Disk boot failure?? Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disk boot failure?? Please help

Hmm ok, will try after I get the disc back, gave it to a friend so he could try installing it on his computer and see if it boots correct.

But I've already tried 2 diffrent cd's.

Comment

Well maybe you need to try a NON edited XP. Just a normal untouched one

Comment

My friend just tried my harddrive on his computer and it booted just perfect, so it cant be the XP cd i think :( Must be the M/B or something, but i will set my old harddrive as master and the new as slave and it will work just fine, andthe i will hav 750 gb all togheter :)

Comment

Hmmm, strange!

Well at least you can use it. Sorry I could not help you get things squared away properly

Comment

It's ok :) Im still glad u offer you help, thats enough. Btw i have another problem, this i've hade since i got the computer, this is nothing serious but still. My soundcard wont install properly, when i go into device manager i still have high defentition audio buss with a question mark, and now i cant record trough line in, i've installed the latest driver trough gigabytes site and all... Do you have any idea?

Comment

Do you mean the onboard soundcard/chip?

What does it do when you choose update driver thru the web from device manager?

Well first thing I would do is go in safe mode, and in device manager uninstall Microsoft UUA drivers (You will have to look around in all sound related areas) Then reboot BACK into safe mode (This is so Windows Does not reinstall the driver again)

Then in safe mode reinstall the latest driver from GA. I always get the drivers from the source >>>>
              Realtek

You may have better luck with these, I always do

And also, you have the chipset package installed right? The one for USB and general system drivers, not sure what Nvidia calls it but it is just a bundled system driver package

Also, in control panel, sounds then the recording tab do you have all of the available options enabled/configured? You will likely not see or be able to do that properly until the Driver is installed right first

Comment

Yes i mean the onboad soundcard, Realtek somthing. When i try to update trough web it does nothing.

That link you gave me does not work, i cant download the driver from there becasue the object has been moved or something.

Yes i have installed the chipset package and everything else...

Comment

Hmm that link should work, maybe not because of your language?

Go here (Different link)>>>
                  Realtek

And on the right you should see HD Audio Codec Driver, click that link, agree and download

Comment

Hmm now when i go into device manager all devices are installed but still i cant record, when i go to configure the levels for recording they cant even be highlighted.

Comment

Do you have something else set as default recording device in Control Panel sounds?

Can you post some screenshots of this so I can be sure what is what in your setup? I would like to see Control panel sounds, and record tab. And expanded Device manager view

Thanks

Comment

Nope i dont have anything else as default recording device...

01 - Bildbox.se Ladda upp bild gratis
                        02 - Bildbox.se Ladda upp bild gratis
                        03 - Bildbox.se Ladda upp bild gratis

Hope this tells you anything, picquality is really bad, sorry but dont have a digitalcamera.

Comment

Try removing the HDMI device in safe mode and reinstall the realtek again.

Ya, those pics are bad, made worse for me because I cannot understand the language to read the device manager

Comment

Hmm that made it work :S What a strange process to install the soundcard haha.

Thanks alot for all the help...

Comment

For real? WOW 5 pages!

You would have thought I would have suggested that before, maybe I did? Who cares, glad you got it working!!

Sorry it took so long for me to help ya get it going, good luck with everything in the future.

Now if you install HDMI again and it messes things up you will know what it is!

Comment

Hehe doesnt matter how long as long as its solved. Yeah now i know, thanks again :)

Comment

Working...
                                X