Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: z77 OC Formula problem

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
    And while probably not applicable here, there is a newer than came on the support cd, release of Formula Drive on ASRocks Z77 OC Formula Downloads section.
    Originally posted by havasuphto View Post
    I just checked the Asrock download page for the OC Formula, and found all the software there was dated around August 2012.
    I don't know about August 2012 but it appears know posting your version numbers that you are current with Rapid OC and Timing Configurator anyways. Other than the below three files I agree all the remaining Utility files are dated as you say, August 6 2012.

ASRock > Z77 OC Formula > Download > Utilities > Windows 7 64bit
    Code:
    10/23/2012	Windows� 7 64bit 	7.28MB	Formula Drive ver:0.2.13
    10/23/2012	Windows� 7 64bit	1.67MB	Rapid OC ver:1.0.16
    10/23/2012	Windows� 7 64bit	1.50MB	Timing Configurator ver:1.0.10
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Hmm...my Formula drive is version0.2.12
      I have a ram drive, I'm hoping it's just a simple upgrade, and that it remembers my settings-is there a change log?

I just launched my rapid oc, and timing config(the old version), and have the exact same issue as the original poster.
      I will wait for him or others to upgrade their formula drive/rapid oc/timing config-to see if it just installs the new version, and remembers all your settings, or if I have to un-install everything and start over.
      Last edited by havasuphto; 03-15-2013, 04:14 PM.
      MB: AsRock OC Formula Z77 LGA 1155
      CPU: Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5Ghz
      CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
      RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripsaw DDR3-1866Mhz
      GPU: 2X Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 Ram, in Crossfire
      HD1: Intel SSD 520 Series Cherryville 240GB
      HD2: WD Black 1TB 64MB Cache Ram 7200

Comment

Originally posted by havasuphto View Post
        is there a change log?
        Heh, yea, and there's a leprechaun with a pot o' gold at the ends of rainbows. .......... No, no change log.

Getting change logs out of manufacturers would be nice but for some reason we will not be made aware of they hold that info close to their chest.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

fluek66
          Usually those interface bugs occurs when changing the dpi, there no scaling in this app (if its not driver bug)
          Go to Display settings and set "Smaller - 100%". Also check "Set custom size text (DPI)" there should be 100% - 96dpi.
          It its not help, go to app exe file settings -> compatibility and disable display scaling on hi DPI.
          Last edited by Rale; 03-15-2013, 05:14 PM. Reason: add
          Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Comment

Originally posted by Rale View Post
            fluek66
            Usually those interface bugs occurs when changing the dpi, there no scaling in this app (if its not driver bug)
            Go to Display settings and set "Smaller - 100%". Also check "Set custom size text (DPI)" there should be 100% - 96dpi.
            It its not help, go to app exe file settings -> compatibility and disable display scaling on hi DPI.
            That may be my problem-I'm running 2560X1600 resolution and I think i have the setting at 125% or something. I tried earlier in the day to enable windows aero themes(not currently using them), but that didn't correct the problem. I installed all 3 updated versions-still have the same issue as the op.

slightly off topic; I want to run my I7-3770K at 4.5ghz. however, I want to retain the power savings feature-so, I only want the CPU to go to 4.5ghz if needed. I tested the settings in the bios and was stable at 4.5ghz-no issues. however, it was stuck at that setting, and wouldn't power down.

if i use the formula drive software, and change the multiplier from 39, to 45, will this allow the cpu to power up to 4.5ghz, but then enter into "power savings" mode, when the processor power isn't needed? I think it powers down to something like 30, or maybe even lower-not sure. Also, i have IES set to On. with the old version, it wouldn't stay that way-hopefully they fixed it-as i have the boxes checked to save settings and load on start-up. I like the idea of saving power when possible.

will check the dpi setting tomorrow when I back on my main computer(on laptop now).

Comment

Ok so
              I have reinstalled my win 7 64bit and i saved some file to my ssd which i then transfer over to my reinstalled win 7 hdd. Before i transfer the files back to the new win 7 hdd it it worked fine but once i transfer the files over to the hdd it got the same problem. I tryed uninstalling each file but it didnt work so i reinstalled win 7 for the 2nd time and i didnt transfer the files from my ssd and its working so far.
              im now unable to run more tests as im having overheating problems with my water cooling system and am awaiting some extra fans to sort out my overheating problem.
              Ill keep u all posted once ive sorted out the overheating problem.

I did have a look at the dpi and everything is as Rale said.

Comment

I just looked at my screen resolution/DPI, and had it set to 125%(big monitor-high resolution-makes things easier to see). I changed that to 100%, and the problem went away. You can clearly see the entire program(s), and all the edges.
                I wouldn't keep un-installing and re-installing Win7 just for this issue. From what I see in the two programs, using the BIOS is easier. I haven't read the instructions/help files(if they even exist), so I have no clue what I'm doing with either. I won't be messing with rapid OC or timing config anytime soon. But, changing the DPI solved the problem for me.
                I never did have a problem with the AsRock Formula Drive-that has looked normal from day one, and I do use that for my RAM drive, and the IES.

Comment

Working...
                X