Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Originally posted by x2srj View Post
    Got an RMA for my board; Scan are taking that back and the memory (probably to test) but have agreed I can change for another board.... finally I should have a stable machine! I'm going for a different brand, Gigabyte you have scared my brain with your products..
    Just thought I'd humour people in my scenario...

Scan received my board and it had been damaged in the post so they rejected the RMA!!!! I've complained to RoyalMail who are now investigating!

typically....

Comment

Originally posted by Distorter View Post
      Well supposedly Gigabyte can fix this, i don't know how but i just got an email from whom i purchased my GA-P35C-DS3R saying that there technical department has sent mine onto Gigabyte Australia to repair and now wont be getting my motherboard back until next year some time. Extremely Unhappy with this Gigabyte

Lot of problems with this board... NO official answers from Gigabyte , NO new BIOS that probably will fix some issues, bad politic with RMA replacements (like Distorter's and so many others) ... etc ... Although i use Gigabyte boards for some years, i think this one ...is going to be the last one from this company !!! Shame...

Comment

I hear ya, they have been avoiding my questions to them like the plauge, and instead telling me to try things I already told them I tried, example..

"...i have tried increasing the voltage on the ddr"

Thier response,

"..Have you tried increasing the voltage on the ram?"

which is absolutely infuriating!! and thats only part of the e-mail they played repeater with me on, asking the same thing that I already had tried and told them I tried! With the last one telling me to reduce my ram to 667mhz, when I told them 800 was stable... and niether solution is acceptable... when I see 1066 support, I want all 4 ram slots to give me 1066 support, end of story!

Comment

Janus? Anything to test? [email protected] if ya are just not in posting mood right now.. I want to know if this is going anywhere or if I need to move on, because support is not even e-mailing me back, 3 days and counting. which is quite unprofessional, even a "we are checking on it" would be fine, just something! even if I cant overclock, I want a stock system at the very least.

Comment

Well I dont know whether to cheer or scream!!

My PC gave up last night. I'm hoping its the P35C-DS3R and I can convince my supplier to swop. I'ts been operating 'fine' not O/C due to the vdimm problems since I got it.

Then today it just shut down. When I restart I get nothing from it. No display or POST beeps just fans.

What do you reckon should I celebrate or cry?

Comment

Originally posted by chris57 View Post
              Well I dont know whether to cheer or scream!!

My PC gave up last night. I'm hoping its the P35C-DS3R and I can convince my supplier to swop. I'ts been operating 'fine' not O/C due to the vdimm problems since I got it.

Then today it just shut down. When I restart I get nothing from it. No display or POST beeps just fans.

What do you reckon should I celebrate or cry?
              remove the battery and clear the CMOS; then restart the machine; this is the only was I could boot my machine from a shutdown status..

Comment

Daer all
                I got some update from our BIOS team.But I worry about the answer can not satisfied you guys.I know all of you are thinking when you plus any voltage to your memory, it's should show correct in your both BIOS and software testing, it 's reasonable.
                However, our RD told me :
                Because of the Vcore hardware design, both BIOS and software will show the number lower than normal voltage 25 to 50mV. But in fect the memory voltage can really reach the real voltage.

I think this is final answer from our RD. And did anyone see "Loadline Calibration" function in your BIOS? it might be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by x2srj View Post
                  remove the battery and clear the CMOS; then restart the machine; this is the only was I could boot my machine from a shutdown status..
                  Damn damn damn.

I tried battery removal and cmos claering to no effect. Then I removed all but one RAM stick still nothing. For the hell I swopped the sticks over and it started. Looks like a poor stick of RAM so no possibility of swopping this mobo

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
                    Daer all
                    I got some update from our BIOS team.But I worry about the answer can not satisfied you guys.I know all of you are thinking when you plus any voltage to your memory, it's should show correct in your both BIOS and software testing, it 's reasonable.
                    However, our RD told me :
                    Because of the Vcore hardware design, both BIOS and software will show the number lower than normal voltage 25 to 50mV. But in fect the memory voltage can really reach the real voltage.

I think this is final answer from our RD. And did anyone see "Loadline Calibration" function in your BIOS? it might be helpful.

What is the loadline calibration? What does it do? What bios is it in? Has anybody seen this or used it?

Comment

ive never heard of that option in any bios, even with advanced settings, unless it goes by some wierd name. A quick google of the option finds it in only the high end maximus boards by asus... but I cant find a single review of this option existing on a gigabyte board (granted, this was only a quick google of it, but I would think it would be a much talked about option if it affected ram compatibility, or voltage control) is there some developer advanced options that we cant get to that opens this up??? like a cntrl-f1 equivilent?

Comment

27.12.2007-New Bios
                        P35-DS3-F11
                        P35-DS3R-F10
                        P35C-DS3R-F9

About -"LOADLINE CALIBRATION(enable/disable):
                        The Loadline Calibration helps users enjoy the motherboard's ultimate OC capabilities while ensuring stable and opimal CPU voltage during heavy or low loadings.
                        Btw,CPU-Z, version 1.42.3:
                        Last edited by stasio; 12-28-2007, 07:21 AM.

Comment

just updated to f9 and there isnt any loadline calibration option that I can find, even with advanced options shown. also didnt solve my 4x1gb 1066 ram problem, still unstable as hell running stock. but was able to overclock a bit more with stability and tight timings,, maybe this option is enabled and not shown? current specs at..
                          Core2Duo e6400 (2.1ghz) running at 2.9ghz 363x8
                          Corsair dominator 4x1gb 1066 8500c5 ram, @ 906mhz 4-4-4-12 timings
                          FSB @ 1451mhz
                          FSB +.1 voltage
                          Northbridge @ +.3 (max)
                          DDR voltage +.3 (2.24v)
                          CPU vcore @ stock

Comment

They sent me F9 about a month ago.... glad I got rid of this board....

iX38 board on it's way :-p

Comment

I hear ya. luckily Compusa went out of buisness (as far as thier stores go) as of today. so my rediculous impulse purchases will go out the window. I never had problems using all my equipment on the ASUS board before this, and I think thats gonna be my hint.. since I got a friend who just got this board, and none of his usb works, on top of countless other people across the web with issues after issues, looks like this board may have problems beyond bios repair. Every board manufacturer has one dud in thier line, and I shoulda known my day would come eventually.

Comment

I'll give you all one guess to my situation..

I had problems with using all my 4GB of OCZ RAM on this mobo, at first just using 1 stick, as it wouldnt boot up with any more than that. I used it like that for a few days, and all seemed fine. Yesterday, I tried putting some more RAM in, but still 2GB of it wouldn't work, so I decided that that RAM was faulty. I ran it like that for one evening, with 2 x 1GB in and working. Today, it won't boot up. No matter what arrangement ofRAM I use, nothing can get my PC to boot up. The fan's whir into life, except for the CPU fan, which usually starts when it POSTs. This is also the same point when the graphics card fan turns down from full speed to it's normal.

I really need this PC to work, so any help would be gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X