This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS Questions...

May I say now how much I like this motherboard. (thank you Gigabyte)

But so many questions...
    1. Are saved BIOS profiles saved on to the active BIOS chip? (and therefore lost if BIOS upgraded?)
    2. Gigabyte's Smart TPM saves very important TPM Keys to the BIOS. Are these also lost if the BIOS is upgraded?
    3. It would be overwhelmingly useful to know what changes are actually implemented in a new BIOS revision. Clearly there is no sense upgrading if the change only affects some hardware that you don't own.
    eg I'm using F8... Do I want F14?
    Some BIOS settings are entirely without explanation (as far as I can tell), and are even tricky to make sense of with Google
    e.g. CSM Stack
    Why are the Marvell SATA3 connectors (set to AHCI) described as SCSI removable devices in W7 x64?

Perhaps enough questions for now...

Best wishes

Comment

• Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You can find all the most recent drivers for your motherboard here in this sticky. http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html Scroll down to post #2.

If you have any further problems please start a new thread.
        Last edited by Acebmxer; 10-11-2012, 03:26 PM.
        Main Rig
        Gigabyte z87x-OC
        Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
        G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
        Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
        Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
        HiS ATI HD 6950
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
        Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
        Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
        Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
        EK Supremacy Cpu Block
        Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
        Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

I see that the G1 ASSASSIN 2 x79 mobo is nolonger windows 8 compatable thanks to killer gaming nic, theres no windows 8 driver for e2100 nic, gigabyte have took the logo away from the board in there list on the website, so i dont think that there will be any compatable driver anytime soon.
          A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

I have several GA-EP45-UD3P MB's that have a problem with SSD's that have a SandForce SATA III controller. The BIOS hangs on the port the SSD is connected to when in AHCI mode. It appears to work OK in IDE mode. I am currently using FFb BIOS version. Is it possible to find a custom BIOS that will support the SandForce III (2281) controller on this MB. I understand that I will not get SATA III performance but the SSD even in SATA II mode is a whole lot better than a standard HD. Help would be appreciated.

Second question, are the PCIe X1 slots on this MB version 2.0 or ?. The manual states the PCIe 16X and X8 are version 2.0 but does not mention the X1 slots.

Comment

All of the EP45-UD3P pci-e slots are 2.0
              See if you can carefully connect the ssd's after your system has booted.
              Flashing the ssd firmware to the latest version might solve the problem.
              My Samsung 830 (128GB) sata III ssd works fine as a boot drive in my P35-DS3L system connected to the Sata2_0 port.
              Last edited by profJim; 10-30-2012, 10:05 AM.
              Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
              P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
              4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
              MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
              Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
              WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
              SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
              Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
              Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
              Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
              MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
              Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
              HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
              CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

ProfJim,
                Thanks for the PCIe X1 information. I thought this is where you sent me to try and get a modified BIOS for the GA-EP45-UD3P MB. Like I said in a previous post I have the latest BIOS FFb on the MB and maybe I did not mention but both the Mushkin Chronis DX and the OCZ Vertex 3's have the latest firmware. Once again the two drives I have tried both have the SandForce III controller. Maybe I need to go buy a Samsung 830 SSD for a boot drive but I really would like to use one of the drives I have sitting on my desk.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I suggested you post a request for a modified bios in http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...fied-bios.html
                  Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                  P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                  4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                  MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                  Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                  WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                  Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                  SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                  Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                  Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                  Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                  MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                  Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                  win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                  HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                  CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                  E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                  Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                  Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                  HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                  win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

ProfJim,
                    Sorry about that. Yes you did! My mistake, I went there and did not realize I could add a post with my "problem". I did call Gigabyte and they say I don't have a problem! I sent them a bunch of screen shots showing what was going on - so maybe something will come of it. In the meantime I'll add a post to the correct Tweaktown section.

Comment

• Re: Overvoltage problem with EX58-UD3R Rev1.6 / i7 920 - vcore wont budge from 2.16v

Originally posted by jwdavid1981 View Post
                      I've tried everything, IDK if this was the result of a bad BIOS flash, I upgraded the PS from a 600W to an 850W Modular Unit, Went back a version on the BIOS (From I to H) reset the battery, the weird thing is all the settings reset to default after reflashing but no matter what I set the VCore at.. auto, usually 1.3v, it always reads 2.18V under PC Health. I have all cores on, tried turning off Turbo boost, but i guess the x21 multiplier is turbo automatically. Only thermal monitor is on, I've tried turning EIST on, I had this box running stable for like a year at 4.2Ghz (specs in sig) right now with CPU PLL set to 1.5v and Blck at 160, no matter what i set the multiplier to it stays at 21x..
                      Can change QPI settings, but on auto QPI settings in CPU-Z seem to differ from BIOS setting of 2x mem speed (3200) or 2x +1. DRAM voltage and speed are correct. Initially I thought the humidity and heat we experienced in July in CT was the cause, not so.. Please help I depend on this box for finding jobs and music production. [I can use my Mac Pro but I don't have office on that, or support for 3 monitors without having to run 2 video cards but thats another issue for another board and has to do with using a non-Apple branded card. I have a 28" Hanns G 281 that I love (another would be great) so being stuck with that isn't too bad its just a PITA to switch everything over since I only have 1 iLok and license I have to plug all the USB stuff to the MAC and just put Lion on it after screwing Snow Leo up messing with video Kexts to get the PC 5770 to work in there.] Plus I can't OC it because its EFI based.

I was a pro-hackintosh but bought this last year prior to support for the 5770 and ProTools 8 being really unstable on W7P64. I have all the drivers installed for this, With my OS on the GSata RAID1 and my Storage/ProTools disk on a 1TB RAID 5 array on the ICH10 RAID controller. The weird thing is, whether I setup this box using Windows Deployment Services with drivers preloaded on the Boot/install images (the Mac has a 2008R2 drive) or using a CD burned from the same image, the MBR/System partition always gets installed on the Raid 5 drive and after a few lockups during OC'ing, or other glitches the RAID 5 array needs a rebuilt and the boot info is corrupt. Should I image each of the partitions (Including the system) then repartition a new RAID 1 array on spare WD 320's that i have correctly, and add each image to the RAID 1 mirror manually? The first time i setup W7 i never had this problem. I screwed up my original RAID1 array by breaking the RAID and reinstalled it, but I still have the original disks hoping Stellar PHeonix or something can fix it..I doubt the two are related but most importantly I need this voltage issue fixed. I originally used WDS the first time, on the system that ran at 4.2Ghz stable for a year. When I rebuilt it, I had some issues with RAM being recognized (it was the same chips, just needed re-seating) and also wanted to run the latest drivers for bug fixes and latest (non-Beta) BIOS.. thats when the problems started.
                      I have voltage manually set to 1.3 and qpi to 1.2 like it says to the left of the setting just incase auto setting is different. Please help!!!
                      P.S. load line does nothing for the problem. Before my Vcore on the 4.2 stable OC using the GB tutorial and info from various sites was like 1.225.. But I could never get above 4.4 without freezing because Kingston Hyper X Ram won't OC.. I probably would need to lower the memory speed. I also thought the QPI speed for the i7 920 was 6.4GT/s not 4.8 like the default.
                      Its 1600mhz DDR-3.. I wish I got 2100 or Mushkin instead.
                      Hi,have you solve the vcore 2.160v problem?

Comment

• Comment

ProfJim,
                          FYI - All the PCIe slots on the GA-EP45-UD3P MB are not 2.0. I suspected that when the manual specifically said the X16 slots were 2.0 and said nothing about the PCIe 1X slots. I got my HighPoint Rocket SATA 6G card today and gave it a go. Had to steal the Marvell 91xx driver from Gigabyte but W7 seems to be happy. The card recognized the OCZ Vertex 3 SSD which I guess is a major step forward since I still have not figured out why the Intel SATA 2 controller on the board hangs on the SSD. Anyway, I ran OTTO with the card in an X1 Slot and again in the alternate X16 Slot. You can see from the attachment that the card runs about twice as fast in the X16 Slot! 500 is the best I could hope for so 420 ain't too bad.

Yes, it allows me to boot from the OCZ SSD drive attached to the HighPoint Rocket Card. Works as advertised except for the W7 driver issue.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Ken429; 10-31-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Hi, I've made a mistake increasing FSB without decrease multiplier. Then now my mobo pass POST at 4'5 GHz but hangs a few seconds later. I can't access BIOS settings screen in order to modify it and save.

How can I force failsafe BIOS settings get restored by default?

I have unplugged PSU cable during a few minutes with no luck.

Mobo: EP-45 UD3P rev 1.1

CPU: C2D E8600

OC: 10*444 - vCore 2,6
                            Last edited by ack; 11-01-2012, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ack View Post
                              Hi, I've made a mistake increasing FSB without decrease multiplier. Then now my mobo pass POST at 4'5 GHz but hangs a few seconds later. I can't access BIOS settings screen in order to modify it and save.

How can I force failsafe BIOS settings get restored by default?

I have unplugged PSU cable during a few minutes with no luck.

Mobo: EP-45 UD3P rev 1.1

CPU: C2D E8600

OC: 10*444 - vCore 2,6
                              One possibility (as a last resort) is to clear CMOS in accordance with your MOBO manual.

Comment

Originally posted by dons1960 View Post
                                One possibility (as a last resort) is to clear CMOS in accordance with your MOBO manual.
                                Well, I have finally removed the mobo battery and unplugged PSU cable. All BIOS settings have been reseted. Thanks!
                                Last edited by ack; 11-02-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X