X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Originally posted by ozeh View Post
    gday

I noticed Gigabyte today(or yesterday now) have released F4 final for EP35-DS3P/DS4 (probably other P35 boards too, but these are the only ones I have)

anyone know what build this probably is?

Cheers
    They released F3 final for EP35-DS3R as well. I suppose some testing is in order...

Comment

wow!
      on site .tw new beta F7h bios for my ga-g33-ds3r
      dpc 10...700 ---------> 2us !!!

(XP SP3)
      overclock OK
      beginning testing in real time application

Comment

Gigabyte EP35-DS3R, BIOS version F3 (final) results:

Ok, ran 3dMark05 and this is what I saw (yes, I know my temps are hot):

And at idle (well, while typing this post):

I think that spike towards the end was MSN Messenger notifying me that someone signed in.

Greg

Comment

Whoaa!! There's a final F11 for my P35!
          I'll make sure to try it as soon as I start my 2nd build...

Comment

1. F3 final for the EP35-DS3R fixed my cold boot problem. Booted at 400x9.5 several times now.
            2. DPC is dramatically improved... EXCEPT when any CPU-monitoring utilities are used. Try running CPU-Z or Everest CPUID, etc., with the DPC latency checker running to see this.

Comment

the offical release for the GA-P35 -DS3L-motherboard(rev.2.0) bios f8 got me to between 3 and 5 at idle this comming from having it at 800 to 1100 before. all i can say is good work

Comment

For anyone out there with a EX38-DS4 board - GA released the F4 final bios today/yesterday and it fixed the DPC issue. Spikes are more or less history now :)

Comment

Originally posted by Toadeater View Post
                  2. DPC is dramatically improved... EXCEPT when any CPU-monitoring utilities are used. Try running CPU-Z or Everest CPUID, etc., with the DPC latency checker running to see this.

I think this is normal.. I have a Intel Desktop P35 at work here and DPC (normally a flatline, little jitter) goes up a bit when running CPUZ. so I wouldn't be too worried.

Comment

Strange!

Found that all my DCP latency spikes disappear if I run two cores at 100% (with ORTHOS stress tester).
                    Can this be a power saving problem? The spikes comes then CPU is idle!
                    /op9618

Comment

I was getting solid spikes in the 2000 range with the F3 bios on my EP35-DS3P.

Just updated to the final F4 bios posted on the 18th and my latency is solid around 50, with a few spikes in the 400 range if I am scrolling, loading stuff, etc which is completely normal.

Seems the problem is fixed. I had given up and was shopping and was probably going to jump the Gigabyte ship this weekend lol.

Lucky I was too busy to do a board swap. I'll keep this board as the latency was the only problem I had, and now thats gone I'm happy.
                      EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Isn't that bad like other GA boards but could be much better. There are also sporadic red spikes that I was unable to register.
                        Any chances to have a test Bios for the EP35C-DS3R too?
                        Thanks in advance.
                        Last edited by svcglobal; 08-22-2008, 07:03 AM. Reason: To load (and see) the picture please press F5 to refresh the page...
                        GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
                        i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                        Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                        16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
                        Corsair CX750M
                        Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Interesting.... F4 has been removed from download!

Superseded by F5.. "Fix ICH9R RAID issue"

anyone know what this issues is? I'm using the removed F4 with RAID :\

edit - from my quick looking (for my EP35-DS4):

F4 (now removed) introduced ICH9R RAID ROM version 8.0.0.1039
                          F3 had version 7.5.0.1017
                          F5 has now reverted to F3's version - but DPC latency is still fixed.

sorry for offtopic post.. however as people may be upgrading to F4 to fix the related DPC issue, this is partly related.
                          Last edited by ozeh; 07-26-2008, 12:40 PM.

Comment

DPC spikes are back and even worst after upgrading from 8600GT to 8800GT (Gigabyte NX88T512HP).
                            After swiching windows with ALT+TAB from a game to any window my mouse cursor and sound start to trammel. I checked it with DPC latency checker and here is the result:

Impresive, ah?
                            Any advice how to get rid of this?
                            PS: my pc specs are as in signature, bios versions MB - F12, VC - F11 62.92.1F.00.08
                            CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (9*333)
                            MB: GA-P35-DS3R (rev2.1; bios F13)
                            DDR2: 2*2G Mushkin ES2 pc6400 ([email protected])
                            GPU: GeForce 8800GT GV-NX88T512HP
                            PSU: Sirtec 460W

Comment

I think that we must keep this thing up since I got no reply since one month ago...
                              So maybe someone could see and keep providing a solution for all of us.
                              GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
                              i5-4690K + Corsair H90
                              Sapphire Radeon R7 240
                              16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
                              Corsair CX750M
                              Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Originally posted by weckker View Post
                                DPC spikes are back and even worst after upgrading from 8600GT to 8800GT (Gigabyte NX88T512HP).
                                After swiching windows with ALT+TAB from a game to any window my mouse cursor and sound start to trammel. I checked it with DPC latency checker and here is the result:

Impresive, ah?
                                Any advice how to get rid of this?
                                PS: my pc specs are as in signature, bios versions MB - F12, VC - F11 62.92.1F.00.08
                                Drivers can cause latency issues. Try driver sweeper or a similar program to completely remove your drivers and reinstall. I know bith cards are similar but worth a try.
                                EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                                X