Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant bluescreens on EP35C-DS3R with Vista

Hi all
    I'm getting constant bluescreens on my new GA-EP35C-DS3R board. They are always 0x0000007f, which I understand to be a problem with Kernel mode drivers. Can you tell me where to download all the latest drivers to ensure I'm fully up to date?
    Or any other ideas for what might be going wrong?

Core 2 Quad Q6600
    2 x Corsair 1GB DDR3 RAM
    2x Seagate 500GB Sata II drives
    Inno3D GF 8600GT PCI-E 512MB
    Optiarc DVD/RW

Thanks

Re: Constant bluescreens on EP35C-DS3R with Vista

Are you using Vista x86 or x64?

Comment

I suspect incorrect timings for your ram. What is your overclock if any? And do you have all settings on Auto or do you set them?

Here is MS page about this, no help of course >>>
      General causes of "STOP 0x0000007F" errors

I would think maybe you are using Auto for Subtimings and it is likely causing a error, ontop of incompatible ram
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008, 12:19 AM.

Comment

No overclocking and I haven't changed any of the BIOS settings relating to memory. Are there recommended BIOS settings I should/could try before replacing the RAM?

It's Vista 32bit by the way
        Thanks
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Have you tested this ram with memtest86+ ? >>>
          Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Could just be a faulty stick

I need to know the model # and speed (Which model would also tell me) of your ram to best make some timing suggestions. But in General you would want to be using these manually entered.

Robust Graphics Booster - AUTO
          CPU Clock Ratio - 9x
          CPU Host Clock Control - Enabled
          CPU Host Frequency (MHz) -266
          PCI Express Frequency -100
          CIA 2 - DISABLED
          System Memory Multiplier (SPD) - 4.0 = 1066
          DRAM timing Selectable (SPD) Manual

For above Memeory Mutli, if you have a higher then 4 selection you will need to choose that for 1333MHz ram, or raise your FSB some

Performance Enhance - STANDARD

~ Manually set everything that is not on AUTO below ~

(If you ever get stable you can try 777-20 later on, and I can also give you settings suggestions for all settings if you decide to keep the ram if you get it stable)

CAS Latency Time - 9
          DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay - 9
          DRAM RAS# tPrecharge - 9
          Precharge Delay (tRAS) - 24

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD) - 4 AUTO
          Rank Write to Read Delay - 5 AUTO
          Write to Precharge Delay - 10 AUTO
          Refresh to ACT Delay - 62-72 (Start with 72)
          Read to Precharge Delay - 5 AUTO
          Static tREAD Value - 7 AUTO
          Static tREAD Phase Adjust - 0 AUTO
          Command Rate (CMD) - 2

System voltage Control - MANUAL
          DDR3 Overvoltage Control ______________ [manually set to 1.7V Equivalent, I believe +.3V]
          FSB Overvoltage Control -[+0.1V]
          (G)MCH Overvoltage Control___________ [+0.05V - +0.1V - +0.125]
          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008, 12:20 AM.

Comment

OK so the exact description of the RAM as purchased is
            Corsair TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX 2GB (2x XMS3 1GB) PC-10600 (1333MHz) DDR3 RAM, 2x240-pin DIMMs, Non ECC Unbuffered, 9-9-9-24 (T3X2048-1333C9D)

Can you confirm the settings for this and I'll give it a go before replacing it. Will also try memtest as well. Are the recommended BIOS settings documented anywhere, other than here via your excellent advice of course? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              DDR3 Overvoltage Control ______________ [manually set to 1.7V Equivalent, I believe +.3V] ...
              On page 10 (of my manual anyway) on the ga-ep35c-dsr3 it mentions the memory. For ddr3 there are 2 x 1.5v dimm sockets.

Check what you mem sticks need. It was a source of problems with my osz ddr3 til I bumped up.

edit: spoke too soon. I checked the link http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/T...-1333C9DHX.pdf and it looks like they are rated at 1.5. Sorry
              Last edited by sford; 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
                OK so the exact description of the RAM as purchased is
                Corsair TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX 2GB (2x XMS3 1GB) PC-10600 (1333MHz) DDR3 RAM, 2x240-pin DIMMs, Non ECC Unbuffered, 9-9-9-24 (T3X2048-1333C9D)

Can you confirm the settings for this and I'll give it a go before replacing it. Will also try memtest as well. Are the recommended BIOS settings documented anywhere, other than here via your excellent advice of course? :-)

Hello,

I own exactly the same motherboard, memory and configuration and after four months never got any blue screen so, IMMO, these Corsair mem rocks in this mobo.
                The only thing I adjusted manually in BIOS was the DDR3 voltage to 1.7V (did increase 0.2v) and timing to 9-9-9-24.
                What video card are you using?
                GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
                i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
                Corsair CX750M
                Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply. The system has been much more stable since I applied the BIOS changes provided previously. It seems to have also coincided with my Kaspersky AV stopping working, so I'm wondering if that was a factor in the bluescreens as well!
                  Good to hear that someone else has this working ok with Corsair memory.
                  My Video Card is an Ino3D 8600GT

Comment

Kaspersky is known as a non invasive virus program but it is new around. Probably yes, it could be the origin of your blue screen issue.
                    The Corsair DDR3 are doing an excellent work in my case, absolutely no complains. Runs very cool, even oced @ 1600 MHz but I must increase a lot of its wait-states.
                    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
                    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
                    Corsair CX750M
                    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Get Kapersky 2009 from their website especially if you are using Vista.

KAV 6 & 7 Keycodes will work with this latest version, so essentially it's a free official upgrade from Kapersky.

Also make sure on the M.I.T. screen you set "Performance Enhance" to STANDARD.

This one particular setting causes more problems than any one other setting for me if it's set at it's default (Turbo)
                      Last edited by VorLonUK; 07-30-2008, 11:51 AM.
                      GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Just a sidenote incase anyone reads our voltage discussion and gets confused.

1.5V slots just means the default is 1.5 (For DDR3) Just like DDR2 boards are 1.8V slots, but we all use 2.0 and so on

Comment

Working...
                        X