Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well they are trying to fix it for P35 as you can see from the MANY Beta BIOS's in this thread, but it may be out of their hands as fixable with just a BIOS update. Some of them seem to be fixing it some do not. The fact that it is fixed in P45, as suggested previously in this thread, may mean that is a actual hardware issue that was easily fixed on the production end, but not so easily fixed on the BIOS front. Which is why there have been so many releases with some working and some not so far

Well for the purposes of where you pulled that quote yes they are the same. And that quote also likely applied to P35-DS4 rev 2.1, which is the more the same as EP35-DS4. Not so much is true for lesser Revisions of P35-DS4. They finalized the hardware and testing for the DES in P35-DS4 2.1 and when they found it to be correct they started production of the EP35 model. There may or may not be some minor hardware differences and you pulling that quote from a NON BIOS discussion is not helping you in this discussion as different topics are being discussed with clearly different and possibly devastating results

But either way BIOS's are coded per board and unless you want a brick motherboard you must use a BIOS for your board model and Revision

Sure, it may work in some instances to use a different board revision or even different model BIOS in a non matching board. But it is Highly NOT recommended unless you have tons of free cash and do not mind buying a new board. Flashing a mismatched BETA BIOS is asking for even more issues. Sometimes a flash even from a different revision number such as a rev 1.0 being flashed with a 2.1 BIOS would not work, other times it would. High risk of failure is likely though either way. As you can see here Janus says it is ok, >>>

There is programs out there that would allow you to even add things into the BIOS such as settings into a P35-DS3 that are only in a P35-DQ6, but you do not often see someone taking that chance. A BIOS flash is risky with the correct version/model Doing it with a mismatch is just asking for it again.

All up to you I suppose and how bad you actually HAVE TO have a working board
    Ok, thanks for the elaborate answer. Nice to know the reason behind things. Ok, on-topic:

Originally posted by homeriv View Post
    Well, the problem seems to have stopped. I can't say I did anything to make it stop. The only change I made was to disable the serial and parallel ports in the Bios. I was not intending for this action to fix my audio problem, and I'm not going to claim it did, I was only trying to tie up all the loose ends in the Bios. However the audio is fine now.
    Tried disabeling with no luck. Waiting for BIOS... I did however disable Dynamic Energy Saver which helped a lot. The spikes went down from 6000-7000 us to around 1200 us.
    Last edited by fimpen_b; 06-27-2008, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Hey, reading all of your posts I see you have EP35-DS4. Correct?

If so I do not know where you see a rev 1 BIOS at, as there is NO rev 1 EP35-DS4, ONLY Rev. 2.1.

*EDIT*
      I see now, That post by Mumid MUST be for a Rev. 1 P35-DS4

I will open it up and see what I can find inside to be sure

But yeah, that for sure would not work for you being that is a Rev 1 BIOS. Now a P35-DS4 Rev 1 might, it would be risky but it might. A Rev 1 for sure would not.

That is why EP35-DS4 is the same rev as the last P35-DS4, as I said in that one post above same board. But still not sure you should even flash with a P35-DS4 rev 2.1 BIOS. But for sure you cannot use what Mumid posted as I think it is P35 Rev 1
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-27-2008, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Well sorry man, I could not find a Revision # in there, so you will just have to PM that member and ask to be sure. This was all I could find >>>

Just shows P35-DS4 no revision numbers. But from what you posted I can say I think it is Rev 1 BIOS because if it was a rev 2.1 BIOS it would likely have not given you that error, and let you flash with it
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-27-2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

So, there's not even going to be a f12 for my P35C-DS3R 2.0?

Come on, please at least make a final one... You guys can do it!

lsdmeasap please talk to them!
          Last edited by Dark AvaloN; 06-28-2008, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I am sure they likely will once they figure it out

Comment

Well they are trying to fix it for P35 as you can see from the MANY Beta BIOS's in this thread, but it may be out of their hands as fixable with just a BIOS update. Some of them seem to be fixing it some do not. The fact that it is fixed in P45, as suggested previously in this thread, may mean that is a actual hardware issue that was easily fixed on the production end, but not so easily fixed on the BIOS front. Which is why there have been so many releases with some working and some not so far
              Please share since that seems to indicate you know something.

Originally posted by Dark AvaloN View Post
              So, there's not even going to be a f12 for my P35C-DS3R 2.0?

Come on, please at least make a final one... You guys can do it!

lsdmeasap please talk to them!
              I am sure they likely will once they figure it out
              P35-DS3L 2.0 included also?
              GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
              i7-4790K
              Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
              Asus GTX 970 Strix
              Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Ocz Vector 150 240GB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
              Fractal Design R4
              Noctua NH-U14S
              SeaSonic 660XP2
              Creative Extreme Music
              U2412M
              Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

BIOS updates do not roll out daily. It is tough programming and testing before they release them. Did you look on google? Many are posted by different people who have gotten them thru Gigabyte support, other then the many that are posted throughout this thread.

You said for me to share since I know something, what did you mean by that?

Comment

The fact that it is fixed in P45, as suggested previously in this thread, may mean that is a actual hardware issue that was easily fixed on the production end, but not so easily fixed on the BIOS front.
                  That
                  GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
                  i7-4790K
                  Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
                  Asus GTX 970 Strix
                  Fractal Design R4
                  Noctua NH-U14S
                  SeaSonic 660XP2
                  Creative Extreme Music
                  U2412M
                  Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kpo6969 View Post
                    GA-P35-DS3L
                    Current bios F8f
                    Beta's tried F8i, F8t
                    Other bios by other users (fail) F8n
                    posts #278, 279
                    RE: Gigabyte P35 motherboards and DPC

Was also sent F7
                    Wolfdale requires F8a
                    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0)
                    I still have not seen a reply from the powers that be concerning this popular, now forgotten mobo.
                    BIOS updates do not roll out daily. It is tough programming and testing before they release them. Did you look on google? Many are posted by different people who have gotten them thru Gigabyte support, other then the many that are posted throughout this thread.

You said for me to share since I know something, what did you mean by that?
                    Did I miss any?
                    And yes I use Google.
                    GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
                    i7-4790K
                    Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
                    Asus GTX 970 Strix
                    Fractal Design R4
                    Noctua NH-U14S
                    SeaSonic 660XP2
                    Creative Extreme Music
                    U2412M
                    Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

Sorry, I thought the P45 fixed it was addressed in this thread, maybe not. Here ya go, fixed in P45 >>>
                      DPC issues still present in Gigabyte EP45 boards? - XtremeSystems Forums

Yes, there is a few other BIOS's posted in this thread, Here is one for your board from Softpedia F8f >>>

All BIOS's For GA-P35-DS3L
                      Download Gigabyte Bios drivers - page 1 - Softpedia

Have you emailed Janus?

What you want to do really is wait until they get it fixed, if they can, and then get the final version. Because beta's usually fix one thing and mess something else up from what I have found in using them (Normally Memory errors)

Comment

1.If you even read my post you would see I am using F8f already
                        2.Where do you think I got the beta's F8i and F8t from?
                        3.Where did you get the idea I needed help or info with P45?

Interesting
                        GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
                        i7-4790K
                        Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
                        Asus GTX 970 Strix
                        Fractal Design R4
                        Noctua NH-U14S
                        SeaSonic 660XP2
                        Creative Extreme Music
                        U2412M
                        Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kpo6969 View Post
                          1.If you even read my post you would see I am using F8f already
                          2.Where do you think I got the beta's F8i and F8t from?
                          3.Where did you get the idea I needed help or info with P45?

Interesting
                          Yes, I read it, but seemed you wanted MORE so I gave you a source is all.

Originally posted by kpo6969
                          The fact that it is fixed in P45, as suggested previously in this thread, may mean that is a actual hardware issue that was easily fixed on the production end, but not so easily fixed on the BIOS front.
                          There, I thought you meant share some info about what I said concerning P45. Yes I do read your post, but with so many users posting here and only about 10% of them putting Spec's in their signature it is often hard to keep up with who is using what on what day

I see you are from PA, but I find some of your posts either confusing or just written too short. So sorry for my replies, I sometimes am not sure what you are asking by the way you post your replies.

Either way, There you have some P45 info needed or not, and everyone else who may ask while tired of waiting on a reply from Janus can look there for a beta BIOS. Also, everyone can check thru these threads >>>
                          The Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 289 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
                          Official GIGABYTE X38-DQ6/X38T-DQ6 Info/BIOS Thread - Page 112 - XtremeSystems Forums

Many Beta's posted for various versions not listed in the titles as well

Comment

Either way, There you have some P45 info needed or not, and everyone else who may ask while tired of waiting on a reply from Janus can look there for a beta BIOS. Also, everyone can check thru these threads >>>
                            The Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 289 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
                            Official GIGABYTE X38-DQ6/X38T-DQ6 Info/BIOS Thread - Page 112 - XtremeSystems Forums

Many Beta's posted for various versions not listed in the titles as well
                            The Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 284 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
                            post #2836

For Abit users EVERYWHERE!! UNITE!! - XtremeSystems Forums
                            post #6

You can find my system specs there in the two forums you referred to.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                            GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
                            i7-4790K
                            Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
                            Asus GTX 970 Strix
                            Fractal Design R4
                            Noctua NH-U14S
                            SeaSonic 660XP2
                            Creative Extreme Music
                            U2412M
                            Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

Ahh, seems we are both everywhere! Ya, I just see many users posts daily here and everywhere else so it is just hard to keep track of sometimes. Especially when specs are not in siggy's and people change hardware on page 3 of a 6 page post. Not meaning you or anything, just in general.

I wish you luck with your DPC issue, I assume I have it, but it dont affect me in anything I do. but I do plan to get a P45-DQ6 once I get the cash, just looks like a superb board!!

Comment

I posted this on Tom's H. :

"I have a permanent fix for the P35 DS3R Rev. 1.

I upgraded to bios F12j (F5 and F12h gave similar results). Unfortunately, I was still getting nasty DPC latency spikes using these at first (up to 8000+), although much smoother than F11 and workable for audio work.

Then I upgraded my Nvidia drivers to Forceware 177.35 and all hell broke loose. I had weird DPC spikes every few seconds. I got suspicious, and tested Forceware versions from 167.** to 177.** - and found a fix. The recently pulled Forceware 175.19 solved ALL the DPC latency spikes on my system. These drivers were pulled because of poor benchmarks, but I can confirm that all DPC latency spikes are gone, even under load!!

Before, opening and closing programs or maximizing a window would cause spikes - all gone now."

System ran for 12 hours, with DPC Latency Checker, doing various tasks before taking a screenshot...

Good luck :)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X