Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

@persh33

Yes once you end up with the constant reboot your only option is to RMA. After going through 2 brand new P35-DS3R boards I just picked up an ABIT IP35 pro which so far I'm very happy with.

Comment

When I took away my CPU there is no more reboots and the fans are spinning...could the CPU be defective?

Comment

I suppose it could be, however mine and from what I can tell a lot of other people experience the exact same symptoms.

Comment

And i have some symptoms more or less like yours! ... sometimes (2 in a week) if i let the PC closed for some hours _ when i turn it on , the CPU's fan is not working properly (it's like it trying to start and then it stops and again the same...) and of course the PC don't start at all! After a minute with reboots , it starts normally (i assume when the temperature is more, on the CPU)
          And today i had my first "blue" screen
          But no reboot so far.... but as i saw in many forums .... they appear after some time --- so , i' m waiting for the jackpot!
          Developers of this motherboard , we want a newer BIOS update with NO problems ... or give us a new board!

Comment

im glad I found this forum, I just bought some Corsair Dominator pc8500 ram, and I couldent get it stable at stock 1066, 4 1gb chips, reducing to 2 helped but pc still crashed, and memtest was showing nothing but errors on all my sticks, which I see as unlikely, bumping voltage didnt help with all 4 in, crashes left and right, setting the memory ratio down and overclocking the cpu to 2.84 ghz (e6400), with ram at 1050mhz is stable, with all ram slots used, very wierd that 16mhz higher is so unstable, the computer is not even close to overheating, and going over 1066 is not usable either, I hope they fix this in a future bios update if possible, because its kind of annoying underclocking my ram when its not the problem (no errors on memtest @1050).

Comment

I just made a stability test with the latest EVEREST Ultimate Edition an here is the result!

Although i don't like the voltage of dimms (2.27) , i tried ALL the combinations from BIOS (0.1 , 0,2 ,...) but with NO result ... i get the same! I'm not sure if this value is right , but as i have read in previous posts , it's NOT! I don't know what to do!
              Today i had 3 random reboots (with blue screen) when running "heavily" apps and I've lowered the system memory multiplier (spd) , so my memory is again at 800 speed (although it's for 1066) - and the system IS OK with some time of "heavy" use (games, 3d studio max , stability tests...)
              I think a have to accept this settings for the memory ...
              Any suggestions about the test above ... !?
              My system ...
              CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)
              Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R (3 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, 2 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
              System Memory 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
              DIMM1: Kingston 9905316-076.A00LF 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-16 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-11 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
              DIMM3: Kingston 9905316-076.A00LF 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-16 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-11 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
              (even everest sees the memory at 800 , although its at 1066 ...what the f...?)
              Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD 3870 (512 MB)
              Disk Drive WDC WD5000AAKS-00YGA0 (465 GB, IDE)
              DMI BIOS Version F8

Edit : In BIOS , i have CIA2 in turbo mode and Performance Enhance in turbo also!
              I did the same stability test again for 1 hour with NO problems! (have same temps)
              Last edited by hasiotis_john; 12-10-2007, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Got an RMA for my board; Scan are taking that back and the memory (probably to test) but have agreed I can change for another board.... finally I should have a stable machine! I'm going for a different brand, Gigabyte you have scared my brain with your products..

Comment

I have the same MB. At first I just thought it was my inexperience with M.I.T. in the bios, but I figured all that out with reading several OC'ers forums and this site... nice guide... at any rate I have given up on this MB and will seek RMA or refund if thats possible. A refund would be best... what would I do w/ another MB except frame it and hang it on the wall?

I'm using the f8 bios revision... heres what I've found... setting OC voltages don't stick. ex. if I set vCore to 1.3750v bios PC health reports 1.328v and CPUz reports 1.328 - 1.344. The only way I would keep this MB in service is if these voltage issue could be fixed with a bios revision and that still may not do much since MB northbrigde seems to have issues with heat and I have 10 fans plus the OCZ RAM Cooler.

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund instead of an RMA replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by nio View Post
                    I have the same MB. At first I just thought it was my inexperience with M.I.T. in the bios, but I figured all that out with reading several OC'ers forums and this site... nice guide... at any rate I have given up on this MB and will seek RMA or refund if thats possible. A refund would be best... what would I do w/ another MB except frame it and hang it on the wall?

I'm using the f8 bios revision... heres what I've found... setting OC voltages don't stick. ex. if I set vCore to 1.3750v bios PC health reports 1.328v and CPUz reports 1.328 - 1.344. The only way I would keep this MB in service is if these voltage issue could be fixed with a bios revision and that still may not do much since MB northbrigde seems to have issues with heat and I have 10 fans plus the OCZ RAM Cooler.

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund instead of an RMA replacement?
                    depends where you bought it\
                    try getting them to give you another brand
                    even if you get another board the voltage differences will still be there
                    gigabyte bios coders need to go back to school

Comment

my setup was
                      C2D e6850
                      Geil 533mhz DDR2
                      Evga 8800 gts 320
                      with the ga-p35c-ds3r, when i first received it. First boot it entered the continuous reboots and thought i had ****ed something up took it all apart and steered at it for abit and put it back together and it worked?!? Well worked for 3 months and then i got the loop again but this time it wont go away. So have rma'd it, this board is nice with its ddr2/3 support also for the 45nm cpus, but this is a serious problem which faults these boards hugely, fix this gigabyte or do a recall or something, this is a beyond a joke. Just look at the amount of threads that have be created around the internet about this problem.

Comment

Just look into the mirror and say the following....

There is no problem.
                        There is no problem.
                        There is no problem.
                        Did your problem go away? I guess it only works for Gigabyte

Comment

Originally posted by mrfatboy View Post
                          Did your problem go away? I guess it only works for Gigabyte
                          yes so true

Comment

Originally posted by zsamz_ View Post
                            depends where you bought it\
                            try getting them to give you another brand
                            even if you get another board the voltage differences will still be there
                            gigabyte bios coders need to go back to school
                            I don't care about the differences, I can work with that... it's this MB's problem of not holding the overvoltages. Ex: Top vCore I could get was 1.364 and I had moved it up 3 times to almost 1.4, but PC Health Status never budged over 1.364

nio

Comment

Originally posted by nio View Post
                              I'm using the f8 bios revision... heres what I've found... setting OC voltages don't stick. ex. if I set vCore to 1.3750v bios PC health reports 1.328v and CPUz reports 1.328 - 1.344.
                              Most all intel boards do this, its called vdroop. Some are worse than others though.

Comment

Well supposedly Gigabyte can fix this, i don't know how but i just got an email from whom i purchased my GA-P35C-DS3R saying that there technical department has sent mine onto Gigabyte Australia to repair and now wont be getting my motherboard back until next year some time. Extremely Unhappy with this Gigabyte

Comment

Working...
                                X