Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

yeah, good for you!
    ...But I'm on the other side of the fence (the one) so that won't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark AvaloN View Post
      yeah, good for you!
      ...But I'm on the other side of the fence (the one) so that won't help.
      same here
      GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
      i7-4790K
      Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
      Asus GTX 970 Strix
      Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Ocz Vector 150 240GB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
      Fractal Design R4
      Noctua NH-U14S
      SeaSonic 660XP2
      Creative Extreme Music
      U2412M
      Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

You can remove the video card drivers, reboot and do a DPC latency check anyway - it would rule out the video card if you still have spikes with the fixed bios's...
        Last edited by Moba; 06-29-2008, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpo6969 View Post
          same here
          Lol, I mean't I'm using an ATI video card...

Originally posted by Moba View Post
          You can remove the video card drivers, reboot and do a DPC latency check anyway - it would rule out the video card if you still have spikes with the fixed bios's...
          And why not also removing my mouse and keyboard drivers..? That could be the cause...

Dang, now how am I supposed to play Assassin's Creed without thouse?

Actually it may be some sort of incompatibility between my Gigabyte board and my Gigabyte video card... I might as well try somethin' different for a change...
          Last edited by Dark AvaloN; 06-29-2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Yeah my issues are def with the bios or board (my system is dual boot XP and Vista...tried testing both before and after driver install on both OSs but near same result).

I check out this thread daily, as well as the Anandtech one hoping to find a solution (some trick that works for someone else, or news of final versions of bioses). My DS3P is really stable, except for some audio skipping. I bought my board in April hoping to keep it for a long time and I am sure disappointed. I also see that the Rampage Formula is on sale at a local store for the next few days and I'm tempted to pick one up. Looks like they update their bioses a little more often and for a longer period of time.
            EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by chriskwarren View Post
              Yeah my issues are def with the bios or board (my system is dual boot XP and Vista...tried testing both before and after driver install on both OSs but near same result).

I check out this thread daily, as well as the Anandtech one hoping to find a solution (some trick that works for someone else, or news of final versions of bioses). My DS3P is really stable, except for some audio skipping. I bought my board in April hoping to keep it for a long time and I am sure disappointed. I also see that the Rampage Formula is on sale at a local store for the next few days and I'm tempted to pick one up. Looks like they update their bioses a little more often and for a longer period of time.
              So do I (check thread daily)
              Here's an old one if you haven't seen it:
              Gigabyte P35 motherboards and DPC="
              GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
              i7-4790K
              Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
              Asus GTX 970 Strix
              Fractal Design R4
              Noctua NH-U14S
              SeaSonic 660XP2
              Creative Extreme Music
              U2412M
              Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

Hi, I'm hoping I can get some help on a problem I'm having with my Gigabyte P35-DS3R. I use my computer for audio production, and consequently need excellent audio performance. There is a program called DPC_latency checker, (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml), that checks how...
                GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
                i7-4790K
                Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
                Asus GTX 970 Strix
                Fractal Design R4
                Noctua NH-U14S
                SeaSonic 660XP2
                Creative Extreme Music
                U2412M
                Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

I've got a hold of beta BIOS v. F4b for EP35-DS4 rev. 2.1. Haven't tried them yet but I been reading that that should more or less eliminate the latency spikes. I also know that you can't change the CPU voltage with these BIOS so beware. It'll keep the current settings as long as you don't clear the CMOS after flashing. Got them from Dan at the Cakewalk tread.
                  Here's a link:
                  ep35ds4.f4b

Will get post here as soon as I've tried them.

Comment

Originally posted by fimpen_b View Post
                    I've got a hold of beta BIOS v. F4b for EP35-DS4 rev. 2.1. Haven't tried them yet but I been reading that that should more or less eliminate the latency spikes. I also know that you can't change the CPU voltage with these BIOS so beware. It'll keep the current settings as long as you don't clear the CMOS after flashing. Got them from Dan at the Cakewalk tread.
                    Here's a link:
                    ep35ds4.f4b

Will get post here as soon as I've tried them.
                    OK, running with the new BIOS, F4b, and there's a huge improvement. The latency spikes are more or less completely gone. From having spikes around 1600 us every other second I now have a smooth pattern that stays within 2-30 us. I've only had one spike the last half hour that went up to 2400 us, don't know why yet but it's just been one. (I'm not running Dynamic Energy Saver of course.) If you have the EP35-DS4 motherboard I recommend to try it out.

(Picture taken before spike)

Edit: Ok, I occasionally have spikes around 2400 us, with about a five minute interval.
                    Edit2: DON'T FORGET! You can't change the CPU voltage with these BIOS so beware. It'll keep the current settings as long as you don't clear the CMOS after flashing.
                    Last edited by fimpen_b; 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpo6969 View Post
                      So do I (check thread daily)
                      Here's an old one if you haven't seen it:
                      Gigabyte P35 motherboards and DPC="
                      Please get a beta bios from Gigabyte and try Forceware 175.19 - I do not have any spikes anymore and I'm using the same eVGA card as you ;)

Edit: Nevermind, the spikes are back on my system...no idea why - sigh :(
                      Last edited by Moba; 06-30-2008, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I installed the Nvidia 175.19 drivers too but no improvement. I managed to locate the spikes though. When I open e.g Outlook 2007 I get a huge spike (around 2000 us). Someone got any idea what that's about? Suppose it got something to do with the graphics... Huge difference though with the new BIOS but not perfect...
                        Last edited by fimpen_b; 06-30-2008, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moba View Post
                          Edit: Nevermind, the spikes are back on my system...no idea why - sigh :(

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                            Hey, reading all of your posts I see you have EP35-DS4. Correct?

If so I do not know where you see a rev 1 BIOS at, as there is NO rev 1 EP35-DS4, ONLY Rev. 2.1.

*EDIT*
                            I see now, That post by Mumid MUST be for a Rev. 1 P35-DS4

I will open it up and see what I can find inside to be sure

But yeah, that for sure would not work for you being that is a Rev 1 BIOS. Now a P35-DS4 Rev 1 might, it would be risky but it might. A Rev 1 for sure would not.

That is why EP35-DS4 is the same rev as the last P35-DS4, as I said in that one post above same board. But still not sure you should even flash with a P35-DS4 rev 2.1 BIOS. But for sure you cannot use what Mumid posted as I think it is P35 Rev 1
                            It is for a rev2.0 board mate. I have upgraded to an Asus P5Q Deluxe P45 board now anyway and that has no DPC issues but as I say that bios did completely fix my DPC latency issues on the Gigabyte. All I can say is there are other things that can cause latency issues and but I think Gigabyte are working hard on the bios problem anyway. There were also other fixes in that bios e.g. i could now select 'Extreme' memory performance enhancement. That F13e beta bios was the best bios I used for P35-DS4 and like i say it totally fixed the latency issue.

Comment

Thanks kpo....I found those threads (inc the cakewalk one) through this thread (you may have posted those too so thanks again).

I have decided to let my wallet do my talking for now on (ie, I won't touch a Creative Labs product anymore for me or systems I build for others) but I am at a loss as what I should do here in this case; wait for the P45 boards to mature a bit and give Gigabyte another chance (I like their DQ6 boards) or get an Asus board (my last two from them were problematic which was a reason I tried Gigabyte this time).

Seems that Gigabyte tends to EOL their boards fairly quickly but I cannot back that up(edit: the 680i Asus board has gotten an update for support new cpus May 08, while the last update from Gigabyte for that board was last December 07 End edit)...anybody else notice this or should I be corrected?
                              Last edited by chriskwarren; 06-30-2008, 12:29 PM. Reason: Found some new info
                              EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by chriskwarren View Post
                                Thanks kpo....I found those threads (inc the cakewalk one) through this thread (you may have posted those too so thanks again).

I have decided to let my wallet do my talking for now on (ie, I won't touch a Creative Labs product anymore for me or systems I build for others) but I am at a loss as what I should do here in this case; wait for the P45 boards to mature a bit and give Gigabyte another chance (I like their DQ6 boards) or get an Asus board (my last two from them were problematic which was a reason I tried Gigabyte this time).

Seems that Gigabyte tends to EOL their boards fairly quickly but I cannot back that up...anybody else notice this or should I be corrected?
                                I agree totally on both accounts:
                                1. Zonar will be my next card, after being a Creative customer for almost 20 years. The old SB Live was the best card out of all of them.
                                2. Depends on how much $ it costs at initial purchase. Life expectency seems to corralate with initial $ outlay.
                                GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
                                i7-4790K
                                Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
                                Asus GTX 970 Strix
                                Fractal Design R4
                                Noctua NH-U14S
                                SeaSonic 660XP2
                                Creative Extreme Music
                                U2412M
                                Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X