Well if you are running your ram under spec, then it could still have some settings wrong. Need some help with suggested settings for your ram? If ya do let me know.

And so you know, at spec they should be 100% stable

I would imagine your ram settings is the issue

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Well if you are running your ram under spec, then it could still have some settings wrong. Need some help with suggested settings for your ram? If ya do let me know.

And so you know, at spec they should be 100% stable

I would imagine your ram settings is the issue

Comment

Ahh, well sorry. I misread you then, I thought you were underclocking them

Have you ran memtest86+ on them? You should always on each stick one at a time when you buy the, but since you have been using them without issue I would say they are likely fine. But I would test them now still incase maybe one is dying (p35 must have this version 2.01) >>>
        Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

It could be a server 08 issues, do you have all the latest drivers installed? And Intel chipset package?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

You can get Intel's chipset driver for ICHxR here >>>
              Just choose Vista 64* and download the EXE and it will scan and install only the drivers that need updated. This is Version 9.0.0.1008>>>
              Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

Here is the direct link, incase you get some issues (Which there often is there) >>>
              Confirm Download

The reason gigabyte's differs is that they just repack it. And the reason you may have issues at intel sometimes or when you choose certain system is because Intel wants only the Motherboard manufacturers to host them for users. They are trying to quit letting people get them there.

And you may also always get them at softpedia for free as well, Actually as you see a newer version is available there now 9.0.0.1011>>>
              Download Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 9.0.0.1011 - The Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility installs Windows* INF files to the target system - Softpedia

It is always a universal package and will only update what drivers it needs per that version, supports the following >>>
              * Microsoft Windows* 2000
              * Microsoft Windows* XP
              * Microsoft Windows* XP Professional x64 Edition
              * Microsoft Windows Server* 2003
              * Microsoft Windows Server* 2003 x64 Edition
              * Microsoft Windows Vista* and SP’s
              * Microsoft Windows Server* 2008
              * Microsoft Windows Server* 2008 x64 Edition

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 10-04-2008, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 10-05-2008, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Comment

Driver Agent is BUNK. Not only does it find things you do not need, nor could ever install. They tell you things to try to get you to buy something.

See, here is a scan of my PC (Same crap, all mine are the latest yet they offer "Better") >>>

It is non specific, it will scan and install what driver are needed for your system AGP or PCI are both included. And yes, X48, P35/45 all use the same install package. It is a universal type installer.

Ya, A clean install may be best. Be sure to install SP1 before you install any drivers though. Then once it is installed you can install Chipset, GFX, sound, ect drivers

PCI express is included yes, HDD should have nothing to do with it.

I think may since using Driver Agent and possibly installing incorrect drivers you may want/need to do a clean install

Comment

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 10-05-2008, 06:48 AM.

Comment

You can easily see what Version you have by hitting the windows key + R and type in Winver, then you will see if it says SP1 or not.

No, I did not mention installing RAID drivers at all, what I was referring to was the Intel Chipset package. Not RAID drivers at all. Somehow I guess I may have confused you somewhere? If so, sorry. The chipset package is what I meant would install proper PCI Bus drivers

Mushkin is great, but that is my personal opinion. Nothing official, as you see it is not even on the QVL list. But yes, I do think it is best for gigabyte boards. G.Skill is just as good compatibility wise, but depending on stick choice may not be of such great quality

2GB would only be "Maybe" needed to install Vista, 32 or 64bit. Sometimes 2x2 at install can cause issues is all. After install you can use 2x2 or more, especially with 64Bit

4-8GB or more can be used in 64bit. So you are fine with using more for sure

Comment

Last edited by dosign; 10-06-2008, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X