Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I thought with Windows 7 and using NTFS the drive would be aligned automatic.

Can you please explain more about this, how to align, can this be done during the W7 setup by choosing to reformat the partition?

I use the SSD for 6 months now in my older system and it performs very well after a fresh W7 64 installation in AHCI mode. I did not do any manual aligning.

Comment

It will be if you want it to, but if you don't set it yourself and choose this set partition to install to then windows 7 will create a 100MB partition before the C drive and the offset will be 100MB off then.

That would still be aligned, just not really ideal I think.

It can be done with the install CD via CMD prompt before you install. Here is some more info
      Guide ICH10R Vertex installation Guide. (Outcome Benchmarks Provided)

Comment

Hi to the Tech. support team.

I have just revised the drivers currently installed in my SO and I have some questions, possible errors to report, etc.

This is my config.:

MB:
        GA-EX58 Extreme
        Bios: F12
        CPU: Core i7 920
        Sound: 5.1 config.- 6 channels

[...] the rest is not necessary here.

SO: Windows XP (x86) SP3

The page I use to visit (Spanish) is not available: http://www.giga-byte.es/products/mb/...xtreme_10.html

So I have entered into English version:
        GA-EX58-EXTREME (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE

The updates which I have questions about have been (from the download section for my motherboard):

The procedure: uninstall previous drivers when required and then install the new one.
        All the steps ensure that I have not committed an error in the installation process.

Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition): R2.48

Not sure which version I was specifically using before (2.45-47?) but it included some options and panels that are not present in the new version installed (see red rectangles):

Old version (image from Google which shows exactly the old panel):

Note that I use a 5.1 (5 channels + bass/center) so the tab related with the bass management andthe different dolby presets are useful.

New version (image from my PC, new panel; black text added is the translation):

I have reinstalled the drivers twice. No way to edit this missing panels/tabs in the options.

As far as I know "standard" drivers from Realtek Web could provoke this:

Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website.
        In the case that drivers downloaded from yours servers are tweaked specifically for the motherboard.

So the web is linking to wrong drivers, the drivers which are uploaded are not the proper versions or I'm missing something.

Not sure if it could be related only to En. web but all the drivers I have downloaded from the Spanish web have been working properly. (supposing that the links are not the same in all the webs)

2.Intel INF installation: 9.1.2.1007

Uninstall option unavailable so the setup makes an upgrade.
        The last version show this:

* Product: Intel(R) Chipset Device Software
        * Release: Production Version
        * Version: 9.1.0.1007
        * Target Chipset#: 5520/5500/X58
        * Date: August 19 2008

After the successful installation the readme shows a wrong version:

* Product: Intel(R) Chipset Device Software
        * Release: Production Version
        * Version: 9.1.0.1007
        * Target Chipset#: 5520/5500/X58
        * Date: August 19 2008
        Be aware that the web and the file I downloaded specify:
        Intel INF installation: 9.1.2.1007

And the readme included in the download has the proper version but after installing it is not updated.
        Not a serious problem, just a comment. Anyway I suppose this is an Intel mistake.

3.On/Off Charge: B10.0427.1

I own an Ipod Touch 3G so I really find useful this aspect. Downloaded the program and installed. Reboot.

Has the program to be activated manually? When it works? (Itunes installed so windows should recognize the ipod as an installed device)

I have revised the program folder: it includes a .exe associated to a windows service.
        But it is always disabled (by default, at least in my case).
        Not sure if I have to enable the service manually, or let it work on its own.

, version included in my driver-CD and the Spanish web.
        When seeing that there is a new version (2) and the old is not available I suppose that this is an upgrade. Note that I'm downloading it from my Motherboard section so all which is there is supposed to be compatible and the proper driver/ program for it.

Uninstalled the old energy saver, installed the new and reboot.

As soon as I execute the program:
        Please update the latest Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced utility from Gigabyte website for the advanced.
        In other words: It doesn't work.

Wrong version uploaded?
        Are there 2 programs (DES Advanced 1 & DES 2) which are not different versions but different applications for different motherboards (in this case the web is showing a wrong application)?

I have not been able to download the other version from Sp. Web due to the server problem I have written.

Let me know if you have any question, or info needed.

Thank you for the support.

EDIT:
        I have just seen this thread:

It shows the 2 versions of DES as different programs. The Advanced is here : http://america.giga-byte.com/FileLis...s_advanced.exe
        But it is unavailable. Server error.
        In this case the web [/B]GA-EX58-EXTREME (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE
        is linking to wrong utilities.
        Last edited by Isabelxxx; 06-14-2010, 01:05 AM. Reason: More info.

Comment

Hello,

I'm new to TweakTown but heard it's the place for Gigabyte questions. I built my first compuer within the last month and kept getting BIOS notices saying due to over-clocking, computer was unstable and would shut down unexpectedly (something along those lines). So I partially re-did the BIOS and now when I put computer to sleep, the monitor, key board
          and mouse 'sleep' but not computer. Good thing is I'm no longer getting overclocking messages.

My build: MB: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P (Rev. 1)
          BIOS: Award F7
          CPU: Intel i5-750 Lynnfield
          CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series CWCH50-1 120 mm
          MEMORY: G. Skill Ripjaws (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
          VIDEO: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770, 1 GB GDDR5, PCIe 2.0 x 16
          HD: 4 Western Digital WD6402AAEX, 64 MB cache, SATA 6.0 GB
          The 2 primary HD's on GSATA3 connectors for a RAID 0 array and
          the 2 other HD's are on a High Point Rocket RAID 620LF PCIe 2.0 x 1 SATA 6.0GB
          controller card for a RAID 1 array
          Power: Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750 W
          DVD: Lite-On iHAS424-98
          CASE: Antec Nine Hundred Two

Comment

Originally posted by Isabelxxx View Post

I have just revised the drivers currently installed in my SO and I have some questions, possible errors to report, etc.

This is my config.:

MB:
            GA-EX58 Extreme

The page I use to visit (Spanish) is not available: http://www.giga-byte.es/products/mb/...xtreme_10.html

The updates which I have questions about have been (from the download section for my motherboard):

1.Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition): R2.48

4.Dynamic Energy Saver™ 2: B10.0415.1

The procedure: uninstall previous drivers when required and then install the new one.
            All the steps ensure that I have not committed an error in the installation process.

Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition): R2.48

Not sure which version I was specifically using before (2.45-47?) but it included some options and panels that are not present in the new version installed (see red rectangles):

Note that I use a 5.1 (5 channels + bass/center) so the tab related with the bass management andthe different dolby presets are useful.

I have reinstalled the drivers twice. No way to edit this missing panels/tabs in the options.

In the case that drivers downloaded from yours servers are tweaked specifically for the motherboard.

So the web is linking to wrong drivers, the drivers which are uploaded are not the proper versions or I'm missing something.

Not sure if it could be related only to En. web but all the drivers I have downloaded from the Spanish web have been working properly. (supposing that the links are not the same in all the webs)

And the readme included in the download has the proper version but after installing it is not updated.
            Not a serious problem, just a comment. Anyway I suppose this is an Intel mistake.

I own an Ipod Touch 3G so I really find useful this aspect. Downloaded the program and installed. Reboot.

Has the program to be activated manually? When it works? (Itunes installed so windows should recognize the ipod as an installed device)

I have revised the program folder: it includes a .exe associated to a windows service.

4.Dynamic Energy Saver™ 2: B10.0415.1

I had Dynamic energy saver 1(?) (advanced?)
            When seeing that there is a new version (2) and the old is not available I suppose that this is an upgrade. Note that I'm downloading it from my Motherboard section so all which is there is supposed to be compatible and the proper driver/ program for it.

Wrong version uploaded?
            Are there 2 programs (DES Advanced 1 & DES 2) which are not different versions but different applications for different motherboards (in this case the web is showing a wrong application)?

I have not been able to download the other version from Sp. Web due to the server problem I have written.

EDIT:

It shows the 2 versions of DES as different programs. The Advanced is here : http://america.giga-byte.com/FileLis...s_advanced.exe
            Yes, sorry they are working on changing the URL's so many links to Gigabyte pages may not work properly.

As for your Intel and RealTek issues. download the drivers directly.

Intel Chipset is here (You want the exe not zip)

RealTek get here, please uninstall the one you have now, reboot and then delete the realtek folder in all programs if there is one left.
            Realtek

DES Advanced you can download here
            Motherboard - GIGABYTE

On/Off charge, I am not sure how it works fully, so it is best you ask them directly and let them know what ports you are trying to use.
            Technical Support - GIGABYTE

I do believe this only works when your system is off, so you may have it correct already. Turn off your system and plug in the ipod and see if it starts charging

Originally posted by Expert-not View Post
            Hello,

I'm new to TweakTown but heard it's the place for Gigabyte questions. I built my first compuer within the last month and kept getting BIOS notices saying due to over-clocking, computer was unstable and would shut down unexpectedly (something along those lines). So I partially re-did the BIOS and now when I put computer to sleep, the monitor, key board
            and mouse 'sleep' but not computer. Good thing is I'm no longer getting overclocking messages.

This means you do not have your settings correct, and now fail safe settings are used until you load optimized and start over, and then enter proper settings per your hardware.

Sleep would need to be changed to S3 in the power management page of the BIOS for sleep to work, you are using Hibernate now it sounds like.

Make a new thread with your info and full specs again and I can help you with your settings, please provide a link to your memory as well

Comment

Originally posted by Isabelxxx View Post

This is my config.:

MB:
              GA-EX58 Extreme

Wrong version uploaded?

EDIT:

Yes, sorry they are working on changing the URL's so many links to Gigabyte pages may not work properly.

As for your Intel and RealTek issues. download the drivers directly.

Intel Chipset is here (You want the exe not zip)

RealTek get here, please uninstall the one you have now, reboot and then delete the realtek folder in all programs if there is one left.
              Realtek

DES Advanced you can download here
              Motherboard - GIGABYTE

On/Off charge, I am not sure how it works fully, so it is best you ask them directly and let them know what ports you are trying to use.
              Technical Support - GIGABYTE

I do believe this only works when your system is off, so you may have it correct already. Turn off your system and plug in the ipod and see if it starts charging

Originally posted by Expert-not View Post
              Hello,

This means you do not have your settings correct, and now fail safe settings are used until you load optimized and start over, and then enter proper settings per your hardware.

Sleep would need to be changed to S3 in the power management page of the BIOS for sleep to work, you are using Hibernate now it sounds like.

Make a new thread with your info and full specs again and I can help you with your settings, please provide a link to your memory as well

Comment

I have a gigabyte 770T-UD3P which when i cold boot starts with a multiplier of 4. I hear other people have the same problem and they get sent a beta bios update to fix this. Do you have this update?

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

I just assembled a new system that will post into the BIOS, but won't load the OS:

GA P55 UDP4 v1.0
                  i5-750 cpu with stock cooler
                  2x2GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX 1600 RAM (1.65V)
                  NVIDIA 8800GT videocard

into which I put my old psu: 500W thermaltake purepower, which has a 4 pin rather than 8 pin 12V connector, and my old seagate barracuda 300GB SATA HDD, with windows XP.

I turned it on to make sure all the fans were working, and initially it loaded windows and was giving me lots of 'new hardware found' messages, when I may have made a big mistake by turning off the computer (it was late and I planned to do all the software installation the next day). The next day, I turned on the computer and can get into the BIOS, but when it tries to load the OS, the screen stays black, but the power stays on. All of the fans are running, and in the BIOS the cpu temperature is okay, it recognizes the cpu and ram properly. I don't get any beep alerts when I turn on the computer to tell me the status of the board.

My 2 thoughts were that I either (1) caused a software error by turning off the computer when it may have been installing critical components or (2) my old PSU is inadequate, and it is not loading from lack of power, but I'm not really that computer savvy and need advice. My next step would be to buy a new PSU, and if that D/N work, buy a new HDD and reinstall windows and see if that works.

Thanks

Comment

have you just swapped the old hdd with xp from your old pc onto the new p55 pc?? if so it wont work as the os will have all the mb drivers for the old mb and not for the gigabyte one therefore you will need to save all your personal files/data and then format the hdd and do a clean fresh install of winxp and use the gigabyte cd to install just the lan driver,then go to gigabyte website and download/install all the latest drivers eg: audio,chipset/lan

EDIT: just format the hdd and re-install xp if you didnt let it fully instal the first time,i dont think its psu
                    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello. I have just brought a GA-H55M-USB3 rev 1.0 motherboard. This is my configuration:

Windows 7 Professional x64
                      Motherboard: GA-H55M-USB3 rev 1.0, Bios version F7
                      CPU: Intel i5-650
                      Memory: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 (2 x 2GB) (PC3 12800) 7-8-7-20
                      RAID controller: 3ware 9650SE-4LPML (PCIeX4) with 4 x Seagate 500GB SATA-II 7200 rpm 16MB 7200.12 - ST3500418AS in RAID 10
                      TV Tuner: Kworld DVB-T PE310RF (PCIeX1)

Just for testing: Gainward nVidia 8800GTS 320MB (PCIeX16)

The problem is that the RAID controller only works in the PCIeX16 slot and not in the PCIex4 one. I have tried any combination, but the motherboard just wouldn't see it in the PCIeX4 slot.

I tested:
                      1. RAID controller in PCIeX16 single - works
                      2. RAID controller in PCIeX16 single - and TV tunner in PCIeX4 works, but the TV tunner does not work properly (Win 7 sees it, installs the drivers, but when the software tries to access it, it triggers a Blue screen - I have tried 4 different TV software here)
                      3. RAID controller in PCIeX4 single - Bios does not see it
                      4. RAID controller in PCIeX4 with the TV Tuner in the PCIeX16 - Bios does not see the RAID controller and the TV Tuner works okay
                      5. RAID controller in PCIeX4 and the Gainward video card in the PCIEx16 slot - Bios does not see the RAID controller, the Video Card works fine.
                      6. I couldn't fit in the Video Card in the PCIEx4 slot because it is too large.

What sould I do? Should I change the motherboard because the PCIeX4 lane is defective? (The same problem was with the original F6 Bios version). Should I get the GA-H57M-USB3?

Please advise if there is a solution to this problem.

Thank you.
                      Last edited by stanstan; 06-24-2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldplayer View Post
                        I have a gigabyte 770T-UD3P which when i cold boot starts with a multiplier of 4. I hear other people have the same problem and they get sent a beta bios update to fix this. Do you have this update?

Do you know the name of the BIOS, the version like .Fxx? If you do please let me know and I will see if I can find it for you

Cheers
                        Originally posted by nephros View Post
                        Hi,

I just assembled a new system that will post into the BIOS, but won't load the OS:

GA P55 UDP4 v1.0
                        i5-750 cpu with stock cooler
                        2x2GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX 1600 RAM (1.65V)
                        NVIDIA 8800GT videocard

into which I put my old psu: 500W thermaltake purepower, which has a 4 pin rather than 8 pin 12V connector, and my old seagate barracuda 300GB SATA HDD, with windows XP.

I turned it on to make sure all the fans were working, and initially it loaded windows and was giving me lots of 'new hardware found' messages, when I may have made a big mistake by turning off the computer (it was late and I planned to do all the software installation the next day). The next day, I turned on the computer and can get into the BIOS, but when it tries to load the OS, the screen stays black, but the power stays on. All of the fans are running, and in the BIOS the cpu temperature is okay, it recognizes the cpu and ram properly. I don't get any beep alerts when I turn on the computer to tell me the status of the board.

My 2 thoughts were that I either (1) caused a software error by turning off the computer when it may have been installing critical components or (2) my old PSU is inadequate, and it is not loading from lack of power, but I'm not really that computer savvy and need advice. My next step would be to buy a new PSU, and if that D/N work, buy a new HDD and reinstall windows and see if that works.

Thanks
                        Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                        have you just swapped the old hdd with xp from your old pc onto the new p55 pc?? if so it wont work as the os will have all the mb drivers for the old mb and not for the gigabyte one therefore you will need to save all your personal files/data and then format the hdd and do a clean fresh install of winxp and use the gigabyte cd to install just the lan driver,then go to gigabyte website and download/install all the latest drivers eg: audio,chipset/lan

EDIT: just format the hdd and re-install xp if you didnt let it fully instal the first time,i dont think its psu
                        Did the above help?

Originally posted by stanstan View Post
                        Hello. I have just brought a GA-H55M-USB3 rev 1.0 motherboard. This is my configuration:

Windows 7 Professional x64
                        Motherboard: GA-H55M-USB3 rev 1.0, Bios version F7
                        CPU: Intel i5-650
                        Memory: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 (2 x 2GB) (PC3 12800) 7-8-7-20
                        RAID controller: 3ware 9650SE-4LPML (PCIeX4) with 4 x Seagate 500GB SATA-II 7200 rpm 16MB 7200.12 - ST3500418AS in RAID 10
                        TV Tuner: Kworld DVB-T PE310RF (PCIeX1)

Just for testing: Gainward nVidia 8800GTS 320MB (PCIeX16)

The problem is that the RAID controller only works in the PCIeX16 slot and not in the PCIex4 one. I have tried any combination, but the motherboard just wouldn't see it in the PCIeX4 slot.

I tested:
                        1. RAID controller in PCIeX16 single - works
                        2. RAID controller in PCIeX16 single - and TV tunner in PCIeX4 works, but the TV tunner does not work properly (Win 7 sees it, installs the drivers, but when the software tries to access it, it triggers a Blue screen - I have tried 4 different TV software here)
                        3. RAID controller in PCIeX4 single - Bios does not see it
                        4. RAID controller in PCIeX4 with the TV Tuner in the PCIeX16 - Bios does not see the RAID controller and the TV Tuner works okay
                        5. RAID controller in PCIeX4 and the Gainward video card in the PCIEx16 slot - Bios does not see the RAID controller, the Video Card works fine.
                        6. I couldn't fit in the Video Card in the PCIEx4 slot because it is too large.

What sould I do? Should I change the motherboard because the PCIeX4 lane is defective? (The same problem was with the original F6 Bios version). Should I get the GA-H57M-USB3?

Please advise if there is a solution to this problem.

Thank you.
                        The board you have now only has a X16 slot, and the X4 slot runs at x1 according to the specifications, did you overlook this when purchasing? It is a x4 slot electrically, but only has x1 bandwidth.

1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) (Note 5)(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
                        2. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x1 (PCIEX4_X1)
                        3. 2 x PCI slots
                        GA-H55M-USB3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

The other board you suggested does indeed have a x4 slot running at x4, so that sounds like what you might need to get.

1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) (Note 5)(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
                        2. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4_X1)
                        3. 2 x PCI slots
                        GA-H57M-USB3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

Comment

I have an GA-EP43-UD3L, which I bought about 18 months ago because it had digital audio out.

Is there a way to enable both the analog and digital outputs at the same time in Win7 (32-bit)? The only way I can see to enable the digital out is to use the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" and select the "default device", but this disables the other.

Comment

I believe you can only use one at a time, but you should wait for others to reply as I am not positive.

Comment

Weird, I don't see such a restriction in Windows XP, in the mixer the device is just "Realtek HD Audio", but I do not have digital out to confirm they both work at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                                Did the above help?

The board you have now only has a X16 slot, and the X4 slot runs at x1 according to the specifications, did you overlook this when purchasing? It is a x4 slot electrically, but only has x1 bandwidth.

GA-H55M-USB3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

The other board you suggested does indeed have a x4 slot running at x4, so that sounds like what you might need to get.

GA-H57M-USB3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification
                                Thank you for the quick response! Indeed so. I have called and the seller fortunatly agreed to change my H55M with the H57M.

Comment

Working...
                                X