P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Oh thats a bummer the X48 has it too, i was gonna get one but i guess i wont now. Thats means it affects all Gigabyte boards since P35. I havent seen anyone with P965 chipset report the problem.

@ Dewdman. Yap, i tried the Latency checker on a clean install of windows, like from the first boot after installation when there are no drivers on the machine and it still happens.

Comment

The beta-bios 7f cures the dpc latency completely for the X48 !! It is a bios thing..

Comment

I got a beta bios for the X38 and it improves it alot but its still there.

Comment

Gigabyte Team!

My GA-G33-DS3R has a "DPC latency problem" on bios F5...F7f(beta).
          Please fix this on future motherboard's bios releases!!!

I am ready to test pre-Beta bios.

Thank you.

Comment

I just tested my EP35-DS3P and it also regularly spikes to 1000-1100 with BIOS F2....have NOT tried the new F3beta...
            Take care,
            Rick
            GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Comment

I have a bad feeling that it is something that cant be fixed with a bios update. Its too widespread across too many boards, im just gonna get another brand. Ive had too many headaches about this for too long. Its a shame bcoz i liked Gigabyte and I really hope the P45's dont have this problem, but at the moment i cant recommend Gigabyte motherboards to my customers.

Comment

I just want to say that I just installed the beta bios "13b" that was provided to me from Janus in Gigabyte Tech support for the GA-P35-DS4(rev2.0) and it works like a champ. with F12, and a barebones simple new XP Pro install, not even a soundcard installed, I was seeing regular speaks in the 700us range and occasionally some around 1500us. Installed F13b and now a "spike" is 40us, even when I am moving the mouse around like crazy...and often times it is under 10us.

I think Gigabyte is on top of the issue, whatever it is. Let's hope it makes it out into all of their board's production BIOS releases.

By the way, a Q6600 is in my board and its overclocked lightly to 3.01ghz and working fine with this bios, but I left the settings from the previous BIOS in order to retain the vcore settings.

Anyway, just wanted to report something positive.

Comment

hey there i was wondering if there is a beta for the ds3l motherboard for the dpc latency spiking? if there is where or who would i have to contact?

Comment

Janus is who you would contact about that, see post #7 on page one of this thread for email addy

Comment

I just got DPC fix bios for ep35-ds3r (F3F bios) from Janus. I will test it tonight and let you guys know the result.

Comment

Just got this board (EP35-DS3P...F3 BIOS) a week ago and haven't done any editing on it yet...DPC checker does indeed show regular spikes around 800-900...not interested in trying out beta BIOSes...you think Gigabyte will correct this or should I bring this board back while I still have a chance? My shop I buy from will accept this board back during the next few days but this issue isn't mission critical for me right now but I do some audio/video work from time to time and I actually never thought this could be an issue (board is great so far)
                        EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

I'm using my EP35-DS4 for audio and video work, and it performs fine even with the F3 (official release) BIOS. I'm running the beta BIOS right now, but the only real difference is better low latency performance with 64 or 128 sample buffers when using ASIO drivers. Performance is about the same with WDM drivers whether you use the official BIOS or the beta BIOS, at least with M-Audio drivers.

It's a fine motherboard, and Gigabyte is working on the DPC spiking issue. I decided to keep mine, but I suggest you try all of your programs and see if the performance is acceptable to you.
                          Last edited by aspenleaf; 05-02-2008, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Since i got the new bios i have been testing it often and this is what i got first boot this morning, only with 1 webpage open. Its not usually this bad but.....

X38-DQ6 F9b bios.

When i rebooted it was better but still not great. Does anyone know the cause of this thing?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by badonkadonk; 05-04-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I tried the F3F bios for EP35-DS3R. It works great with my Q6600 @ 400*8. No more spike!

Comment

I had the DPC problem on a P35-S3G board with the latest F4b BIOS. I wrote to Janus and he sent me the beta F4e BIOS, which solved all my problems. Thanks for great support!

Comment

Working...
                                X