Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

When it rains, it pours!

Just my luck when I think ordering a different brand will solved my mobo nightmare... the Abit P35 mobo I just received from Newegg.com is DOA!!

BTW, I think Newegg screens and filters out bad reviews on their products. I just realized none of my negative reviews were posted! Things that makes you go hmmm... so buyers beware if you normally buy from newegg. Another questionable practice by them is they charge $$$ ($27 for my mobo) when RMA for refund. I could understand if i'm returning a functioning unit but this thing is DOA!! Grrr....

Lastly, I don't think it has anything to anyone's memory sticks... mine set of 4GB OCZ DDR2 800 runs perfectly fine on my bro's workstation running Vista. My system ran XP.
    Last edited by techman; 12-02-2007, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Hi, I am yet another of the HUGE amount of people unlucky enough to have purchased a P35C-DS3R!
      Never had problems with Gigabyte motherboards before, but what in gods name have they done with this one

My problem.......

Spec - Core2Duo E6750, 8800GTX, 2Gb OCZ Ram and a nice Thermaltake Kandalf Water cooled tower with a Thermaltake 8800GTX water cooler.

So, the build was easy - got all the water cooling stuff done, connected all components, fed the water through the system and switched it on........

All the lights are on - but nobody is at home!!!!!!!
      It just sits there looking pretty - but does not put out an image to the monitor and also does not make any beeps.

So far I have tried another graphics card, 1Gb of memory, disconnected all components and tried them in my other PC (all working fine)!

Does this mean that its a DEAD board? Reset the bios - no help.

Typical - this is my week off and now looks like I will have to return it. Another problem is that my kids managed to kill the outer box that the motherboard came in.

Sums up what kind of week I've had!

Had the motherboard for 3 weeks - if only I'd known! They should send out a warning to people buying this model!

Comment

i noticed alot of people have this problem with OCZ ram and ram that is rated at 8500. Coincidence? I don't know. I have never read anything good about OCZ ram. I'm not sure why people buy it when they can get Ballistix or Corsair (2gigs) for $50 or less.

This board can be very finicky!

Comment

Hi I have a GA-P35C-DS3R and built this comp around the end of august and it was running good until i recently installed new ram(Corsair Xms2 DDR2 800 pc2 6400 1 gb) on the computer and i booted up my comp and it gave me this weird message i dont know the exact words but it said sumthing about "auto updating bios........" then the computer rebooted and it started restarting itself every 3 seconds. i waited after a couple restarts and nothing happen. I powered down the comp and tried to reset bios to see if that would help. but now all it does is just turn on. could any one give me an answer =[

also how long is the gigabyte warranty on mobos?

Specs
          GA-P35C-DS3R
          Q6600 @ 2.4 ghz
          Nvideo evga 7950gt
          OCZ Game Extreme Power supply (700 watt)
          2x1 gb Patriot Extreme DDR2 800 pc2 64000
          Windows Vista Ult 32bit

Comment

I'm running 2x1gb OCZ PC9200 at 1066 rather than stock 1150 without any problems (apart from vdimm thats why im not going to bother overclocking).

There was an initial problem with Crucial ram when I bought my ram, some had to use a spare stick of DDR2 update BIOS etc before putting Crucial ram in, but its been solved by recent BIOS's. On a cost front OCZ was cheaper than Crucial at my time of purchasing, UK based where RAM costs about twice what it does in USA.

Comment

Just curious what Bios and voltages/timings you have your memory at?

Also, I can run my memory fine with only two sticks, it's when I have all 4 slots used (DDR2) that I have the problems.

Comment

After a bit of advice now... I'm looking at this board:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=615971

What are your thoughts?

Intel 6600 2.4 Quad
                Corsair
                2gb CM2X1024-8500C5D 1066MHz
                ATi Radeon X1950
                Last edited by x2srj; 12-04-2007, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Depends on your budget.... you could get a new x38/x48 board if it's not out of the budget.

Otherwise that would be a solid choice for you current rig. My old board was an Asus and It is still going strong 3 years later.

Comment

Ok, the model I've looked at is

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=669220

Can I ask what benefits it's actually going to give me over the other board I mentioned..

cheers for your help Kingme24

Comment

It has a higher FSB, supports higher memory frequencies, and it also supports PCI express 2.0.

All of which are important, not to mention I would imagine it would have better support for future processors.

Comment

I received a response to the endless reboot loop issue, cut and pasted in its entirety below:

Dear customer,

The system only turns on for a couple of seconds then shuts off
                        1) Check if the CPU fan is connected to the CPUFAN1 connector (For K7 M/B only)
                        2) The CPU might be overheated. Change the CPU FAN or check if the CPU fan/heat sink is in proper contact with the CPU.
                        3) Remove the heat sink and clean out the contact area between the CPU and the heat sink. Re-apply the thermal grease on the CPU again.
                        4) Clear CMOS - by disconnecting the power cord from the power supply and removing the CMOS battery for 2 minutes.
                        5) Make sure the power supply you have on your system support the M/B specification. Example. If you have a P4 M/B, you need to use an ATX v2.03 specification power supply. (Power supply that have an extra 4-pin square connector)
                        6) If you already checked the power supply specification, change the power supply it might be defective.
                        7) Remove the M/B from the case and install only the CPU and CPU cooling fan on the M/B to test the system. The M/B might be shorted to the case.
                        8) If the problem still persists, either the CPU or the M/B might be defective. Please test the CPU on the other system to see if it is functioning properly.

If the CPU is fine, please contact your vendor for diagnosing your M/B or a replacement, if under their warranty. If it"s not, please vist ( rma.gigabyte-usa.com ) for rma request.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisD View Post
                          I received a response to the endless reboot loop issue, cut and pasted in its entirety below:

Dear customer,

The system only turns on for a couple of seconds then shuts off
                          1) Check if the CPU fan is connected to the CPUFAN1 connector (For K7 M/B only)
                          2) The CPU might be overheated. Change the CPU FAN or check if the CPU fan/heat sink is in proper contact with the CPU.
                          3) Remove the heat sink and clean out the contact area between the CPU and the heat sink. Re-apply the thermal grease on the CPU again.
                          4) Clear CMOS - by disconnecting the power cord from the power supply and removing the CMOS battery for 2 minutes.
                          5) Make sure the power supply you have on your system support the M/B specification. Example. If you have a P4 M/B, you need to use an ATX v2.03 specification power supply. (Power supply that have an extra 4-pin square connector)
                          6) If you already checked the power supply specification, change the power supply it might be defective.
                          7) Remove the M/B from the case and install only the CPU and CPU cooling fan on the M/B to test the system. The M/B might be shorted to the case.
                          8) If the problem still persists, either the CPU or the M/B might be defective. Please test the CPU on the other system to see if it is functioning properly.

If the CPU is fine, please contact your vendor for diagnosing your M/B or a replacement, if under their warranty. If it"s not, please vist ( rma.gigabyte-usa.com ) for rma request.

Thank you

LOL, I have to wonder what type of tech support Gigabyte employs. They want to blame the problem on anything other than their own product! Sometime I think we know more about their own products than they do.

Are they even reading what their customers are telling them? More than one person in this thread had already tried removing all their add-ons except a CPU. Now they want to suggest it's a CPU or power supply problem?

Why is it so hard to admit they pushed out a bad batch or poor product quality control? It's this constant denial that is making me even more angry over purchasing this mobo. They bet know I'lll be spreading bad reviews regarding this experience!

Comment

Hello to all of you ...
                            I need help for something (for a start, sorry for my English :-)
                            Yesterday i bought a Pc system with motherboard ga-p35c-ds3r and memory KINGSTON 1024MB HYPERX 1066 (2x sticks) , although they "run" at 1066, the system recognize them at 800 !!!
                            My cpu is intel core 2 duo E6850 (333x9 ~ 3000Ghz) .... i looked on my board that next to 1066 it had this : " (OC) " ... i assume it is overclocking ! So i' m wondering that maybe i need to change something from BIOS : system memory multiplier (SPD) - i think if i put it x3.2 i will have 1066, but i' m not sure! (is there AND something else i need to do?)
                            And the other question is , am i going to loose my warranty if i overclock the memory? (THE MEMORY I BOUGHT TO RUN AT 1066 AND NOT AT 800!!!) - and of course the motherboard's case had with big black letters that it can "handle" memory at 1066!!! So what am i going to do, i paid a lot of money more for these memory sticks ... Help me please! THANKS!!!!!!!!
                            p.s. .. i have the latest Bios!

Comment

Originally posted by hasiotis_john View Post
                              Hello to all of you ...
                              I need help for something (for a start, sorry for my English :-)
                              Yesterday i bought a Pc system with motherboard ga-p35c-ds3r and memory KINGSTON 1024MB HYPERX 1066 (2x sticks) , although they "run" at 1066, the system recognize them at 800 !!!
                              My cpu is intel core 2 duo E6850 (333x9 ~ 3000Ghz) .... i looked on my board that next to 1066 it had this : " (OC) " ... i assume it is overclocking ! So i' m wondering that maybe i need to change something from BIOS : system memory multiplier (SPD) - i think if i put it x3.2 i will have 1066, but i' m not sure! (is there AND something else i need to do?)
                              And the other question is , am i going to loose my warranty if i overclock the memory? (THE MEMORY I BOUGHT TO RUN AT 1066 AND NOT AT 800!!!) - and of course the motherboard's case had with big black letters that it can "handle" memory at 1066!!! So what am i going to do, i paid a lot of money more for these memory sticks ... Help me please! THANKS!!!!!!!!
                              p.s. .. i have the latest Bios!

go to www.anadtech.com. check out the cpu/overclocking in forums. You will find all the info you will need to overclock your computer. Don't panic. You are doing fine. At least you are not getting the cycle reboot problem :)

Comment

I am now experiencing the constant reboot problem also. In my case, the case fans start to spin but the CPU fan and video card fan do not. Then I hear the beep and it starts all over again.

Q6600
                                EVGA 8800 Ultra
                                Corsair 2X1 1GB DDR2 800 C4
                                (nothing OC)

Pulled the battery and tried to short the jumpers and moved my ram around without any success. I do not know my BIOS rev as it has been a long time since I updated and can't start my computer at the moment.

Looks like my best option is to buy a different MB :(
                                Last edited by persh33; 12-06-2007, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X