P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

i have been trying to get the beta bios for a ds3l motherboard but i get no answer from my 5 emails sent to Janus. does anyone here have the beta bios for the ds3l motherboard?

Comment

Maybe that is the problem. 5 emails would get you no BIOS from me as well. but I would answer your first email within a day at least!! And Janus usually answers me within a day or two.

If I was you I would check each member that posted here about having it, and see their profile and if you can send email, if not at least PM them, someone will reply to you

If you can use it F3 does not have the issue if it is that big of a deal to you, but check the CPU list as I dont know what cpu you have
      RE: Gigabyte P35 motherboards and DPC

Comment

the emails i wrotes have been since this thread began , the first two were just asking them to check the problem out. the last three have been request for the beta seeing how people were getting it in one or two days. for now i just went back to f3 it works,i got my quad overclocked to 3.0ghz with no problems. might just wait till they release something officially.

Comment

Well Hmm I guess 5 emails wasnt so bad! I thought you meant like in a day or two! HAHA

Well at least you can use F3 and dont need a new BIOS for 45nm. So it is working eh, that is good! Hopefully this will also help some others who need this fixed and do not need the newest bios's until GA releases the final fixed one

Comment

working really good, i can actually finish up the projects i got going on now. so im good till they release an update.

Comment

Nice! Hopefully this will help some others for now as well too! I know it is not a Proper fix, but like you said somethings just need to be working so people can get projects done, Hopefully this will at least help a few for now!

Comment

Anyone have any guesses how long it will take for this bios with the fix to become official?
                EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Does anyone have a beta bios for a GA-P35-DS3P, rev. 2?

I tried emailing Janus, but got a reply that he's out of town until the 18th.

Thanks.

Comment

See page 5 for fix until then

Comment

I didn't see a fix specific to my board... do you mean to roll the bios back?

Comment

Yeap!

Comment

Many thanks, Lsdmeasap. I just can't tell which bios to regress to, as they are numbered differently than the one in question. Ideas, anyone?

Comment

Well, I am not sure either. If it is that important to use to have this fixed (Meaning you need it fixed for music or video work) then I would start way back and just test them one at a time with no overclock set

Comment

I tried flashing with an earlier bios and got an error message -- The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. (Along with some numbers.) This might have been enough of an obstacle to keep me limping along for awhile, until I have time to speak with tech support.

Comment

Well, you can only flash back to a old bios version that at least supports your cpu, check the list on your board >>>
                                GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Products

Comment

Working...
                                X