FM2A88X+ Fatality RAM won't run beyond 1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FM2A88X+ Fatality RAM won't run beyond 1600

The iGPU will/does benefit from higher MHz, that's by design. Within limits of course, meaning, after all it isn't a full sized PCI-e GFX card with two 100mm fans cooling it. Like in your first posts reasons for getting, it performs quite admirably all things considered

How long have you had these sticks? Are they within the grace period for returning?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I've had this stuff since the 18th or so, order was placed the 14th iirc. I have been checking the 'egg to see if anything on the qvl is in stock and it seems the majority isn't. It's rather frustrating to have a huge list and nothing in stock, this comes from my retail days when the new year's product was released. Old stuff is gone, new stuff isn't in yet.

Comment

Criminy, if you're looking at ASRocks Memory QVL, that's basically useless now. They, ASRock, are first and foremost a motherboard manufacturer and thus have a limited and in some cases outdated in-house "store' of memory with which they test.

I've put a link here in this thread that takes you to G.Skill's Ram Configurator with this boards pre-set list of memory G.Skill, being first and foremost a memory manufacturer, continually updates and has been verified by G.Skill to work on this motherboard. Or use the link in my Sig and enter what's required to view the results.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Something to help ya burn the caffeinated midnight oil to.

BIOS screenies I just upped today from Server 2 in my sig. All stock BIOS settings, using XMP 2133 Profile 2, and absolutely no other changes

Comment

1.4 volts for the CPU?? :O What's your nb voltage set to?

Comment

Originally posted by ASCI Blue View Post
              1.4 volts for the CPU?? :O What's your nb voltage set to?
              Heh, I take it by your ":O" you don't know what that value, 1.45v, represents.

Might I suggest you pull your "Multiplier/Voltage Change" from Auto to Manual in the BIOSes OC Tweaker page, then report back what your "CPU Voltage" shows. Or in A-Tunings OC Tweaker tab, as it's displayed there too.

CPU/NB GFX Voltage: 1.35000, looking at it just now in A-Tuning

Again, these are all stock values for my FM2A88X Extreme6+ and A10-6800K while using BIOS 2.70.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                Might I suggest you pull your "Multiplier/Voltage Change" from Auto to Manual in the BIOSes OC Tweaker page, then report back what your "CPU Voltage" shows. Or in A-Tunings OC Tweaker tab, as it's displayed there too.
                That is, as Stock values. Before any changes made by you.

Comment

Today in reading some posts scattered across the 'net concerning Kaveri and your Killer board, you want to try something there? I don't know why this might help at 2133 stock but some posts indicate it indeed does. Worth a shot but watch your temps while doing so if you choose.

BIOS > OC Tweaker - "APU PCIE Voltage VDDP" , your screenies show it at 1.052V, best I can tell is this boards BIOS Default(and incorrect?!?), bump this to 1.160V and retry. HERE is where to jump in and begin reading Spectrum Legacy's posts. Must thank them for their thorough posts while troubleshooting there.

EDIT: I chose to link Spectrum Legacy's posts as most of the dozen or or so tabs I had open in my browser the posts only showed images and or fleeting references. Spectrum Legacy's on the other had, well, his post there concerning this does an excellent job at describing the steps taken and the results of each test to come to that conclusion. My hat's off to him.
                  Last edited by - wardog -; 03-31-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I know what it meant but yours is higher than a kite. Mine is 1.2 something. Kaveri is pretty impressive power wise, a 95 watt chip plus smaller die. I think my NB is set to 1.0XX too keep in mind all my settings are stock.

I know Spectrum, I'm on 49 or 50 in that thread. :D

Comment

I know Spectrum, I'm on 49 or 50 in that thread. :D
                      Why there you are indeed. And yet again a few caffeine fueled pages ahead of me, still.

ROTFLMAO, no kidding? You bumped it to 133? PHHHhhhheewwwwwww hahahahaha did I say I was ROTFLMAO ............

I for a reason didn't touch that when you asked here of it as I knew you'd find the answer out immediately after trying. ROTFLMAO

Time to wipe the blackboard clean and begin anew.

Comment

Seriously now, all joking aside. Send that memory back for one of the 2133 kits shown on G.Skills RAM Configurator results when you key in the proper asked for items at the top of it's page.

Matt hasn't answered there and times getting on for you to exchange it with/for some KNOWN compatible memory. End this nonsense you're putting yourself though.

Comment

Oh BTW, as Abyssmal said and Spectrum Legacy hinted at on his post 188 "It also affects your sata, usb and other controllers". That 133 may well have corrupted your OS install.

Comment

I've searched the 'egg for most to all those kits with no success. :/ The closest comparable is the F3-2133XXXXXXX and I can't seem to find it anywhere. What's almost worse an ASRock rep told me to RMA the board. :/

Comment

........an ASRock rep told me to RMA the board. :/
                              Yea, tough call there which one, or both.

Comment

I've searched the 'egg for most to all those kits with no success. :/
                                C'mon. I just checked the top three listed 8GB(2x4GB) kits listed under the 2133 listings. What are you entering there on the Configurator?

ASRock | AMD Socket FM2+ A88X/A78 for Socket FM2+ | Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer

On the 'Egg off the G.Skill list: (double check me before ordering, cross-check me using the Configurator yourself again)

[Sniper] F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR - G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR - Newegg.com

[RipjawsX] F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM - Newegg.com

[Ares] F3-2133C10D-8GAB - Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C10D-8GAB

[Sniper] F3-2133C10D-8GSR - Newegg.com - G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C10D-8GSR

and possibly more listed at the 'Egg but I quit after checking the first four 8GB kits.
                                Last edited by - wardog -; 03-31-2014, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X