Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FM2A88X+ Fatality RAM won't run beyond 1600

Originally posted by ASCI Blue View Post
    a minor breakthrough. I seem to have a stable 1866 machine using manual controls. bios and cpu-z recognizes the increase and is reporting accurately. for 1866 9-9-9-24-33 seems to be working. I will have to run more testing to determine stability but as the cpu and ram is rated for 2133 I'm confident saying I should be good at 1866. Seems maybe the xmp profile is off on something, just not sure what. Maybe all the timings need to be lower?
    Lower, as in they would need changed from the amazing current 9-9-9 to say 10 or higher.

It didn't boot using 1600 11-11-11-30, CR 2, 1.50v or 2133 11-11-11-30, CR 2, 1.60v ?

Did you try using 2133 XMP Profile 1? If so, how'd that work?

Anyways it appears you're gungho intent on OC'ing those sticks seeing you're at 1866 9-9-9(decent OC) so I'll take my leave and leave you to your own now that you've found something that's working for ya.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

It didn't boot using 2133 11-11-11-30-1 or 2 at 1.65 (several sources including G.Skill has suggested bumping voltage to 1.65 for 2133).

Neither xmp profile would work, which I also found odd. My intent is still to hit 2133 in some form and I'll continue to do so. Once I find a way I'll make sure to post it in the event anyone else has this problem as it seems a bit common. I was reading on newegg another buyer was having this issue using different ram.

Manually setting to 11-11-11-30 at 2133 didn't work either. I had my beloved tablet out while editing stuff so I'd have my references. I've noticed in general AMD approved ram has lower cas/ras hence bringing it up.

also an odd and personal question, do you happen to be located on the west coast?

Comment

Originally posted by ASCI Blue View Post
        also an odd and personal question, do you happen to be located on the west coast?
        PM'd due to personal.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Back to being a WIP. I finally had time to play Titanfall and about 3 mins in system BSoD's and forces a hard restart. Reset using the button again and plugged in all drives. Guess I'll have to be patient for this one. Asrock replied to a review I posted on newegg and I tried their settings with no success.

Comment

determined that ANY change in ANY speeds including northbridge and cpu will cause boot issues. I was planning to up my fsb to 133, which in theory would up the 1800 limit to something higher and in turn allow me to hit 2133. I also tried upping just the multiplier for the fsb with the same effect. I will now have to look into voltage settings. The only time it did a normal soft reboot from the bios is raising GPU speed from stock to 800.
            Last edited by ASCI Blue; 03-28-2014, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Three settings I've withheld due to your seeming madness posted here.

In order of what I feel importance/results would be most noticeable:
              CPU/NB Voltage - Feeds the memory controller
              NB Load-line Calibration
              and maybe APU Load-line Calibration

I haven't seen you mention one single post that you monitor voltage.

Too, I really have a hard time keeping up with you in your posts. One post is "here' with next one coming hours later and seemingly "there".

Comment

You're not the only one who has trouble keeping up with my caffeine fueled madness. :D At this point I'm thinking that the continuation of the thread will be purely for updates and I've started to maintain notes (on paper!!) about anything and everything I can try. I'm not quite to face smashing a wall just yet but I'll make sure there's a youtube video of it. :D

Comment

Me at this point feel you most likely have either a weak memory controller corrected by pushing and additional +0.05 - +0.1v into CPU/NB Voltage setting _OR_ it's power/psu related and one or both of the Line Load Cal's should correct or new psu possibly. But I'd at least move those settings before considering a new psu.

I know. You're tired of seeing me repeat this line.

I'd reset the BIOS back to all Stock setting, bump CPU/NB by +.05v, and concentrate on/at either using XMP or manually setting timings using the XMP timings in those screenies. If that didn't get me closer I'd look at Line Load Cal, but be careful there as they're not how you would imagine them in relation to anything what's presented for their options relates to voltages and which way you might think adj'ing them takes/adj's said voltage.

Caffeine fueled allnighters? Nope. I haven't a clue ............ Ha. Boy oh boy do I remember those nights.

Comment

Did you try setting all the memory latency settings to Auto, from top to bottom in the DRAM configuration screen? Just as an experiment to see if you can get the memory to run at the speed you want?

I'll do that when I have memory problems, and if that works you can see what the Auto latency setting are (like 14 14 14 30 2T, or other fine values...)

As the 'dawg said, memory controller voltage can help.

Comment

Based off additional researching, other forums, etc this is seemingly a wide spread issue but I'm not sure if it's with the processor or the boards selected. Assuming that cpu-z is reporting accurately my timings are 9-9-9-24-33 command rate is unreported. I've also read about increasing the VDDA voltage.

Comment

If these sticks are deemed stable at 1866 9-9-9 and the DRAM voltage is within reason I myself would stop there. The jump to 2133 and surely resultant higher timings nets performance a big zero.

As a matter of fact when I get the free time to dink here I'm going for your 1866 9-9-9. That's way better performance than either 2133 XMP Profile these offer.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                          If these sticks are deemed stable at 1866 9-9-9 and the DRAM voltage is within reason I myself would stop there. The jump to 2133 and surely resultant higher timings nets performance a big zero.

As a matter of fact when I get the free time to dink here I'm going for your 1866 9-9-9. That's way better performance than either 2133 XMP Profile these offer.
                          Damn. I just remembered I have 4 sticks in that particular box. Well, anyways, we'll give it a best effort here, sane voltages allowing. Bummed............

Comment

My 1866 wasn't stable so I might try some more voltage stuff since all I did was increase ram voltage. 1866 crapped out under load which would in theory tell me its not receiving enough juice kinda like how a car with a low battery will try to suck more juice popping fuses.

Comment

1866 crapping on these sticks is prolly after reading all you've done IMO more indicative of yours having a weak controller. 1866 and DRAM v at 1.6 should, I say should, be enough. That 9-9-9 leaves me cautious though. Push that CPU/NB and add +.01v while watching your temps. If that 0.01 works begin lowering it and testing in between till it it show you its ugly side then go back up +0.001 and do a final test.

I really really wish Matt would hurry things along on his end and reply to your post in the G.Skill section here concerning compatibility.

Comment

Maybe I'll try the 1866 at 10-10-10 at 1.60 plus the cpu/nb voltage increase. I was hoping for 2133 since it seems to give a healthy boost to the GPU.

Comment

Working...
                                X